No announcement yet.

2019 cycling season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a few more of the cycling fans are off the board now. Either way, TDF 2022 started this morning. INteresting to see it in Denmark. I haven't had a chance to really follow it as much the last few years but hoping to return to watching again this year.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Stage 11 features one of my favorite climbs, an absolutely beautiful, stunning mountain pass, incredibly steep as well. The Lacets de Montvernier.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Oh wow. What a shot. I'll mark my calendar for that one. The chopper pilot is going to have a lot of fun with that.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What maniacal fiend builds a road up a mountain like that? That's just crazy.

That had to have been some old goat path from 2000 years ago that they paved over.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            What maniacal fiend builds a road up a mountain like that? That's just crazy.

That had to have been some old goat path from 2000 years ago that they paved over.
            That’s just the way the Alps are - there are hundreds of such roads, if slightly less dramatic. If they didn’t build roads like that, they’d be hardly any roads at all.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

That’s just the way the Alps are - there are hundreds of such roads, if slightly less dramatic. If they didn’t build roads like that, they’d be hardly any roads at all.
              Yeah, but that's nuts even for the Alps. That cliffside just goes straight up.

Comment

Boston's roads seem just as non-sensical coming from the Midwest's grid pattern, lol....

But yea, that was probably a foot path that originated in like 738 A.D....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Cause Boston's roads are old cattle paths.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Seems like a few more of the cycling fans are off the board now. Either way, TDF 2022 started this morning. INteresting to see it in Denmark. I haven't had a chance to really follow it as much the last few years but hoping to return to watching again this year.
                    Its great having the commentating talent back on ground (vs virtual). Bob Roll sporting a new look.

Cobbles next week!
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I haven't even looked at the course this year. So out of practice!

love me some cobble action as much as the riders hate it.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

Its great having the commentating talent back on ground (vs virtual). Bob Roll sporting a new look.

Cobbles next week!
                        Still hate Phil and Bob. I used to love Phil, actually met him once, but his time has passed. Over/under on how many times he calls Mathiu van der Poel "Adri"? I'm taking 50. He's already referred to studio host Paul Burmeister as "Mark"

Thankfully, Peacock offers an alternate broadcast with commentary by Anthony McCrossen and former pro Nico Roche. Nico is very quiet, and almost laid back, but he knows his stuff.
                        Last edited by rufus; 07-01-2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Today's final climb has to be one of my absolute favorites of all time. Just a complete wall. TWENTY FOUR PERCENT ON GRAVEL!?! What a meat grinder. These guys can barely walk once they cross the finish. Edge of human capability.
                          Code:

Comment

I'm playing catch-up and just got to stage 8.

Just crushed to see Cavendish's career end like this. Really wanted to see him get one more win. Horrible. Don't know how he's not just bawling his eyes out. Finding the strength to even smile at various people while in the ambulance. Especially after he probably could have won Stage 7 and came within inches of doing so.

So far it's been a great Tour otherwise. Lots of fun seeing Powless taking the KOM for so long and winning it back. Seems like the Green Jersey is up for grabs with WvA not even contesting it. Plus the incredible team and individual battles between Lotto and UAE. Tons of fun.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Still hate Phil and Bob. I used to love Phil, actually met him once, but his time has passed. Over/under on how many times he calls Mathiu van der Poel "Adri"? I'm taking 50. He's already referred to studio host Paul Burmeister as "Mark"

Thankfully, Peacock offers an alternate broadcast with commentary by Anthony McCrossen and former pro Nico Roche. Nico is very quiet, and almost laid back, but he knows his stuff.
                              Was meaning to check out the world feed this year. I'm just a stupid sucker for Phil and Bob. I enjoy their commentary and description of the scenes and sights. Vande Velde has been a lot of fun to listen to on the bike this year. Can't remember if it was him or someone else last year. Hell, I barely even remember watching!
                              Code:

Comment

OH! And I just noticed that next year the TDF is finishing in Nice. Just insane to even consider it not finishing in Champs Elysees, much less not even in Paris. I never thought it was a possibility.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X