Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

116th Congress: F-cker WAS Impeached. Still not enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Minnesotans. Is Omar gonna hold on or what?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I don't know to be honest. I personally hope she does but it's probably for the wrong reasons. She's not in my district so it's not my vote.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I don't know to be honest. I personally hope she does but it's probably for the wrong reasons. She's not in my district so it's not my vote.
        The opponent sounds pretty underwhelming.

As she becomes more seasoned she will by definition become less radical, if that's what her constituents are worried about.

Right now it just looks like AIPAC wants a scalp to keep everybody terrified of them. Handing them a big, public loss would be a Very Good Thing in its own right.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

She’s my rep. I don’t really like her. I like all the other squad members- but ilhan is my least fav. I’ll vote for her if she’s up of course

Comment

Since Tlaib got away with that wishy-washy word salad about how her people, the Palestinians, suffered and gave away their land to give the Jews a safe haven after the Holocaust, I'm pretty sure Omar is gonna survive.

Comment

I think her opponent kind of sucks...but I definitely smell fear in her campaign. She has sent me like 5 emails in the past 3 days and I have never signed up for her emails. She is also having her campaign text a lot lately which wouldnt annoy me except they are so disorganized and lazy that despite the fact that I have told them AT LEAST 4 TIMES they have the wrong name and gender (though they also text my correct name so they obviously dont do any actual research into the names they have) for my number which I have had since 2004 they never change it. It got to the point I sent an angry text back and they took me off their list.

I think she is in trouble...and I think she is the cause of almost all of it. It is one thing to be unpolished, most people around here can ignore that. But when you get called out, then apologize, then the next day double down it will not go unnoticed. When you dont learn from your mistakes that will work against you as well. She is not ready for Prime Time and in truth unlike the rest of the Squad she really did seem to enjoy being in the spotlight more than she did being in Minnesota dealing with our issues.

If I was betting I would put her as a slight favorite now because she still has a demographic advantage in the district but if she loses she has no one to blame but herself. I was willing to look past her biases because I think she wants what is best for the people but most people (especially Jews) arent going to just look past her not so thinly veiled comments forever. If she survives the primary she will win the general and then she needs to take a hard look in the mirror. I am all for her trolling the racists, but not at the expense of your constituents and not just to make your star shine brightly. She is not AOC, she is never going to be AOC.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Since Tlaib got away with that wishy-washy word salad about how her people, the Palestinians, suffered and gave away their land to give the Jews a safe haven after the Holocaust, I'm pretty sure Omar is gonna survive.
                I wouldnt be so sure. There are a LOT of Jews in her district. St. Louis Park is part of her district and they are not supporting her now.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I wouldnt be so sure. There are a LOT of Jews in her district. St. Louis Park is part of her district and they are not supporting her now.
                  Welp, if she loses that's politics, Suzyn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want at least as many hard Lefties in Congress as there are hard Righties to balance the Overton Window. As of now we're about 100 shy. So I'm rooting for her, but if she shanks it I won't lose any sleep over it.
                  Cornell University

Comment

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-fight-393332

Senate Republicans have been forced into a defensive crouch as they head into the final weeks of their campaign to protect their endangered majority.

The party isplowing some $100 million — nearly all of its Senate war chest — into reelecting eight senators in tough races. The few GOP candidates with a shot at picking off a Democratic seat have been left to fend for themselves, with no significant air cover from the national party for now.

The GOP is still confident it will win back Jeff Sessions’ old seat in Alabama that Democrat Doug Jones won in 2017 a special election — and they’re spending to do so. But that’s the only offensive target where Republicans are currently engaged: The party, for instance, has no outside money invested in Michigan between now and Election Day despite Trump carrying the state in 2016 and the GOP touting its candidate, veteran and businessman John James.

Republicans were always going to be on defense this year, with twice as many GOP seats as Democratic ones on the ballot. But as the political environment has shifted away from the party in recent months, and Democratic challengers have raised eye-popping sums, it has made expanding their opportunities all but impossible.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I think handy said it best- Omar is her own trouble and she’s caused most, if not all of it herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I think handy said it best- Omar is her own trouble and she’s caused most, if not all of it herself.
                        While that may be true, there is a much quicker rush to demonize her for it because she's not Playing Along.

Voters always say they want someone who won't just roll logs with the old boys. Then they get one and they believe everything those old boys say to get her out. Seems pretty obvious that much of the out of state effort to unseat her has to do with her threat to their power.
                        Cornell University

Comment

While that may be true, there is a much quicker rush to demonize her for it because she's not Playing Along.

Voters always say they want someone who won't just roll logs with the old boys. Then they get one and they believe everything those old boys say to get her out. Seems pretty obvious that much of the out of state effort to unseat her has to do with her threat to their power.
                          Could be how others view it. I don’t think AOC plays along either but I love her. I think the way she messages resonates with me much more

Comment

Welp, if she loses that's politics, Suzyn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want at least as many hard Lefties in Congress as there are hard Righties to balance the Overton Window. As of now we're about 100 shy. So I'm rooting for her, but if she shanks it I won't lose any sleep over it.
                            Hey I still prefer her...I am just saying she dug her own grave if she loses. I hope she doesn't cause her opponent is underwhelming.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-11-2020, 02:59 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sorry that isn't true. She is getting ripped because she isn't doing her primary job...represent the 5th. She could get away with that elsewhere but that is a very active area (especially now with George Floyd) and she is seen by many as never being part of the discussion locally. They see her tweeting at Trump but never see her in their neighborhood talking about the issues. Like it or not that is a legit complaint. (And has bitten people before less divisive than her including GOPers) Progressives locally even take her to task for this stuff.

The haters hate her more because of who she is...but she isn't in trouble because she isnt moderate enough. If she was Walz wouldn't have endorsed her. You are just assuming as such because you like how Progressive she is.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I think her opponent kind of sucks...but I definitely smell fear in her campaign. She has sent me like 5 emails in the past 3 days and I have never signed up for her emails. She is also having her campaign text a lot lately which wouldnt annoy me except they are so disorganized and lazy that despite the fact that I have told them AT LEAST 4 TIMES they have the wrong name and gender (though they also text my correct name so they obviously dont do any actual research into the names they have) for my number which I have had since 2004 they never change it. It got to the point I sent an angry text back and they took me off their list.

I think she is in trouble...and I think she is the cause of almost all of it. It is one thing to be unpolished, most people around here can ignore that. But when you get called out, then apologize, then the next day double down it will not go unnoticed. When you dont learn from your mistakes that will work against you as well. She is not ready for Prime Time and in truth unlike the rest of the Squad she really did seem to enjoy being in the spotlight more than she did being in Minnesota dealing with our issues.

If I was betting I would put her as a slight favorite now because she still has a demographic advantage in the district but if she loses she has no one to blame but herself. I was willing to look past her biases because I think she wants what is best for the people but most people (especially Jews) arent going to just look past her not so thinly veiled comments forever. If she survives the primary she will win the general and then she needs to take a hard look in the mirror. I am all for her trolling the racists, but not at the expense of your constituents and not just to make your star shine brightly. She is not AOC, she is never going to be AOC.
                                This is a good analysis.

I tend to agree. She just doesn't seem cut out to be a politician. AOC is extremely bright and seems to understand the system she's working in (and more importantly, how to work it to her advantage and eventually break it). Omar probably could have spent more time in the MN Legislature.

There are times to throw bombs and times to sit down and work. People like Franken and AOC understood that. They seem to take more of the Pelosi approach than the Schumer approach. I can't believe Nancy hasn't politically knifed that idiot already.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X