Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

116th Congress: F-cker WAS Impeached. Still not enough.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

JimJ, unlikely voice of psychotic wisdom. :-)
    I’m here to help.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Biden should be favored to win but these projections cannot account for how interference the GOP and Trump will put into stealing this right before our eyes. Voter suppression and intimidation, missing or uncounted ballots, etc., etc. I love the probabilities but the message still needs to be VOTE!!!

Also I'm still not in agreement with expanding the SC. OPTICS do freaking matter. We need to find ways to create more unity not division and the SC is at the forefront of items that trigger the orcs.

If the Dems take over Congress they can enact real change in this country including getting rid of the filibuster, putting in tax policy to save the middle class, save the environment, rebuild infrastructure, bring back jobs, bolster the ACA - in others words impact this country in a way Americans care about. Prove that we are better than them and no I do not think that is naive. Why? Because Trump has exposed the maggots - Americans are more awake than at any time since the 60's at least. Get started on legislation that people care about instead of creating a circus that will **** off a portion of the country that is ready to finally turn their backs on the Republican party for good.

Comment

Sociopathy. It's what's for dinner.
        Party of life.

More like a cult of death.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sociopathy. It's what's for dinner.
          In fairness to Rep. Lamborn, he's incredibly dumb. It's probably his chief of staff that's the sociopath.

Comment

• Mike lee reminds us that democracy isn’t good for us

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinMKru...79309549031424

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Biden should be favored to win but these projections cannot account for how interference the GOP and Trump will put into stealing this right before our eyes. Voter suppression and intimidation, missing or uncounted ballots, etc., etc. I love the probabilities but the message still needs to be VOTE!!!

Also I'm still not in agreement with expanding the SC. OPTICS do freaking matter. We need to find ways to create more unity not division and the SC is at the forefront of items that trigger the orcs.

If the Dems take over Congress they can enact real change in this country including getting rid of the filibuster, putting in tax policy to save the middle class, save the environment, rebuild infrastructure, bring back jobs, bolster the ACA - in others words impact this country in a way Americans care about. Prove that we are better than them and no I do not think that is naive. Why? Because Trump has exposed the maggots - Americans are more awake than at any time since the 60's at least. Get started on legislation that people care about instead of creating a circus that will **** off a portion of the country that is ready to finally turn their backs on the Republican party for good.
              And you think all of that isnt going to set them off? Obama wore a tan suit and they wanted to tar and feather him. Sorry man but naive is the exact word I would use.

I am not exactly keen on packing the Court either but the optics arent the reason. Whatever goes on the orcs will flip the script on the optics. It is what they do. DC Statehood will be a coup. Immigration Reform will be open borders so illegals can vote Dem. Voter Reform will be stealing elections and so on.

You seem to be of the belief we can win them back...we cant. We tried. No more Mr. Nice Guy trying not to offend the 37% who arent smart enough to tie their shoes. We cant govern in fear of what the other side will think. The majority supports us, so it is time to start acting like it.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'll agree to disagree and state flat out I think you're wrong. We'll see.

Comment

I'll agree to disagree and state flat out I think you're wrong. We'll see.
                  What exactly am I wrong about? Obama proved that the GOP and anyone voting for them has no interest in "coming together". As long as Faux and OANN exist there is no chance anything a Dem does will be looked upon favorably by the other side.

Again I am not advocating packing the Court...but the Dems need to govern from strength or they are out in 4 years. If they go usual Dem and try and govern from the middle they will lose to whichever strong man the GOP puts up. It is time they showed the GOP that elections have consequences as well and hold their feet to the fire.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The Dems can’t allow these seats to be stolen and placing people who are so far out of touch when what they actual majority of Americans want.

what’s the other option, impeachment? Ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What exactly am I wrong about? Obama proved that the GOP and anyone voting for them has no interest in "coming together". As long as Faux and OANN exist there is no chance anything a Dem does will be looked upon favorably by the other side.

