Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Could be tied by July...

That sound you just heard are ratings for the other majors going through the roof.
    Unless rain is forecast...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Golf thread

I find this dynamic interesting between team and individual sports.

Team:
      Golden State is bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
      UConn women are bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
      Alabama is bad for football because they're too dominant.
      (To a lesser extent this is heard) The Patriots are bad for football because they're too dominant.

Yet, in individual sports:
      In men's tennis, the Big Four are worshiped. I'm not sure if they've ever all been together in the same semi-final, but whenever they meet in a final it's always billed as another all-timer. Especially when Federer went on his run, there was no talk of tennis being boring.
      Serena Williams is women's tennis.
      Jimmie Johnson won six straight NASCAR titles, and not only was it not bad for NASCAR, he would never even be considered the most popular driver during that stretch.
      Don't pay too much attention to F1, but it doesn't appear that Lewis Hamilton winning every week by 30 seconds is ruining that sport.
      And then you have Tiger Woods and golf. Guy mowed down competition for 15 years and throws it all away with addiction and infidelity. What happens in the interim between his downfall and his return? Despite the playing field being blown wide open, where you can, for the first time since the mid 90s, expect someone other than the guy wearing red on Sunday to win, golf is considered ruined.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So Nantz job is to try and make the golfer cry? Good lord.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I come here to chat about Tiger, and a historical victory and the golf thread is packed with political bull****. Seriously, get help.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            That is interesting.

I think there's a tacit assumption that if a team becomes dominant it's because they've cheated in some way, either because of the system or because of money or just because they flat out cheat.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This win also reminds me that none of the gf Tigers had are hotter than his wife was.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

This thing was Molinari's until he went swimming on 12. He was never the same after that.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Molinari looks like his dog just died.
                  I wanted a screenshot of his face just to remind me in the worst of times it can always get worse.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Team:
                    Golden State is bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
                    UConn women are bad for basketball because they're too dominant.
                    Alabama is bad for football because they're too dominant.
                    (To a lesser extent this is heard) The Patriots are bad for football because they're too dominant.

Yet, in individual sports:
                    In men's tennis, the Big Four are worshiped. I'm not sure if they've ever all been together in the same semi-final, but whenever they meet in a final it's always billed as another all-timer. Especially when Federer went on his run, there was no talk of tennis being boring.
                    Serena Williams is women's tennis.
                    Jimmie Johnson won six straight NASCAR titles, and not only was it not bad for NASCAR, he would never even be considered the most popular driver during that stretch.
                    Don't pay too much attention to F1, but it doesn't appear that Lewis Hamilton winning every week by 30 seconds is ruining that sport.
                    And then you have Tiger Woods and golf. Guy mowed down competition for 15 years and throws it all away with addiction and infidelity. What happens in the interim between his downfall and his return? Despite the playing field being blown wide open, where you can, for the first time since the mid 90s, expect someone other than the guy wearing red on Sunday to win, golf is considered ruined.
                    I’ll tell you what, I hated it more in F1 than almost every other sport. Ruined it for me for a while. But I always did respect the hell of out the Mercedes team. Those engineers did magical things with those cars and put them light years ahead of the competition.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: Golf thread

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      He continues to stay healthy he has a really good chance of catching Jack and I think he will. The roar has been restored
                      He needs 3 more majors to tie Nicklaus. Not sure that's realistic at 43, but he has changed his style of play quite a bit to account for his age, and if anyone can do it, it's Tiger.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I come here to chat about Tiger, and a historical victory and the golf thread is packed with political bull****. Seriously, get help.
                        It is sad when politics have to come into play. Enjoy the moment and leave that shyt out of it
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          He needs 3 more majors to tie Nicklaus. Not sure that's realistic at 43, but he has changed his style of play quite a bit to account for his age, and if anyone can do it, it's Tiger.
                          A couple years ago no one thought he'd win another one, let alone 4 more, and here we are. Literally nothing he does would surprise me at this point. He could never win again, he could reel off 5 of the next 6. I wouldn't be fazed.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

There was one political comment from the usual suspect, and everyone could've just ignored it, but of course some didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              There was one political comment from the usual suspect, and everyone could've just ignored it, but of course some didn't.
                              But unfortunately that’s all it takes into today’s political world
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                That is interesting.

I think there's a tacit assumption that if a team becomes dominant it's because they've cheated in some way, either because of the system or because of money or just because they flat out cheat.
                                I think in team sports, it's because the team goes and gets all the best players. In individual sports, you can't accumulate all the talent, so it's different.

As far as Tiger...3 more majors in the next 7 years isn't unreasonable, assuming his back/health are good.

What a fun day of golf. I was happy to see that Tiger Fist Pump again.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X