Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Germany without pork is no longer Germany
    That’s the most logical post you’ve ever had here

    Comment


    • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

      The day Germans learn to form an orderly queue is the day Germany will cease to exist.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The day Germans learn to form an orderly queue is the day Germany will cease to exist.
        Play a martial march.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

        Comment


        • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

          Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          That's kinda the point. Muslims came in, "NO PORK!!!!!!!!!!!!"
          "Well, ok, can't offend anyone, guess we can't serve pork anymore."
          "WHAT? NO PORK?! BOMB IT ALL!"

          It's sad. Honestly, really sad." All the kowtowing and over-reaction.....
          I agree.

          I've lived 4 years in Germany and 5 years in Japan, and I never had the presumption to expect my host countries to cater to my expectations. I ate what they ate, and did my best to assimilate however possible. It never entered my mind to foist my culture on my hosts.

          That's how you immigrate successfully. You defer, and adjust.

          Comment


          • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

            ...or you give them an infectious disease to which they have no immunity and take those that don't die and put them on a reservation.

            Or assimilate.

            Either one.

            Comment


            • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

              Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              ...or you give them an infectious disease to which they have no immunity and take those that don't die and put them on a reservation.

              Or assimilate.

              Either one.
              Well, there's that...

              But I wasn't referencing Lord Amherst here. Europeans were not legal immigrants here, they were lawless invaders, and some of them practitioners of genocide. That's clear, but thanks!

              Today, a stranger in a strange land needs to employ respect toward his hosts, and embrace what exists there to the greatest extent possible. It worked for me. i loved living in both countries, and I remembered that I was a guest at all times...

              Then, I began to feel at home. People everywhere appreciate one's interest in their culture, and one's respect for their turf. That's just the human condition.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-04-2019, 10:51 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Play a martial march.
                Stuttgart didn't seem to have this problem. With decades of Brits and Americans coming to sell auto parts to Mercedes, Porsche, and (1998-2007) DamnNear-Chrysler, that city seems to have somewhat learned its lesson. But I was only there one day/night, so IDK. *shrug*

                Comment


                • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                  https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/arti...mpression=true
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

                  R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                  SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                  Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                  Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                  Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                  Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                  Comment


                  • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Yeah, it's "bullying" for a minority group to march and celebrate the equal rights you and I have enjoyed for years, but that they were denied, harassed, shunned, imprisoned, and in some cases tortured to death over, for eons.

                    Watching you flail and twist on this issue would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic and sad.
                    Last I checked, this is 2019, and same-sex marriage is legal, so what's the buzz, already? Gay people are not persecuted at this time, thankfully.

                    I've always been in favor of anyone marrying anyone. Marriage is a generally bad move, but I'm OK with anyone tying a rope around his/her neck, if that's how they want to live.

                    You certainly "flail" on this one, but clearly you have anger-issues that aren't even related to this topic.

                    You just appear to have misdirected anger. Seen a lot of that via the "Cafe"... Lots of angry people who don't want to discuss, but are just as hateful and as intolerant as Trumpies.

                    You do understand that hate is hate, I hope.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-08-2019, 10:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                      Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Last I checked, this is 2019, and same-sex marriage is legal, so what's the buzz, already? Gay people are not persecuted at this time, thankfully.

                      I've always been in favor of anyone marrying anyone. Marriage is a generally bad move, but I'm OK with anyone tying a rope around his/her neck, if that's how they want to live.

                      You certainly "flail" on this one, but clearly you have anger-issues that aren't even related to this topic.

                      You just appear to have misdirected anger. Seen a lot of that via the "Cafe"... Lots of angry people who don't want to discuss, but are just as hateful and as intolerant as Trumpies.

                      You do understand that hate is hate, I hope.
                      Wait, what?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                      Comment


                      • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                        Hey this board could use a good gimmick account : popcorn:

                        Comment


                        • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                          Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Hey this board could use a good gimmick account : popcorn:
                          Like they're not a dime a dozen already.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                          Live Radio from 100.3

                          Comment


                          • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                            Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            I agree.

                            I've lived 4 years in Germany and 5 years in Japan, and I never had the presumption to expect my host countries to cater to my expectations. I ate what they ate, and did my best to assimilate however possible. It never entered my mind to foist my culture on my hosts.

                            That's how you immigrate successfully. You defer, and adjust.
                            I'm sure some cultures are more resistant to incorporating immigrant culture into their own, but I think it's a bit different for Immigrants coming to America. We've advertised ourselves as a melting pot. We don't expect immigrants to give up their cultural identity, we absorb parts of it. Our regional foods are often the result of significant waves of immigration. Pretty much every major city has a "Chinatown", "Little Italy", etc.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                              Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Wait, what?
                              I guess Fishman'81 also thinks racism ended with desegregation too

                              Comment


                              • Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

                                Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                I agree.

                                I've lived 4 years in Germany and 5 years in Japan, and I never had the presumption to expect my host countries to cater to my expectations. I ate what they ate, and did my best to assimilate however possible. It never entered my mind to foist my culture on my hosts.

                                That's how you immigrate successfully. You defer, and adjust.
                                Defer to what? Adjust to what? What is "American culture"?

                                America is different precisely because we are the whole world. America is amazing and refreshing because it is NOT an Ethno-state like Germany or Japan. American culture is always exactly what its residents say it is, by definition.

                                America is every culture on the planet. Every language, every ethnicity, every type of food and music. We are the Earth in microcosm, held together by the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and the legal structure of the Constitution.

                                America is constantly under construction. In the 1800s it was Fat Britain with a side of Kraut, in the 1900s it was Whitey World, in the 2000s it is becoming LatinoLand, and in the 2100s it will presumably end up as Southeast Asia with Less Humidity* because have you looked at the Earth's demographics?

                                Meanwhile we're all busy f-cking each other and creating super good looking miscegenation babies!

                                America is Humanity. Our culture is whatever you bring from wherever you came and whatever you create new once you get here.

                                * And Latinos will be screaming "we must stop the Yellow Horde!" because America is always, "I'm here; now history ends!!!"
                                Last edited by Kepler; 08-09-2019, 08:04 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X