Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the two goal lead.
    I think if Canada had scored shorthanded, we would be tied going into the third.

My guess is if the USA is going to win this one, they will need either: (a) score the next goal; or (b) shutout Canada. I just have a feeling that if Canada gets the next one, they will explode. I hope I'm wrong though. : - )
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I’ve been watching the game and only occasionally checking this thread. Is this what the commentators are saying?
      https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...te-runoff.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Atlanta. This is pretty much over. It’s going to be a 50/50 senate.
        This is going to be a giant kick in the nuts of the cuckoo coup movement and we might see Mitch actually drooling while gnashing his teeth about it, if he doesn’t just stroke out tonight.❤️
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Preview of the violence tomorrow:

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...61929666936833

dump tweeted that a big dem vote dump is incoming lolll

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ml#map-special

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              But we're talking about 100k+ deficits, about 2 points in both races. Is it really going to be enough? Especially for Ossoff.
              Well, if DeKalb stays 80/20, that would be a 120k vote swing, which would completely erase Perdue's lead. If the rest of the 100-150k splits even 60/40, Ossoff wins by 25-30k votes (and there is at least some realistic basis to think that it will split even more in favor of Ossoff...at least based on what I'm hearing).
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Srsly? Huh. I thought being so far north would really drive you guys around the horizon and you'd wind up past Hawaii. Like the way the old USSR was 11 timezones or something even though it's only about as wide as the US.
                The Aleutian Islands are the same time as Hawaii.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I think if Canada had scored shorthanded, we would be tied going into the third.

My guess is if the USA is going to win this one, they will need either: (a) score the next goal; or (b) shutout Canada. I just have a feeling that if Canada gets the next one, they will explode. I hope I'm wrong though. : - )
                  While I like both a) and b), my preference would be “all of the above.”
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

But we're talking about 100k+ deficits, about 2 points in both races. Is it really going to be enough? Especially for Ossoff.
                    Almost certainly more than enough

Comment

Well here is an example. There are 170,000 outstanding in DeKalb. They are expected to break at least 80/20 Dem. So that is a swing of .6 x 170k = 102k for the Dem.

That gives Warnock the win. It puts Ossoff very, very close. So then, where are the non-DeKalb outstanding votes? The only other large county under 98% is Henry (83% for 83k), which is D+20.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-05-2021, 10:17 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

And I'd have thought they were even with like Malaysia.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I still don't trust the NY Times...but if DeKalb is where most of the votes are that is a very good sign. Biden won with 83% in DeKalb.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• 50/50 pot at the World Juniors is at $15.4 million!
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Estimated to be around 450k votes outstanding at +36% Ossoff

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

This is true, but it's a small part of Alaska and an even smaller portion of population.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X