X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    No one who posts on a college hockey forum is allowed to make fun of anyone, ever, for any reason.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    No one who posts on a college hockey forum is allowed to make fun of anyone, ever, for any reason.
    What if you have a coworker come to work in a short sleeved polo shirt and a tie?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    All the "extended universe" Star Wars stuff is for complete dweebs. The kind of fans who whine about the newer movies all being terrible and political/pandering to SJWs. I'm sure it'll be a nice, easy paycheck for Ewan McGregor though, he can mail it in just like the prequel movies.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

All the "extended universe" Star Wars stuff is for complete dweebs. The kind of fans who whine about the newer movies all being terrible and political/pandering to SJWs. I'm sure it'll be a nice, easy paycheck for Ewan McGregor though, he can mail it in just like the prequel movies.
    You'll get none of that from me. It's their story, I'm just a consumer of the material.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Now THAT is how you troll

It will be fun to watch all the people who are excited about this stuff completely turn on it the second it deviates from whatever they think is the true canon in their head. Di$ney Wars is very polarizing in ways even the prequels werent. It is going to be must see TV to watch the fallout

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

See I dont think most people are going to watch the D+ shows outside the hardcores anyways. I dont see a lot of people who dont love Star Wars caring about the Obiwon Show or The Mandalorian. Hell I LOVE SW and I doubt I watch either show unless I binge them after the fact cause people I trust like them. I think Disney is spreading things too thin...though I agree going weekly is probably the smarter choice. (Star Trek: Discovery works well that way)

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

A few updates from D23:

The 12.99 bundle of Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu will have a few limitations. These don't sound too bad. Concurrently you'll be allowed 1 Hulu stream, 2 ESPN+ streams and 4 Disney+ streams.
    D+ has a whole slew of Star Wars and MCU shows on the slate. The headliner is the Obi-Wan Kenobi show starring Ewan McGregor that will be set 11 years BBY. There are other programs as well, including a Muppets return and a Lizzie McGuire show.
    Those D+ shows will be released weekly, rather than the Netflix binge method. I think this is a good way to do it as it will make the D+ shows "water cooler friendly" as you won't have to worry if everyone else in the group binged Stranger Things the weekend it came out. It'll also be a boon to the sizable Star Wars/Marvel YouTube community which will make endless hours of content recapping each show and speculating about future episodes.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I imagine it'll be on my Apple TV device. I'm pretty sure Apple only makes companies pay if the user signs up through their Apple IDs.
    I believe it's already been confirmed. It will be on every device (PS4, XBox, Roku etc) except Amazon Fire.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I imagine it'll be on my Apple TV device. I'm pretty sure Apple only makes companies pay if the user signs up through their Apple IDs.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

With all the Spiderman news grabbing headlines, Disney quietly announced it will not pay Amazon so Disney+ will not be on any Amazon Fire device (unless Amazon caves...)

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Has anyone ever done a thin client pc or server build?

Because I’d love to know if something like a raspberry pi could be used to setup an any-room dvr running off the HTPC in the basement in a future scenario.

Because I’ll admit, having a DVR both up and downstairs is kinda nice.
    I'll hang up and listen. I'm also intrigued with doing an HTPC / Plex server to stream movies and TV shows, but I dont know if I have the time to sit and rip my DVD and Blu Ray collections.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    TTF,

You can find free streams for anything...just know you get what you pay for. The quality usually is poor and there will be pop ups.
    This part is true. Never paid for a live stream of Brock UFC fights, had to search but it worked out.

Just for Gopher hockey season, I saved about $400 just by cutting the cord and going out for a burger and a beer (or two) for the games. Decided I liked sitting at home and listening to the radio even more. Any highlight was post within minutes on Twitter/equivalent, so no real loss.

That being said, if you want live, Vue is the way to go for value. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

TTF,

You can find free streams for anything...just know you get what you pay for. The quality usually is poor and there will be pop ups.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    What internet provider? I hear nothing but horror about century link. I want US internet but they aren’t in Edina.
    For me, if Comcast internet alone is close to 90, the $150 I pay for everything doesn’t seem too bad
    We pay $60 for Comcast. (not sure why it never goes up) Ang had CenturyLink when I moved home from Seattle and I forced her to do it. I get faster speeds roaning in South Africa than CL. In one year we went through 3 routers as well. They are awful.

If you can't lower your internet bill keep cable if the price is that low. Ours was going to be higher so we quit. Hulu Live TV isn't perfect but since she was paying for Hulu anyways it worked out well.

dx,

The question is what do you need and how much the internet costs you. Most of the streaming services have tiers so compare and contrast. For us it was Hulu cause we had Hulu anyways and the cloud dvr was way better than YouTube or the others. We didn't add HBO or anything because we are lucky both our parents have it. Be discerning and you can save a lot monthly.

Everyone be warned though the prices are slowly going up as people cut the cord. HuluLive has twice this year though by like a dollar. Don't jump in willy nilly really break it down. I may not want to go back to Comcast but if they can guarantee me a better price for like 2 years we will consider it. Right now they can't.
    Last edited by Handyman; 08-20-2019, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X