Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Right. But for some reason lazy journalists cant seem to figure out that a moderate Dem in a purple or red district is not going to be able to run on "Defund the Police" and "Stack the Court". Its why I said it was stupid to allow that to be the rhetoric. They should have shut it down whenever asked. (like Biden did) If someone in Seattle or Portland wants that as their platform fine...but AOC had it right when she said its about winning and then lobbying later.

The media though never says that, they know that Dems and their voters are volatile and will fall for clickbait so they push the stupid narrative and end up birthing it into reality. The caucus should be heated, the Dems lost ground. The various wings are trying to figure out an agenda that wont alienate half their voters. That is how things work. Why does the media act like everyone is just going to agree on everything? Reps from the same state in a Party often cant agree. They represent different areas and different constituencies. That is called governing.

I am just sick of seeing this crap. The so called "Liberal Media" does this every time. If they had gotten the Blue Wave they would have found a way to talk about how the "Newbies" are going to be fighting with the "Vets" and how it is tearing the party apart. Meanwhile they never talked about how the Trumpers basically forced the last of the McCain style GOPers out of the Party (until the Lincoln Project made it a massive issue) and they ignored it when the Tea Party and the Fredumbers did the same thing. If they are so "Liberally Biased" why the heck do they paint Libs as weak and GOPers as strong?
    Well stated. I wish I knew the answer.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Expect this to be a not uncommon thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTMannJr/...01429744345089
      Ronna McDaniel is all in on the Dems stealing the election. The friggin Chair of the Party.

The GOP is pushing for a Civil War. Funny how it is all playing out just like us "pearl clutchers" said it would.

edit: And she is pressuring our local GOP to join. https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1324796136926883842
      Last edited by Handyman; 11-06-2020, 02:27 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Right. But for some reason lazy journalists cant seem to figure out that a moderate Dem in a purple or red district is not going to be able to run on "Defund the Police" and "Stack the Court". Its why I said it was stupid to allow that to be the rhetoric. They should have shut it down whenever asked. (like Biden did) If someone in Seattle or Portland wants that as their platform fine...but AOC had it right when she said its about winning and then lobbying later.

The media though never says that, they know that Dems and their voters are volatile and will fall for clickbait so they push the stupid narrative and end up birthing it into reality. The caucus should be heated, the Dems lost ground. The various wings are trying to figure out an agenda that wont alienate half their voters. That is how things work. Why does the media act like everyone is just going to agree on everything? Reps from the same state in a Party often cant agree. They represent different areas and different constituencies. That is called governing.

I am just sick of seeing this crap. The so called "Liberal Media" does this every time. If they had gotten the Blue Wave they would have found a way to talk about how the "Newbies" are going to be fighting with the "Vets" and how it is tearing the party apart. Meanwhile they never talked about how the Trumpers basically forced the last of the McCain style GOPers out of the Party (until the Lincoln Project made it a massive issue) and they ignored it when the Tea Party and the Fredumbers did the same thing. If they are so "Liberally Biased" why the heck do they paint Libs as weak and GOPers as strong?
        The only thing I'd argue with you here is that Republicans fall for clickbait garbage every bit as much.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Ronna McDaniel is all in on the Dems stealing the election. The friggin Chair of the Party.

The GOP is pushing for a Civil War. Funny how it is all playing out just like us "pearl clutchers" said it would.
          It's quite startling to be honest. They used to be so disciplined about hiding their true nature. Now, it's all out in the open. And it still works and gins up a lot of votes.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The only thing I'd argue with you here is that Republicans fall for clickbait garbage every bit as much.
              Yeah, but their clickbait garbage nets them MORE Votes. Not less.

Comment

edit: And she is pressuring our local GOP to join. https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1324796136926883842
                The guys who drove from VA to attack a Philly vote counting station had a homemade AR with 150 rounds and two handguns.

A friend of mine does vote counting for Fairfax County, VA. In a slightly alternative universe he could have been murdered by terrorists radicalized by the official Republican party. Not crazies, not even a crazy outlier Member, but the formal, official party.
                Last edited by Kepler; 11-06-2020, 02:32 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I think there are a lot of us in full-on introspection mode lately.

