Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I still have no idea what show that is
    You're not missing anything. I will leave at that because to each their own.

    Comment


    • A really good explanation of how Joe Biden stole the election...

      https://howbidenstoletheelection.com...aSwLl_X0qsXa-k
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

      Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

      Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

      Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

      Comment


      • Out of context but my reply to someone elsewhere claiming an attempt to steal an election is no big deal (among other ridiculous observations) and he can't vote for Democrats because of "globalism". I was livid and therefore not so eloquent:

        They are trying to steal the election for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and you are treating it like a dimestore robbery. That he will likely fail is immaterial to how dangerous of a precedent this has set. If his camp was more competent and successful would you be perfectly ok with the attempt? Would you just let it slide and remain silent? Are you ok knowing that he's planted seeds of doubt in the voting process despite there being no reason for it (with respect to counting votes, not selecting candidates)? You're ok that there will remain nefarious leaders and influencers that are going to learn from the mistakes made here and will stop at nothing to find more outlandish yet harder to defeat methods to usurp our election process?

        This isn't a joke, this isn't going away anytime soon, this should not be laughed off. And with all due respect you are just as guilty and complicit as those in on it and no amount of deflecting or trying to placate my real world observations with platitudes will suffice.

        I don't need the Republican party to fail per se in fact I'd rather see it succeed - for all of us. By that I mean returning to its core values before Reagan bastardized it all. You think the Republican party 'being destroyed' is going to bring something more palatable in its wake? Who is going to fill those shoes? Who has the true voice out there that is going to be heard over the shrills and shrieks of the proud boys, white supremacists, homophobes, Trumpeter swans and selfish *******s that don't care about anyone but themselves?

        On that last note let's be clear about one thing - we are a global society now. That genie is out of the bottle and never going back in. I mean you can move to China, Cuba or North Korea if you'd like, but reality otherwise carries on.

        Comment


        • https://twitter.com/randyrrquaid/sta...082409474?s=21

          Here’s a very normal thing for the leader of a country to retweet.

          Yes, he actually shared this.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            She sounds intelligent.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

            Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

            Comment


            • I'm still perplexed by this "the media doesn't decide who wins" canard.

              I mean, no kidding? They didn't decide. We did. And we decided that Joe Biden won.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

              Comment


              • Yeah, I don't recall a 3-week refrain from Clinton voters in 2016 about the media deciding, or widespread fraud or anything other than "how could so many people vote for trump?" The only two consistent refrains from progressives following 2016 were we wish Clinton had run a better campaign in some states, and maybe the Electoral College as our system for choosing a president is something that needs to be done away with (and the latter isn't even something all Democrats agree with). Yet all trump voters have been saying for 3 weeks now is the election was stolen and the media doesn't decide who wins.

                Oh, and by the way, we progressives are not hypocrites. I was all for abolishing the Electoral College in 2000 when I thought Gore might win there even IF he got fewer popular votes and I still favor abolishing it even though it got Biden elected this time. Don't forget that in 2000 they spoke of that as a possible outcome and the majority of republicans were in favor of using the popular vote to pick the president. Hypocrites that they are, they got off that train quickly when they realized it makes it much easier to elect a republican.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  I'm still perplexed by this "the media doesn't decide who wins" canard.

                  I mean, no kidding? They didn't decide. We did. And we decided that Joe Biden won.
                  Not only that but they have their own media bubble. Seriously. If you have your own echo chamber telling you whatever you want why are you so upset with media? Media is not entirely tailored to your needs as a human. If you want to be informed and not a moron you can find it. If you want to be a complete moron for the rest of your life you can find it.

                  Or is it because Fox News can't decide what the hell to do? Screw em. Go to OAN then. Go to Facebook. Go to Alex Jones. They'll hook you up. Screw Fox News.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                  Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Yeah, I don't recall a 3-week refrain from Clinton voters in 2016 about the media deciding, or widespread fraud or anything other than "how could so many people vote for trump?" The only two consistent refrains from progressives following 2016 were we wish Clinton had run a better campaign in some states, and maybe the Electoral College as our system for choosing a president is something that needs to be done away with (and the latter isn't even something all Democrats agree with). Yet all trump voters have been saying for 3 weeks now is the election was stolen and the media doesn't decide who wins.

