Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

116th Congress: F-cker WAS Impeached. Still not enough.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

That's a man looking reeeeeeally uncomfortable.
    Yeah I watched that last night and he looks like he would rather be anywhere but there.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• SurveyUSA again has the MN US Senate close at Smith+3.

Poll Report (documentcloud.org)

This can't be real. Lewis +1 in 18-34. I literally do not believe that. And again with the Trump-Smith voters. Really, 7% of Trump voters are going to vote for Smith with another 6% who are undecided? Give me a ****ing break.

SurveyUSA doesn't inspire confidence in that A rating.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ummm I don’t believe any person who votes for trump also voting for Tina.

if a woman is ok to pull the lever for dump, she has no issue with Jason Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Ummm I don’t believe any person who votes for trump also voting for Tina.

if a woman is ok to pull the lever for dump, she has no issue with Jason Lewis
          I would think the numbers in that group would be pretty small, but I can at least understand a rationale for it.

In the past I have voted for a House candidate or Senate candidate with whom I did not necessarily agree. I did so because I thought the issue of seniority, and the power that it brings to that particular person, is more important to the state than finding someone closer to my beliefs.

For instance, Collin Peterson in western and northwestern Minnesota. Collin is pretty conservative as Democrats go, but even if he was more liberal, or even if my beliefs were in lockstep with the Republican candidate, I would never in a million elections vote him out. His seniority and position as chairman for the House Ag committee are way more important to the State than just finding someone slightly more aligned with me.

Now, Smith has almost no seniority so that argument doesn't really apply here, but under the right circumstances I could easily see voting for someone for President and voting against their political twin for Senate or House.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I would think the numbers in that group would be pretty small, but I can at least understand a rationale for it.

In the past I have voted for a House candidate or Senate candidate with whom I did not necessarily agree. I did so because I thought the issue of seniority, and the power that it brings to that particular person, is more important to the state than finding someone closer to my beliefs.

For instance, Collin Peterson in western and northwestern Minnesota. Collin is pretty conservative as Democrats go, but even if he was more liberal, or even if my beliefs were in lockstep with the Republican candidate, I would never in a million elections vote him out. His seniority and position as chairman for the House Ag committee are way more important to the State than just finding someone slightly more aligned with me.

Now, Smith has almost no seniority so that argument doesn't really apply here, but under the right circumstances I could easily see voting for someone for President and voting against their political twin for Senate or House.
            Oh I’m on Board with the concept, but literally can’t wrap my head around this particular scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              SurveyUSA again has the MN US Senate close at Smith+3.

Poll Report (documentcloud.org)

This can't be real. Lewis +1 in 18-34. I literally do not believe that. And again with the Trump-Smith voters. Really, 7% of Trump voters are going to vote for Smith with another 6% who are undecided? Give me a ****ing break.

SurveyUSA doesn't inspire confidence in that A rating.
              What has changed in the past week or so that would have moved the needle closer to her? Did they correct for an oversample of outstate last time or something? Outside of Lewis having a hernia there has literally been nothing of value.

I get the feeling they are forcing results either on purpose or out of laziness. Even leaving aside there is almost no chance Lewis is polling that well with the 18-34 crowd the whole thing makes no sense. Again in other states I can buy the ticket splitting stuff but Minnesota hasnt ticket split in forever on national elections. If the MNGOP had run someone other than Lewis I would have Tina as very vulnerable but they ran a guy who couldnt even win re-election in a district that until Craig won in 2018 had had exactly 1 Dem Rep in my lifetime. Now we are to believe that guy, who Republican voters ran away from 2 years ago is somehow a threat?

With the amount of votes already in and with the population centers that are going to go heavy for Smith over Lewis I just dont buy any of it. Just this month this poll has had Smith +7, Smith +1 and now Smith +3. All that with zero negative happening for smith and really nothing of note positive happening for Lewis outside Trump coming here and propping him up. (he did get a good endorsement out of Duluth but that would not make a dent in the TC) I mean even the serial hedgers at 538 dont seem to buy it.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What has changed in the past week or so that would have moved the needle closer to her? Did they correct for an oversample of outstate last time or something? Outside of Lewis having a hernia there has literally been nothing of value.
                You don't like the target shooting ad?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You don't like the target shooting ad?
                  Oh jesus...I am not even sure what that ad was supposed to convey. I laughed but not with it totally at it.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh jesus...I am not even sure what that ad was supposed to convey. I laughed but not with it totally at it.
                    If you're going to do that ad, you have to bring out the Dirty Harry .44 magnum, not whatever squirt gun Lewis was using.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That was utter and complete destruction. Perdue should get zero votes after that, but Republicans.
                      Already has 2 million views. I feel like I just saw the Sumner caning.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Perdue withdraws from third debate with Ossof.

Pu$$y.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

If you're going to do that ad, you have to bring out the Dirty Harry .44 magnum, not whatever squirt gun Lewis was using.
                          For those of us playing at home, what are you guys talking about?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

For those of us playing at home, what are you guys talking about?
                            https://twitter.com/LewisForMN/statu...25528276881408

That is the ad Lewis ran trying to look like a hardazz. I am pretty sure the pellet gun I had as a kid was more intimidating. It kind of reminded me of Kerry when he tried to look like a hunter because he got called out for being anti-gun.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Your analysis of Peterson is dead on. Excellent points. But I think you’re giving credit to all but the most informed voters and strategic voters. Easily 95th percentile for both.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I get the feeling they are forcing results either on purpose or out of laziness. Even leaving aside there is almost no chance Lewis is polling that well with the 18-34 crowd the whole thing makes no sense. Again in other states I can buy the ticket splitting stuff but Minnesota hasnt ticket split in forever on national elections. If the MNGOP had run someone other than Lewis I would have Tina as very vulnerable but they ran a guy who couldnt even win re-election in a district that until Craig won in 2018 had had exactly 1 Dem Rep in my lifetime. Now we are to believe that guy, who Republican voters ran away from 2 years ago is somehow a threat?

With the amount of votes already in and with the population centers that are going to go heavy for Smith over Lewis I just dont buy any of it. Just this month this poll has had Smith +7, Smith +1 and now Smith +3. All that with zero negative happening for smith and really nothing of note positive happening for Lewis outside Trump coming here and propping him up. (he did get a good endorsement out of Duluth but that would not make a dent in the TC) I mean even the serial hedgers at 538 dont seem to buy it.
                                i did see one bizarro upsidedownworld stat that showed 2016 exit polling among 18 to 34-year-olds Trump won them by a point in Minnesota. It was just A screenshot. I didn’t see the actual data. Been meaning to look that up. Not sure I believe that.

Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X