X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I've seen a very small number of people suggest "by whatever means necessary" to keep him out of office. I'm very much not there, but I'll be honest, I don't trust this country to do the right thing.

in particular, I'm very worried about the left in this country staying home because they didn't get everything on their wish list. And it's reflected in the really **** polls for Biden both in terms of approval and 2024 head-to-heads.

I know you don't put much faith into the polls, but I still think they provide useful information and it's not where I'd like it.

Anyways, if Trump does get elected, the world is in for a very, very dark period.
    I don't need polls to know the Left is about 1 minute away from killing all of this because of the White Guilt and (no longer) hidden Antisemitism. (Though they couch it in pretending to care about Muslims) I never feared the future until October 7th...that was when I saw how the Zoomers feel about me.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Nazis marching in Madison chanting “there will be blood” not comforting eh
    Maybe they just really liked the movie?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    If **** goes south, going north may not be an option.

Canadians may not be so happy to have an influx of refugees.
    Nazis marching in Madison chanting “there will be blood” not comforting eh

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied

I've seen a very small number of people suggest "by whatever means necessary" to keep him out of office. I'm very much not there, but I'll be honest, I don't trust this country to do the right thing.

in particular, I'm very worried about the left in this country staying home because they didn't get everything on their wish list. And it's reflected in the really **** polls for Biden both in terms of approval and 2024 head-to-heads.

I know you don't put much faith into the polls, but I still think they provide useful information and it's not where I'd like it.

Anyways, if Trump does get elected, the world is in for a very, very dark period.
    Too many on the left are confused. Too many won't accept the fact that the other side is willing to use violence to get their way, wants to use violence to get their way, and WILL use violence to get their way. They still cling to the notion that at the end of the day there are enough people out there -- as Biden believes -- who can be reasoned with and can find a way to accept things they don't like. Yeah there are some on the right who are not violent fascists, but they are overwhelmed by the ones who are. And those people can and will have an outsized influence. The squeaky wheels get the grease after all.

It's impossible to predict in November of 2023 what the idiot American electorate will do in November of 2024. But one thing to me is screaming very loudly that we are fooked, and that is how it isn't just the RWNJs who are not tethered to reality. By any fair measure, Biden has been an effective and successful president. Yet his "approval ratings" keep cratering. That's not just republicans people. Our electorate is LAZY. The mainstream media is concerned 1st, 2nd and last with ratings. Somewhere in there, maybe about concern number 12,334 is something about reporting the truth. So all most people see is "things suck, Biden is super unpopular, and trump is way out in front." After a while, that narrative simply becomes reality for enough people. It happened in 2016.

Those of us here who are paying attention are the extreme outliers. Most people are only going to wake up when extreme things happen. Its too bad tens of millions of people had to die and and we nearly wiped the Jewish people off the face of the Earth in the 1930s and 1940s. My guess is 80 years later we're inching closer and closer to that again. So I for one am completely in the "by whatever means necessary" camp. 100%

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    If **** goes south, going north may not be an option.

Canadians may not be so happy to have an influx of refugees.
    Not exactly poor refugees. We could pay for our Canadian healthcare. I bet you could, too.

Considering what parts of the world have pretty open access to Canada, I think they would welcome Americans with just a bunch more paperwork.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X