Golf thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Who says the Miami franchise wasn't bought by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.
    Because the Saudi sovereign wealth fund bought four Saudi teams instead.

Also because Inter Miami is Beckham’s team.

Edit: I mentioned it in the soccer thread but most of money in the Messi/MLS deal is coming from Apple and Adidas.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Because the Saudi sovereign wealth fund bought four Saudi teams instead.

Also because Inter Miami is Beckham’s team.

Edit: I mentioned it in the soccer thread but most of money in the Messi/MLS deal is coming from Apple and Adidas.
      Couldn't it theoretically buy every team on earth several times over? And Beckham?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Couldn't it theoretically buy every team on earth several times over? And Beckham?
        It could definitely make a dent.

The soccer deals are the Saudis trying to buy the hosting rights to 2030 World Cup. They want to one up the Qataris so they’re buying foreign players to be ambassadors and build the stature of their domestic league. Buying Miami doesn’t do s- on that end.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Am I an A-hole for being a fan of the 17th redesign at Hoylake?

I get that anything that is off target stands a good chance at being death. But Tour pros absolutely can throw darts from 135 yards. Just put your shot in the center and take your 2 putts to get up & down from 20-25 feet. It's not fancy, but it's a straightforward par. The center of the green does provide a margin of error consistent with what a Major should have.

Where we are gonna see the carnage is when guys try and forgo that margin of error and shoot at the pin. You're gonna have to be spot on with the pin placements. If you are on, you can leave yourself 10-12 feet for a two. It's when you are off 3-5 yards from that point that you bring the edge slopes into play. Yea, it's mini-golf with the ball auto-rolling into the bunkers. And I get that these are vertical bunker walls where you just see a player's ball cap. But again, you can take the safe route and avoid all of that.

Time to be a big boy and take your medicine. I'm gonna love seeing this play out =)
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I cannot get over Jason Days pants

that company has to have PR people and it’s not exactly great that everyone thinks he’s eating mc hammer pants

Comment

• Augusta asked Jason to change sweaters lol

glad none of the LIV *******s got the green jacket this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I cannot get over Jason Days pants

that company has to have PR people and it’s not exactly great that everyone thinks he’s eating mc hammer pants
                It almost looked like he was wearing a diaper or something.

Great third round but disappointing fourth round.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• So Scottie scheffler getting cuffed and hauled away not a great look for Louisville PD. I’ve seen the video- just ridiculous

and a spectator died this morning, terrible

scottie tee time is 1008 but no one has any idea if he wil be released at that time

”Breaking News: World No. 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler has been detained by police in handcuffs after a misunderstanding with traffic flow led to his attempt to drive past a police officer into Valhalla Golf Club. The police officer attempted to attach himself to Scheffler’s car, and Scheffler then stopped his vehicle at the entrance to Valhalla. The police officer then began to scream at Scheffler to get out of the car. When Scheffler exited the vehicle, the officer shoved Scheffler against the car and immediately placed him in handcuffs. He is now being detained in the back of a police car.”

per Jeff Darlington who posted a video of part of the arrest

Comment

• Lmao golf digest has his mug shot

Comment

• Louisville PD has such a wonderful reputation, though.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• We all know the big stuff but someone just unveiled tweets showing Louisville PD filming themselves throwing drinks on unsuspecting people. For over a year

the world number one is quiet, humble and rambles on about Jesus. He made a genuine mistake this morning and this asshile cop can’t handle it

Comment

• His charges include a felony lmao

Second-degree assault of a police officer
                          Third-degree criminal mischief
                          Reckless driving
                          Disregarding traffic signals from an officer directing traffic

He has been released on his own recognizance, per reports.

Comment

• That cop's next beat will be the Grand Forks muni.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The cop "attached himself to scheffler's car" after he drove around the barriers(?) or some traffic signal. He then started pounding his flashlight on the car window. Them he slammed him against the car and arrested him.

Scheffler made a stupid mistake. The cop took it upon himself to play stuntman and then threw a tantrum.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Not to defend the police but there are a fair amount of people injured/killed directing traffic each year. There have been a couple high profile incidents in Mass last few months.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X