Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    Who says the Miami franchise wasn't bought by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.
    Because the Saudi sovereign wealth fund bought four Saudi teams instead.

    Also because Inter Miami is Beckham’s team.

    Edit: I mentioned it in the soccer thread but most of money in the Messi/MLS deal is coming from Apple and Adidas.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Because the Saudi sovereign wealth fund bought four Saudi teams instead.

      Also because Inter Miami is Beckham’s team.

      Edit: I mentioned it in the soccer thread but most of money in the Messi/MLS deal is coming from Apple and Adidas.
      Couldn't it theoretically buy every team on earth several times over? And Beckham?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        Couldn't it theoretically buy every team on earth several times over? And Beckham?
        It could definitely make a dent.

        The soccer deals are the Saudis trying to buy the hosting rights to 2030 World Cup. They want to one up the Qataris so they’re buying foreign players to be ambassadors and build the stature of their domestic league. Buying Miami doesn’t do s- on that end.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Am I an A-hole for being a fan of the 17th redesign at Hoylake?

          I get that anything that is off target stands a good chance at being death. But Tour pros absolutely can throw darts from 135 yards. Just put your shot in the center and take your 2 putts to get up & down from 20-25 feet. It's not fancy, but it's a straightforward par. The center of the green does provide a margin of error consistent with what a Major should have.

          Where we are gonna see the carnage is when guys try and forgo that margin of error and shoot at the pin. You're gonna have to be spot on with the pin placements. If you are on, you can leave yourself 10-12 feet for a two. It's when you are off 3-5 yards from that point that you bring the edge slopes into play. Yea, it's mini-golf with the ball auto-rolling into the bunkers. And I get that these are vertical bunker walls where you just see a player's ball cap. But again, you can take the safe route and avoid all of that.

          Time to be a big boy and take your medicine. I'm gonna love seeing this play out =)
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

          Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

          Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

          Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

          Comment

          Working...
          X