This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    As a Holiday Inn enjoyer I don't see this amounting to anything other than a fine and Trump needing to control his (overvalued) assets via a seperate holding company. The Trump family won't have direct control, but in reality they will because capitalism.
    The only significant thing I see is tax fraud, if they can prove it. It did take Capone down. But I’m quite sure that beyond the “everyone does it” there will be faux telling the world how clever dumpy was to break the law like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The only significant thing I see is tax fraud, if they can prove it. It did take Capone down. But I’m quite sure that beyond the “everyone does it” there will be faux telling the world how clever dumpy was to break the law like that.
      Tax fraud, loan fraud, insurance fraud, maybe securities fraud?

Madoff went to prison. Can I hope?

Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2022, 11:19 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
        As a Holiday Inn enjoyer I don't see this amounting to anything other than a fine and Trump needing to control his (overvalued) assets via a seperate holding company. The Trump family won't have direct control, but in reality they will because capitalism.
        As a fellow Holiday Inn fan I will say it will all depend on what they can prove but it wouldn't surprise me if they all cut deals and just got out of the company. They have better grifts these days that require almost no work. Fleecing the MAGAts is such an easy way to make millions...

Kepler,

He avoided dealing with stuff like this cause he was a ****ing snitch. He was a confidential informant for years if some former DOJ types are to be believed. He was basically the Manhattan version of Whitey Bulger.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

As a fellow Holiday Inn fan I will say it will all depend on what they can prove but it wouldn't surprise me if they all cut deals and just got out of the company. They have better grifts these days that require almost no work. Fleecing the MAGAts is such an easy way to make millions...

Kepler,

He avoided dealing with stuff like this cause he was a ****ing snitch. He was a confidential informant for years if some former DOJ types are to be believed. He was basically the Manhattan version of Whitey Bulger.
          Oh. That makes sense. "I know I squealer when I see one, and that..."
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/stat...13457312096256

Poor Tiffany Trump. She can't even be let in on the family fraud.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...27836833349632

!! Tish James says Trump tax records seized by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago may have been concealed from her investigators.
              The raid that keeps on giving!

Also it seems Trump tried to settle and the AG told him to pound sand. Alvin Bragg is being neutered all over the place for dropping the criminal case earlier this year to the point that he felt the need to tweet it was still ongoing...
              Last edited by Handyman; 09-21-2022, 02:15 PM.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I hope the punishment is death by AR-15 firing squad. It should be.
                Better if it were death by firing squad by a nearly blind guy with a single shot 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Tax fraud, loan fraud, insurance fraud, maybe securities fraud?

Madoff went to prison. Can I hope?

It's a fascinating complaint to read. It's long, stretching to over 220 pages, but has lot's of interesting details in it.

One thing that is interesting is the nature of the fraud complaint, at least as described in the first quarter of the complaint.

When people think of fraud, people tend to think of things like the Madoff example. Madoff makes false statements, provides false documents, etc..., and as part of that he lines his own pockets with other people's money, and his investors basically lose everything they invested.

The AG seems to be saying that is not the same case here. This is not necessarily a case where any individuals or businesses or banks were harmed. To the contrary, it appears that in an effort to dodge this complaint, most of the loans and other lenders have been paid.

The basic claim of the AG is this: Trump prepared false financial statements by grossly inflating the values of property, used the financial statements to get big loans, then financially benefited from those loans. The AG acknowledges that the banks were all paid back. It is the AG's position that under NY fraud law, you don't need someone harmed by the false statements. It's enough that you benefited financially from those false statements.

I think that's very interesting. It's almost a victimless crime, but one by which Trump clearly benefited.

I haven't had time to read the last three quarters of the complaint, so I'm curious to see what the rest of the allegations are, including things like the tax fraud.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• The plute benefits from lying. Something that I/or you could benefit from and cannot. That's a crime. That should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. White Collar crime is sorely under funded for prosecution.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The plute benefits from lying. Something that I/or you could benefit from and cannot. That's a crime. That should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. White Collar crime is sorely under funded for prosecution.
                      By design. The rich write the laws and they influence every step of enforcement. They escape prosecution by hiring the best lawyers and exploiting all the hurdles in the law they put there for that very purpose.

This is not democracy. Feudalism never really ended, it just got a facelift.

Once there is no difference in outcome of legal processes for rich or poor, that will be a giant leap towards a just society. Rawls' Veil of Ignorance.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2022, 03:21 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Yeah Hovey, next time you go applying for a mortgage, you lie about your finances. See what happens.

Weren't you guys all up in arms back during the big collapse of 2008 cause a bunch of people who weren't qualified to get loans to buy houses the size they were, were gaming the system to get them, and the banks going along willingly? Weren't you guys blaming the collapse of the entire global economy on people like them?

Just "victimless crimes".

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Yeah Hovey, next time you go applying for a mortgage, you lie about your finances. See what happens.

Weren't you guys all up in arms back during the big collapse of 2008 cause a bunch of people who weren't qualified to get loans to buy houses the size they were, were gaming the system to get them, and the banks going along willingly? Weren't you guys blaming the collapse of the entire global economy on people like them?

Just "victimless crimes".
                          Yep. For some reason them lying is BAD, Trump lying is GOOD. That's how the "right" brain functions on all things like this and that's why they need to be eradicated.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• It is technically victimless because the victims were made whole without even knowing they were being victimized.

But it's still fraud.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Newsmax Legal Analyst Alan Dershowitz: “Who were the people defrauded here? The biggest banks in the world. Why can’t they sue and take care of it themselves? Why does Letitia James have to be out there protecting and defending the biggest banks in the country?”
                              https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...82391692668929

He's first on the eradication list. AGAIN. Trump benefits from what happened and I can't do that. That's BS and it needs to be prosecuted. The banks won't do it cause they're in on the grift.

Comment

The banks won't do it cause they're in on the grift.
                                Wasn't it reported that Deutsche Bank quietly wrote off a loss on one of Trumps accounts because they didn't want to be tangled up in his finances a few years back? (Approximately when this was coming to light).
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X