Not that I was ever a member of the Republican party, but I certainly saw eye to eye with them on many things. However, now that the pretty clothes have been totally removed, I'm horrified. I don't feel that my views have changed all that much, but I look at the GOP like some alien race of monsters right now. I had hoped for a massive bloodletting, and that sanity might have a chance to take hold again, and by 2024-2028 we could have a Republican party that, while perhaps further to the right than I am, I could look to and be ok with. But that didn't happen. No lessons are being learned.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Thursday night backed President Trump's assault on democracy, telling Fox News' Sean Hannity that "everything should be on the table" — including an idea floated on Wednesday that GOP-controlled state legislatures should ignore the will of the people and toss their electoral votes to Trump.
                    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...nnJnJQXCX9kJ6g

Comment

Well that is a different type of clickbait but fair point ;^)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Um, never?

There are a ton of people that crossed the aisle to vote Trump out, and most of those people are horrified at the "defund the police" stuff. My vote for Biden was a vote against the ****bag in chief, not to embrace AOC. And unfortunately, there are a lot of people too turned off by the far left to go as far as I did.

National parties and the media have nationalized races for ever. Moderates lose races all the time because a loon in another state was transposed onto them.
                        This is the key observation. The GOP is actually able to hold its sh-t together paradoxically because it has shrunk to where it is practically a monolith. It has two factions left: Nazis, and people for whom Nazism is not a deal breaker.

That leaves the entire rest of a very diverse nation to the Democrats, and so obviously at any given time some Democrats will say things that other Democrats disagree with. The assumption that one group has to shut up in order not to anger another group is dead wrong because it presumes that one group is privileged. This is easy to see if you reverse the groups and say Centrists should shut up because they anger the Liberals.

The tacit assumption that Centrists own the Democratic party and Liberals are just noisy, immature junior partners is as wrong (and as useful to the Plutes who are our common enemy) as the tacit assumption by the Right that Republicans own the US and Democrats are just noisy, immature junior partners. It comes from the same drive to minimize reform and protect the wealth and power of TPTB.

As Democrats we have to recognize that our diversity of opinion is our strength. That means AOC and Joe Manchin have to support one another for wearing the same jersey. They have nothing to say to each other about how to run or govern in their particular corner of the Democratic (i.e., American) world.

There is only one goal: kill Nazis.
                        There is only one mechanism: beat Republicans.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Ted Cruz is also doubling down on Trump’s re-election chances, for some unfathomable reason... he’s still employed in the Senate, isn’t he? Trying to inherit the Proud Boy endorsement maybe?
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Ted Cruz is also doubling down on Trump’s re-election chances, for some unfathomable reason... he’s still employed in the Senate, isn’t he? Trying to inherit the Proud Boy endorsement maybe?
                            He is pure drip slime.

Comment

• I've seen nothing out of 98% of the republicans in this country that tells me they DON'T want a civil war. The loudest voices in the party (and their media enablers) are basically telling people that American democracy is dead. Again, all projection. Only one party has spent a generation or more making voting a difficult thing for many segments of our society. It's laughable to think people believe this, but how many of trump's 69 million voters are now believing the election has been rife with fraud and cheating, all of it benefitting Biden? I'd bet it's more than half today and by the time this thing is officially called add another few million. Two or three days from now my guess is 50 million people will absolutely believe this election was stolen by Biden and the democrats. That is unacceptable. republicans pushing this narrative are literally leading us down a path to God only knows where. But these people are every bit the traitors that the leaders who caused the 1st Civil War were. Avoid the Christmas rush and arrest 'em all now.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Ted Cruz is also doubling down on Trump’s re-election chances, for some unfathomable reason... he’s still employed in the Senate, isn’t he? Trying to inherit the Proud Boy endorsement maybe?
                                Yes. Remember, Pappy Cruz is a nut evangy preacher/con artist with all sorts of paranoid gunk in his head. Teddy either believes garbage like that or more likely knows it sells.

There are a lot of guys out there on the Right who look at Dump and are thinking...
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X