Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I guess I see it mostly as a war not worth fighting. Even after last weekend there have only been around 60 people die this year in mass shootings where the shooter was unrelated to them. The resources would be better used elsewhere and I think it would cause even more angst/unrest/whatever you want to call it in the country. At some point we need to move on from the partisan nonsense and diviseness that has reigned for the past however many years.
    "move on from the partisan nonsense" = give me what I want.

No.

The status quo is also a choice. We are deadlocked between those who want to keep their penile implants and those who are sick of dead kids. We aren't "moving on." If you aren't either then I guess we'll see you in court.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I'm willing to compromise but you're going to have to give me something good. Right now the President wants his immigration BS just for background checks and red flag laws. No thank you. For those two you don't deserve anything.
      I’ve given my ideas before; national licensing scheme, waiting period, mental health training. For me all of those would have much more impact than background checks or gun bans.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I honestly dont care if it causes divisiveness. And what a ludicrous thing to say...if we dont get rid of guns it isnt like things are going to get better between the Parties. The Right is never going to come to their senses so I really dont give a crap if I offend them more.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I’ve given my ideas before; national licensing scheme, waiting period, mental health training. For me all of those would have much more impact than background checks or gun bans.
          At this point no they wont. They will water it all down to the point it has no teeth. You could have had your way but your side blocked common sense at every turn. Guess what...you gambled and lost.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Right in this country no longer matters. They don't act in good faith. They are terrorists. If you want to put a milestone on it I pick Garland but we can go back further, practically all the way to Newt.

Outvote them, legislate what we want, contain them and let them take out their petty hatreds on each other.

The Right doesn't sit at the adults table anymore. They are an unthinking attribute of the natural environment that has to be gotten around, like an active volcano or a malarial swamp.
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-09-2019, 10:53 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Compromise is suspended until things normalize. They dont compromise on anything so neither should we.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Is there anything wrong with 6 bullets yes, more than that no?
                I'm content with capacity limits. I strongly favor limits. 6 on a long gun, 10 on non-long guns. Chambered round counts for capacity. Long guns are a hard/fast rule. No grandfathering of long gun capacity. You must buy new clips to comply. Current handguns with 11-16 capacity are grandfathered. New firearms MUST NOT be able to use grandfathered clips.

But that is also something that is cut/dry. You either meet it or not. There is a lot of other thought that comes into this. And I DO NOT want it to affect hunting/sport shooting. That is the problem with a lot of the blanket coverage that people that have never touched a firearm don't care about.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  I'm content with capacity limits. I strongly favor limits. 6 on a long gun, 10 on non-long guns. Chambered round counts for capacity. Long guns are a hard/fast rule. No grandfathering of long gun capacity. You must buy new clips to comply. Current handguns with 11-16 capacity are grandfathered. New firearms MUST NOT be able to use grandfathered clips.

But that is also something that is cut/dry. You either meet it or not. There is a lot of other thought that comes into this. And I DO NOT want it to affect hunting/sport shooting. That is the problem with a lot of the blanket coverage that people that have never touched a firearm don't care about.
                  I agree with the last sentence. I was far more anti-gun when I knew nobody who used one (which was my entire life until I was in my 40s). To those who have never held a firearm they are inherently scary and that can make those people nearly as irrational as the fondlers. And when I actually did target shoot I experienced the enjoyment and challenge that comes with it. I get it. I even get the aesthetic beauty of certain guns.

Those guns are f-cking works of art.

But let me start negotiations with the farthest possible position, given that I respect where you're coming from. Why not give up hunting/sport shooting if it makes this problem go away? It is, at the end of the day, a hobby. Is a hobby worth all this?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-09-2019, 12:22 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But let me start negotiations with the farthest possible position, given that I respect where you're coming from. Why not give up hunting/sport shooting if it makes this problem go away? It is, at the end of the day, a hobby. Is a hobby worth all this?
                    Sport shooting is as essential as bocce ball and we could regulate it (40 bullets/year?) today for all I care. But in the UP (&Alaska, MN, WI, OH, etc) there are a lot of sustenance hunters who are critical to state wildlife mgmt programs - given that we’ve pretty much eradicated apex predators in a lot of places - who are getting a significant dose of their families’ protein out of the bush. It’s not a hobby.
                    We could talk about limiting hunting to single shots, bolt actions and bows though.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Compromise is suspended until things normalize. They dont compromise on anything so neither should we.
                      Compromise is fine as long as the Democrats start from as extreme a position as the Republicans do for a change. The problem with Democrats is they always start in the middle.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I agree with the last sentence. I was far more anti-gun when I knew nobody who used one (which was my entire life until I was in my 40s). To those who have never held a firearm they are inherently scary and that can make those people nearly as irrational as the fondlers. And when I actually did target shoot I experienced the enjoyment and challenge that comes with it. I get it. I even get the aesthetic beauty of certain guns.

Those guns are f-cking works of art.

I think it is. The US is a country that was one of the first to embrace our natural beauty that we have (look at the National Park system's founding). From there, there has always been a culture that loves the outdoors, whether it was for sustenance or hobby. If you eliminate all hunting in one swoop, you lose a significant portion of people that want to protect those lands. Look at the push that BIG CORPORATE is making in the West to gain mining/drilling rights. Hunters are the backbone of that resistance. You take away their hobby, they might not be as motivated to stand up and fight for Nature. That is a component that anti-gun people don't see, yet I'm sure many will check a box to protect our natural resources. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face on that one.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Gotta wonder if the guy saw this as a way to get his 15 minutes without actually killing anyone? Risk af I realize but **** like this is becoming the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Gotta wonder if the guy saw this as a way to get his 15 minutes without actually killing anyone?
                            I mean, if so then good. Get him under observation and for god's sake pass a law so he can never have a weapon.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              For you. But you have continuously demonstrated here that you're an imbecile, so sorry, we don't give a crap what you want.

And what the hell is "mental health training"?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Glad to see Wal-Mart will ban the violent video game displays...but still sell ****ing guns.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X