This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Can you cite decisions or other evidence before her appointment which show she was ethically unfit?
    I wouldn't hold your breathe ;^)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

She's a Republican. That's evidence enough these days.
      Even though we feel the same way about trump and most republicans, Handy has a problem with literally everything I post so he chooses to be contrary, but I didn't know Burd did as well.

I will say that I won't go so far as to just say "she's a republican." But once anyone reads what she has written in the trump case it is clear she lacks judgment and ethics. Her rulings are wholly politicicized. A person in her position should be above reproach when it comes to their duties on the bench. I'm not the only one, and certainly not the most informed one, who has questioned not just the way she has ruled, but that her legal opinions have little basis in case law. I am too far over the top in plenty of my posts, but saying this woman lacks the ethics to serve in the position in which she was given a lifetime appointment is not one of them.

Comment

• I'm comfortable saying that most Republicans today are hypocrites who lack ethics. They are pro-birth, but anti-life. They are pro-woo/wackadoodle and anti-science. They excuse mistakes made by men, but are quick to punish mistakes made by women. They accuse the left of doing everything they do (indoctrinating, grooming, racism, nepotism/political favoritism). They hate all secular education. They supposedly love Jesus, but prefer violence and retribution to turning the other cheek and don't want to actually help the poor.

Comment

I'm comfortable saying that most Republicans today are hypocrites who lack ethics. They are pro-birth, but anti-life. They are pro-woo/wackadoodle and anti-science. They excuse mistakes made by men, but are quick to punish mistakes made by women. They accuse the left of doing everything they do (indoctrinating, grooming, racism, nepotism/political favoritism). They hate all secular education. They supposedly love Jesus, but prefer violence and retribution to turning the other cheek and don't want to actually help the poor.
          They have really gone out of their way to make voting easy. I used to actually read the opinions for the voting guides just to make sure- even though I always ended up voting D. Now, though, nothing R's say have any significant value in terms of truth or actual policy- so there's no point in actually voting for them.

It was sad to see the r ads in Ohio, bringing up their race baiting immigration crap and well as pretending to care for spending and a deficit. Same old same old, and people some how eat it up when the ONLY promise kept was cutting taxes for the rich.

Heck, even one lambasted Biden for not finishing the wall when the reality is that dumpy and his cronies have been taking money from their worshipers that donated to have the wall made. But given the last couple of decades, not all that shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Even though we feel the same way about trump and most republicans, Handy has a problem with literally everything I post so he chooses to be contrary, but I didn't know Burd did as well.

I will say that I won't go so far as to just say "she's a republican." But once anyone reads what she has written in the trump case it is clear she lacks judgment and ethics. Her rulings are wholly politicicized. A person in her position should be above reproach when it comes to their duties on the bench. I'm not the only one, and certainly not the most informed one, who has questioned not just the way she has ruled, but that her legal opinions have little basis in case law. I am too far over the top in plenty of my posts, but saying this woman lacks the ethics to serve in the position in which she was given a lifetime appointment is not one of them.
            Maybe I wouldn't have a problem with everything you post if it didn't sound like the ravings of the crazies on the other side. We may be on the same side of an issue (almost all issues I'm sure) but you are getting out there with your rhetoric and I'm not going to ignore that just cause we are both liberals.
            Last edited by Handyman; 10-01-2022, 04:09 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm comfortable saying that most Republicans today are hypocrites who lack ethics. They are pro-birth, but anti-life. They are pro-woo/wackadoodle and anti-science. They excuse mistakes made by men, but are quick to punish mistakes made by women. They accuse the left of doing everything they do (indoctrinating, grooming, racism, nepotism/political favoritism). They hate all secular education. They supposedly love Jesus, but prefer violence and retribution to turning the other cheek and don't want to actually help the poor.
              That doesn't answer burds question though.

It's not like it is an either or thing. She can be a complete crackpot but still have the qualifications to be a judge. The opposite is true as well...

Put another way...she isn't a bad judge cause she is unqualified she is a bad judge because she appears to let her crackpot bias take precedence over the actual law. That is why no one outside maybe Alan Dershowitz thinks her rulings make any sense no matter where they fall on the spectrum.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/...7JRS0QjYg&s=19

Strong argument.

DOJ asks 11th Circuit for expedited review to quash Judge Cannon's exercise of jurisdiction/order.

Reason: USG needs access to 11,000 docs to figure out how the classified records were transferred, stored, and who accessed them.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm figuring that reasoning is mostly bull****, but I'm perfectly fine with it. The less Donnie keeps getting coddled on this where you and I would be in jail from day one still awaiting bail, the better.

Lock him up.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• He packed the boxes himself.

did he think no one would ever find out documents were missing?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...MNqOX56L9cpEYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      He packed the boxes himself.

Also: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...vhdeHR2Aw&s=19

Breaking WaPo: Trump asked one of his lawyers to tell the National Archives in early 2022 that Trump had returned all materials requested by the agency, but the lawyer declined because he wasn't sure the statement was true.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        He packed the boxes himself.

It's easy to lose track sometimes just how egocentric a thinker he is. We see him as a disabled thinker, but he sees himself as the sun around which it all revolves.

Comment

• Well, given his girth, it’s not shocking that some small planets revolve around him

Comment

• Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Trump, unhappy how his federal trial is shaking out, has asked SCOTUS to intervene on his behalf.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Trump, unhappy how his federal trial is shaking out, has asked SCOTUS to intervene on his behalf.
                                He's claiming that the circuit court that covers the court that ruled for him does not have jurisdiction to overrule it. How, exactly?

(ok, I'm hearing about it as I type- the question is if the decision was appealable, which the 11th court already said it was.

This will be interesting how it comes down.

Stalling some more

Comment

Working...
                                X