This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    If Dump gets the nom then every Republican falls in behind him lock step.
    100%. Where was Dump polling in March ‘15? And yet he still ran away with it. He has a huge head start this time and a zombie cult behind him. No other Republican has a shot - they’re only in the race to a) position to get something in exchange for dropping out, b) as a job interview for Fox News, or c) crossing their fingers that Dump has a stroke or worse before Nov 2024.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Is anybody even pretending that isn't the case though? That has nothing to do with Trump though they will get behind anyone who wins. The problem they have is they have no one who can except him so he will walk away with it and not break a sweat. I am fine with that. I want them to run his fat azz every election until he dies. I want Kai Lake to be the template for where their party is going.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Is anybody even pretending that isn't the case though? That has nothing to do with Trump though they will get behind anyone who wins. The problem they have is they have no one who can except him so he will walk away with it and not break a sweat. I am fine with that. I want them to run his fat azz every election until he dies. I want Kai Lake to be the template for where their party is going.
        Seems logical to me. It appears the Dump/Lake candidacies will lose more of the purple vote. Most of us want the margin to widen sooner or later, but for now that is where the games can be won.

Comment

• Is Lake the front runner to be Dump's swill swallower?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is Lake the front runner to be Dump's swill swallower?
            I have to think so. She is the only one they trust and she has no real future anywhere else. If she had just shut up and taken her loss she might have had a shot in AZ but barring a demo shift Maricopa is dead to her now which means so is her shot at Governor. She is the new Palin...she will lose as VP and turn it into a career as a celebutant.

BTW the GOP reaction to this possible indictment is why you never let the smart people leave the party. This was (another) chance for them to back away from Trump quietly and let him and his people die off without incident. Hell if you play it right you probably can even revive the "Party of Law and Order" BS which no one buys anymore. When people like Rand Paul are saying that the DA should be arrested for this...well that is just not a good look. I will admit though, seeing Tucker cry and whine that we should not fantasize about locking up our enemies is delicious!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I have to think so. She is the only one they trust and she has no real future anywhere else. If she had just shut up and taken her loss she might have had a shot in AZ but barring a demo shift Maricopa is dead to her now which means so is her shot at Governor. She is the new Palin...she will lose as VP and turn it into a career as a celebutant.

BTW the GOP reaction to this possible indictment is why you never let the smart people leave the party. This was (another) chance for them to back away from Trump quietly and let him and his people die off without incident. Hell if you play it right you probably can even revive the "Party of Law and Order" BS which no one buys anymore. When people like Rand Paul are saying that the DA should be arrested for this...well that is just not a good look. I will admit though, seeing Tucker cry and whine that we should not fantasize about locking up our enemies is delicious!
              Aren't these the same fetishist's that reached climax every time "lock her up" was chanted during their convention?

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Aren't these the same fetishist's that reached climax every time "lock her up" was chanted during their convention?
                Yup...Twitter had a lot of fun with that yesterday :^)
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I mean, the shirt fits. He knows that he needs help with suburban women and he sees her as the spitting image of one. And just like him, she's an attention whore and a loser who insists she's a winner.

Nimrata ain't getting it, or anything in a second Trump admin; she's fishing for a book deal and/or a talking head gig by posturing herself as a voice of reason. Noem came roaring onto the national stage as the DeSantis of the Plains, but her profile has since faded somewhat despite a resounding re-election in which she quietly gained 11 points over her 2018 results. South Dakota is just too small, too white, and electorally irrelevant for her to maintain major media attention. She doesn't have the knack for soundbites and camera presence that Lake naturally has as an ex-journo turned conspiracy pimp and provocateur. Or at least, Noem doesn't seek those opportunities out.

Trump is not smart, he will be drawn to his fellow megalomaniacal nutjob whom he will admire as a "fighter". Lake lives in an actual swing state and loves media air time, regardless of the fact that she herself lost a close election there in large part due to her *ahem* charming personality. Plus, given that she rose in the TV journalist ranks during the 90s, she presumably knows how to fall in line, schmooze male bosses, and cheerlead like she's told.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-22-2023, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• How does the all-important money factor play out, given the '22 results and Dump's many legal problems? Despite what his (and Lake's) hardcore followers think and their minimum donations buy, if the big donors shy away from Dump it seems like his candidacy is not likely to get off the ground. He still has sizeable leverage through the votes his rabid base represents, but will that translate to big time money as well?

I guess I'm wondering if there's a meaningful "purple money" dynamic.
                    Last edited by burd; 03-22-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Those big donors will dump ****loads into the primary, will then see it go up in smoke as Trump cruises to the nomination, and mostly line up behind him. Some pie better than no pie, and they've no shame whatsoever.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by kepler View Post
                        is lake the front runner to be dump's swill swallower?
                        mtg.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

mtg.
                          As funny as that would be, I can't see it happening.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She exhibits the #1 and only characteristic required: 100% unquestioned fealty to Trump at all cost. If you won’t go to jail for him, he’s not interested.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• He needs a useful idiot as a running mate. Lake, MTG, Nimrata, and Noem have agendas. DeSantis, if he kept his mouth shut, could have been VP but got greedy.

It's gonna be a red state governor who has been silent.

Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, or Montana would be my guesses.

I would also guess Ivanka would be a candidate as well.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                He needs a useful idiot as a running mate. Lake, MTG, Nimrata, and Noem have agendas. DeSantis, if he kept his mouth shut, could have been VP but got greedy.

It's gonna be a red state governor who has been silent.

Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, or Montana would be my guesses.

I would also guess Ivanka would be a candidate as well.
                                Kim Reynolds from Iowa. Failed upwards riding on Branstache's coattails. Dumber than a box of rocks, will do whatever the powers that be tell her.

Comment

Working...
                                X