                    Oh, and by the way, we progressives are not hypocrites. I was all for abolishing the Electoral College in 2000 when I thought Gore might win there even IF he got fewer popular votes and I still favor abolishing it even though it got Biden elected this time. Don't forget that in 2000 they spoke of that as a possible outcome and the majority of republicans were in favor of using the popular vote to pick the president. Hypocrites that they are, they got off that train quickly when they realized it makes it much easier to elect a republican.
                    Yeah, it's not like anyone on the left claimed that the Russians stole the election for Trump in 2016.

                    With respect to the Electoral College, I understand the frustration with it from the Democrats, but I wouldn't be so quick to discard it. It's not a built in feature of the Electoral College that it favors Republicans or conservatives. Someday it could just as easily favor Democrats, or the Weed Party, or whoever.

                    The thing about the Electoral College, and the individual state by state way we have of doing things, is that it's extremely hard to simply go out and steal an election. Would you have felt more comfortable this year if there was just a group of 3 federal employees in charge of certifying the presidential election results for the entire country?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                    Comment


                    • Dems in Disarray!1!!11!1!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                        There are so many absolutely incredible one liners in that show.
                        I need to rewatch that series, and catch up with the last few seasons.

                        The biting witty one-liners and even the throw away lines had me laughing so hard.

                        And the historical too-on-the-nose quips were just brilliant.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                        Live Radio from 100.3

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                          Yeah, it's not like anyone on the left claimed that the Russians stole the election for Trump in 2016.

                          With respect to the Electoral College, I understand the frustration with it from the Democrats, but I wouldn't be so quick to discard it. It's not a built in feature of the Electoral College that it favors Republicans or conservatives. Someday it could just as easily favor Democrats, or the Weed Party, or whoever.

                          The thing about the Electoral College, and the individual state by state way we have of doing things, is that it's extremely hard to simply go out and steal an election. Would you have felt more comfortable this year if there was just a group of 3 federal employees in charge of certifying the presidential election results for the entire country?
                          As usual, someone from the the right makes a false equivalency argument. You did not have reams of democrats screaming for weeks on end the Russians stole the election. The things we said here were that Russians influenced the narrative, which was absolutely and demonstrably true. No where do I recall the losing candidate in 2016 crying for days about how she lost because of theft and fraud. There were concessions and people moved on. You have the vast majority of the entire republican party spending weeks saying this election was fraudulent and might be overturned. There is NO comparison between how Democrats behaved in 2016 and how republicans are behaving in 2020. Unless you are a liar.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

                            As usual, someone from the the right makes a false equivalency argument. You did not have reams of democrats screaming for weeks on end the Russians stole the election. The things we said here were that Russians influenced the narrative, which was absolutely and demonstrably true. No where do I recall the losing candidate in 2016 crying for days about how she lost because of theft and fraud. There were concessions and people moved on. You have the vast majority of the entire republican party spending weeks saying this election was fraudulent and might be overturned. There is NO comparison between how Democrats behaved in 2016 and how republicans are behaving in 2020. Unless you are a liar.
                            False equivalency is the rights oxygen. They don't survive without it.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • And as for the electoral college, it is wrong because if favors small populations, not because it favors a party. Right now though it clearly favors the republicans, and THAT is why they are opposed to abolishing it. As soon as it moves in another direction they will be all for getting rid of it. Stupid question, but do republicans EVER tire of their own hypocrisy?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                And as for the electoral college, it is wrong because if favors small populations, not because it favors a party. Right now though it clearly favors the republicans, and THAT is why they are opposed to abolishing it. As soon as it moves in another direction they will be all for getting rid of it. Stupid question, but do republicans EVER tire of their own hypocrisy?
                                Nope. That's their water. They don't survive without it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X