Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

116th Congress: F-cker WAS Impeached. Still not enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quorum is 51. Aren’t going to get all Dems plus GOP
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Oh Susan, are you concerned yet?

“JUST IN: President Trump on Friday targeted Republican Sen. Susan Collins amid her difficult reelection bid, complaining that she opposes his priorities and saying she isn’t “worth the work.”

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        This is what I think is going to be interesting over the next four years, and maybe even enjoyable for some of us. All of the little twitter intellectuals are going to have a decision to make come January. They can either go back to complete irrelevance and anonymity, as before, or they can pick a new target. Ego won't allow the former, so...

The Democrats have always been about 25 years behind the Republicans, but what's perplexing is, they insist on making the same mistakes. They have their own little tea party now that they'll pander to when they need votes, that they'll throw a couple of bones to, but that they'll insist stay in the cage until released, only to discover that at some point someone completely crazy will come along and temporarily become the face of your party.

Then, the country will throw them out and the Democrats can remake themselves as the Republicans are about to start doing now.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This is what I think is going to be interesting over the next four years, and maybe even enjoyable for some of us. All of the little twitter intellectuals are going to have a decision to make come January. They can either go back to complete irrelevance and anonymity, as before, or they can pick a new target. Ego won't allow the former, so...

The Democrats have always been about 25 years behind the Republicans, but what's perplexing is, they insist on making the same mistakes. They have their own little tea party now that they'll pander to when they need votes, that they'll throw a couple of bones to, but that they'll insist stay in the cage until released, only to discover that at some point someone completely crazy will come along and temporarily become the face of your party.

Then, the country will throw them out and the Democrats can remake themselves as the Republicans are about to start doing now.
          Sheesh, all that pontification from a single post suggesting that we should institute some limitations to keep fossils in both parties out of office. You're definitely worried about the day of reckoning that is coming for Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Sheesh, all that pontification from a single post suggesting that we should institute some limitations to keep fossils in both parties out of office. You're definitely worried about the day of reckoning that is coming for Republicans.
            It’s been a rough decade for white conservative men, have some sympathy.

he’s always correct you know. Just like real Americans are only rural and white, only people like hovey can tell you the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

he’s always correct you know. Just like real Americans are only rural and white, only people like hovey can tell you the truth
              They always lack balanced education, a variety of life experiences, and friendships with people outside of their own echo chamber. Even Scalia lost some of his ire after palling around with RBG for a couple decades.

Comment

• Donald May change his mind on Susan when he hears this

https://mobile.***********/nathanTbe...20132884422656

Comment

It's never been a rough decade for white conservative men. We have all the money.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Donald May change his mind on Susan when he hears this

https://mobile.***********/nathanTbe...20132884422656
                    Im sure she looked into their heart and knows they don't truly believe any of that...though it is concerning.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Im sure she looked into their heart and knows they don't truly believe any of that...though it is concerning.
                      The good thing is I don't think John Martin will ever lose. The guy has been in the Maine legislature for like 50 years, bouncing between the house and senate (he's limited to a number of consecutive terms in one seat, but by switching between the house and senate he can serve indefinitely). He's a famous critic of term limits (obviously), but he says once Maine enacted its form of term limits we lost a ton of institutional knowledge in the legislature and ended up with a bunch of people that don't know how to write legislation and instead rely on lobbyists to write it for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        he says once Maine enacted its form of term limits we lost a ton of institutional knowledge in the legislature and ended up with a bunch of people that don't know how to write legislation and instead rely on lobbyists to write it for them.
                        Even though that is self-serving it's true. Term limits strengthen lobbyists.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• OK, here is my first attempt at piecing together predicted flips in House based on 538 data. All the data is there though they don't flag the flips, unfortunately, so I may mess something up.

Dem flips (4):

.52 VA-05 Webb-D > Good-R
                          .56 CA-25 Smith-D > Garcia-Ri
                          .60 NY-02 Gordon-D > Garbarino-R
                          .75 TX-23 Jones-D > Gonzales-R

GOP flips (1):

.69 MN-07 Peterson-Di < Fischbach-R (What happened here? Dead girl or live boy?)

Other possible (> 35%)

9 Dem possible flips
                          2 GOP possible flips
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            OK, here is my first attempt at piecing together predicted flips in House based on 538 data. All the data is there though they don't flag the flips, unfortunately, so I may mess something up.

Dem flips (4):

GOP flips (1):

.69 MN-07 Peterson-Di < Fischbach-R (What happened here? Dead girl or live boy?)

Other possible (> 35%)

9 Dem possible flips
                            2 GOP possible flips
                            Yeah they do a great job with the totals there, but could do a slightly better job outlining the changes in party. But it forecasts Dems going from 233 to 237 so your picks look correct.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

There is a non-trivial chance both GA Senate races could go to run-offs.
                              And who the hell knows what the world will be like in early December? Will Trump lose, and if he does lose, how badly, and how toxically (sp?) will he react if he does? Will it further damage the GOP and will the GOP candidates in the runoff have to run away from it even further? And moreso if both races go to the runoff. Could be even crazier....

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

OK, here is my first attempt at piecing together predicted flips in House based on 538 data. All the data is there though they don't flag the flips, unfortunately, so I may mess something up.

Dem flips (4):

GOP flips (1):

Other possible (> 35%)

9 Dem possible flips
                                2 GOP possible flips
                                MN-07 is a R+12 district (Trump won 61-31 in '16). Peterson's been surviving because no GOPer worth a crap had run until now
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X