Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

116th Congress: F-cker WAS Impeached. Still not enough.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psych View Post
    Looks like the Boston Globe endorsed Markey over Kennedy in the primary. Will that have any impact on Massachusetts voters? I feel like Markey is currently the better politician, but I know less about the politics of Massachusetts than I do Michigan’s.
    Nobody gives a rat's arse about a Globe endorsement otherwise Martha Coakley would be in the Senate or Governor (she lost both races).

Markey isn't a bad guy. He's just a dinosaur like Crowley, Engel, Capuano and any other old Dem with little to show for their time in office. Difference is unlike those people Markey has been in Congress since the Ford Administration! Kennedy is a hard worker. Good on constituent services. Wouldn't mind seeing someone new in this seat. Having said that the feeling is that Kennedy is up a little but nothing insurmountable and who knows who's going to show up and vote this year.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Nobody gives a rat's arse about a Globe endorsement otherwise Martha Coakley would be in the Senate or Governor (she lost both races).

Markey isn't a bad guy. He's just a dinosaur like Crowley, Engel, Capuano and any other old Dem with little to show for their time in office. Difference is unlike those people Markey has been in Congress since the Ford Administration! Kennedy is a hard worker. Good on constituent services. Wouldn't mind seeing someone new in this seat. Having said that the feeling is that Kennedy is up a little but nothing insurmountable and who knows who's going to show up and vote this year.
      Fair enough. I’ve wondered what made AOC and Warren endorse Markey, other than coauthoring the Green New Deal, but, that might be it. Will those endorsements have more sway on Massachusetts voters than a Globe endorsement? I read that Kennedy was up big early, but the gap is narrowing. Who is coming home to Markey?

Comment

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...274758144?s=19

"Rep. Devin Nunes declines to say whether he received foreign information meant to damage Joe Biden."
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post

Fair enough. I’ve wondered what made AOC and Warren endorse Markey, other than coauthoring the Green New Deal, but, that might be it. Will those endorsements have more sway on Massachusetts voters than a Globe endorsement? I read that Kennedy was up big early, but the gap is narrowing. Who is coming home to Markey?
          It may also be that JK3 is a moron. That family is declining in intellect with every generation. I think pretty much everybody except for creaky, on-the-take rentier Dems with summer homes on Martha's Vineyard are sick of the whole rancid clan. Teddy was the last one with even a smidgen of value and my god even he was borderline. They're veering towards Bush-level now. Dead scion walking.
          Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2020, 12:26 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What do Republicans talk about during a Pandemic?

https://www.startribune.com/budget-h...LLaKbr0PiOM_b0

WASHINGTON — GOP activists want to trigger a constitutional convention with the goal of enacting a federal balanced budget amendment, potentially requiring massive cuts to government spending.

Super said Walker, in his presentation, ignored the role the $2 trillion tax cut passed by a GOP-controlled Congress at the end of 2017 played in deepening federal deficits.

He also warned that convening a constitutional convention could have unintended consequences. He pointed to the 1787 convention that was called to amend the Articles of Confederation but resulted in a whole new national constitution.

“Once you have the convention, it is subject to nobody’s control,” Super said. “It makes its own agenda. It makes its own voting rules that decides how long it lasts and how far it goes.”

Arn Pearson, executive director of the progressive watchdog group Center for Media and Democracy, also warned that a so-called runaway convention could be called to consider one subject but then decide to make other big constitutional changes.

Republicans control 60 percent of the state legislative chambers, potentially giving them a numerical advantage in selecting who would be delegates.

“If their ploy succeeds, the field will be thrown wide open for constitutional rewrites,” Pearson said. “Right-wing mega donors will spend millions to advance a sweeping agenda to limit federal powers. It’s not going to be an exercise in popular democracy.”
            You cannot make this **** up.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              What do Republicans talk about during a Pandemic?

https://www.startribune.com/budget-h...LLaKbr0PiOM_b0

You cannot make this **** up.
              I know one solution:
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Eat. The. Rich.

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both. -- Louis Brandeis
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some interesting primaries today.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Sadly, Kobach fell in the primary. Arpaio is down like 1,000 votes in getting his job back in the GOP primary
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      For all the flap about Tlaib being in trouble, it appears she'll cruise to an easy MI-13 primary victory over the career Detroit pol and party operative she narrowly defeated in 2018.

Also, some former Bernie operative successfully primaried the Dem careerist in MO-1.

Comment

Yeah if you believe the "Dems Are in Disarray" stories in rags like Politico every member of the Squad is in trouble.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

For all the flap about Tlaib being in trouble, it appears she'll cruise to an easy MI-13 primary victory over the career Detroit pol and party operative she narrowly defeated in 2018.

Also, some former Bernie operative successfully primaried the Dem careerist in MO-1.
                          Today is the first time I noticed the morons talking proudly how they're voting for James. In an uncontested primary. I certainly hope he's ahead, then.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Today is the first time I noticed the morons talking proudly how they're voting for James. In an uncontested primary. I certainly hope he's ahead, then.
                            Yeah, the GOP apparatchiks and botskis were putting on a big social media show about voting for James today.

Comment

The Oakland County prosecutor that tossed a 15 year old black girl in Juvi for not doing her online homework just got the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                That was a great Justice Democrats win. That district contains Ferguson. The upset winner, Cori Bush, was a BLM protester. The careerist, William Lacy Lee, has held that seat, and his father before him, since before MLB had division.

Not the six divisions since 1994. The four divisions since 1969.

This is fascinating:

Clay, however, is not old (he just turned 64, a decade younger than Engel), white, or lazy. Clay did not remotely take Bush for granted, launching a full-scale negative campaign to try to take her down, and has been focused on her as a threat since her loss to him in 2018. He is a fixture of the community, and he and his father, Bill Clay Sr., a civil rights activist and co-founder of the Congressional Black Caucus, have continuously held the seat since the 1960s.

Clay’s defeat is also ominous for incumbent Democrats, as he was hammered at home by an outside, anti-monopoly group for his work with the financial industry to undo an Obama-era piece of Wall Street reform.

Justice Democrats spent roughly $200,000 in support of Bush, and Sunrise Movement, the youth climate group, was active on her behalf as well, as was Matriarch, a new organization that backs working class women running for office. “She ran on Defund the Police, the Green New Deal, and Medicare for All and defeated a multi-generational political dynasty who got too close to corporate donors and too far from the needs of his district,” said Evan Weber, political director of Sunrise.

Yet Ocasio-Cortez declined to endorse Bush in her second run, as did many of the progressive groups that make up the institutional left. Clay has played a leading role in casting Justice Democrats as flatly racist in its willingness to challenge members of the Congressional Black Caucus, and Ocasio-Cortez, as an incumbent, has been under intense pressure not to get behind primary challengers to her colleagues, and only backed Bowman after Engel’s hot-mic moment. No sitting member of the House backed Bush.

Jamaal Bowman, however, rallied for her.
                                The times, they are a-changing.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-05-2020, 01:56 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X