Again I am not advocating packing the Court...but the Dems need to govern from strength or they are out in 4 years. If they go usual Dem and try and govern from the middle they will lose to whichever strong man the GOP puts up. It is time they showed the GOP that elections have consequences as well and hold their feet to the fire.
                      I agree to agree. I highly doubt Biden will do that though. He will be Charlie Brown to the GOP's Lucy just like Obama.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Biden should be favored to win but these projections cannot account for how interference the GOP and Trump will put into stealing this right before our eyes. Voter suppression and intimidation, missing or uncounted ballots, etc., etc. I love the probabilities but the message still needs to be VOTE!!!

Nothing they do will matter when the Supreme Court strikes down everything the Democrats passes. That's why McConnell is going balls to the wall. Their options are court packing, or limiting judicial review in the Constitution, claiming Marbury v. Madison was wrongly decided. That's equally extreme. Or they let the SC squash the Democrats for a generation.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What in Slap Shot’s post speaks to Democrats governing from a position of weakness? Can anyone really say with a straight face that the vast, vast majority of Biden’s policy platform is “the middle?” From the viewpoint of almost any (actual) policy wonk, Biden’s platform is the most progressive in history. Abolish the filibuster, pass all of that progressive s-it, and let the chips fall where they may. If only 33, or 37, or 42% of America is impossible to convince those progressive policies are good for Americans, f-ck ‘em. That’ll mean Democrats still have +50%, and the vast majority of the policies enacted keep helping everyday Americans, enough people (voters) recognize that, and Democrats keep getting re-elected. It would take the Supreme Court years to overturn all the s-it, if it’s overturned at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                            Can anyone really say with a straight face that the vast, vast majority of Biden’s policy platform is “the middle?&#8221
                            Yes. Biden's policy platform is the center line of the people of this country. It is only shocking to cons because America has spent the last 50 years oscillating between 1 and 3 standard deviations to the Right.

Biden is a move back to the Center. Hopefully it's only temporary and we will spend the next 50 years oscillating between 1 and 3 standard deviations to the Left.

That will be balance.

The clueless, privileged, fragile entitlement of cons has to end. They are so used to being tippy-toed around because they go nuclear at the slightest sign of progress away from their caves that they actually think they are the norm. They aren't -- they have become a more and more radical fringe. A cult that happens to have 30% of the nation. But every sane person reviles them, and it is now time for them to have no input at all beyond their local failed states. The reactionary conservatism of America does not work for anyone except the 1%, and it hasn't since the mid-19th century. That is why the rest of the civilized world has thrown it completely onto the ash heap of history along with slavery and unregulated capitalism and nationalism. It's a desperately sick atavism, only made possible here by the coincidence of a massively undereducated and fanatically religious permanent white underclass.

The American Right is a disease. You don't split the difference with a disease, you eradicate it.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-08-2020, 11:37 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What in Slap Shot’s post speaks to Democrats governing from a position of weakness? Can anyone really say with a straight face that the vast, vast majority of Biden’s policy platform is “the middle?” From the viewpoint of almost any (actual) policy wonk, Biden’s platform is the most progressive in history. Abolish the filibuster, pass all of that progressive s-it, and let the chips fall where they may. If only 33, or 37, or 42% of America is impossible to convince those progressive policies are good for Americans, f-ck ‘em. That’ll mean Democrats still have +50%, and the vast majority of the policies enacted keep helping everyday Americans, enough people (voters) recognize that, and Democrats keep getting re-elected. It would take the Supreme Court years to overturn all the s-it, if it’s overturned at all.
                              You need to leave Kentucky more often. That is a moderate platform. Bringing things back to normal != Progressive just because the Right went Reactionary.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

lmao

Most progressive in history? LOL. FDR.

The needle has moved so far right that we think clean air and water are radical ideas now. Or, Conservative Health Care (Obamacare) which is what we really have right now is radical,.

We need the next FDR. UBI is needed ASAP.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X