This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    It is the implied message that is same -- Do not trust what you read in the mainstream media.
    #NotAllMediaIsBad

I gotta stand up for the actual journalists here. There is good journalism being done by the "mainstream media." The problem you have is with talking head panelists who do editorials and opinion pieces that you mistake for "mainstream media."

Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Reilly, Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, et al. Those are entertainers who discus news topics and interject opinion into it.

You, hell, we all, need to do better in saying no to the bull**** entertainment and yes to actual journalism.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sure.

I don't claim that the motive or methods of MAGA/Trump are identical with those of people here, like Handy and Kep. Also, I don't claim that Handy or Kep advocate for hanging journalists.

It is the implied message that is same -- Do not trust what you read in the mainstream media.
      You're admitting it's not the same thing while still trying to squeeze in a gotcha of, "It's all the same". The "implied message" would only be the same if you're not paying attention.

Comment

• Well this thread has been busy...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• No. The messages are these:

The Right: Don't trust the media, they lie. They're corrupt, and should be imprisoned.

The Left: Media, do a better job.

That you don't see that is the problem. But you're a good little German. I'm sure our fascist overlords will treat you specifically, kindly.
          Last edited by rufus; 02-14-2022, 12:34 PM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• So dumps accounting firm is now saying a decade worth of financial statements can no longer be relied upon? Seems no bueno, esp if he owes you money

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              So dumps accounting firm is now saying a decade worth of financial statements can no longer be relied upon? Seems no bueno, esp if he owes you money
              Another block pulled from the Jenga tower......

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sure.

I don't claim that the motive or methods of MAGA/Trump are identical with those of people here, like Handy and Kep. Also, I don't claim that Handy or Kep advocate for hanging journalists.

You can trust mainstream media to be factually correct the vast majority of the time. You just have to watch out for things they leave out.

As compared to any right wing media, which outright lies non stop.

So no, the implied message isn't the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I have a soft spot for Libertarians because I was a young STEMLORD once myself. I believe they have the power to evolve into human beings. They have good logical skills. They just have to realize that logical positivism was buried with its own contradictions 72 years ago when Quine published The Two Dogmas of Empiricism in 1950.
                  It’s too bad rich white folks from the Northeast ever think libertarianism is the way to go. Us down-to-earth Midwestern folk are smart enough- logical enough, if you will- to vote Democrat from day one.
                  Maybe you can develop some kind of training program for these young, haughty elitist STEMlords to go from being ineffective dipsh-ts to functioning members of society.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

It’s too bad rich white folks from the Northeast ever think libertarianism is the way to go. Us down-to-earth Midwestern folk are smart enough- logical enough, if you will- to vote Democrat from day one.
                    Maybe you can develop some kind of training program for these young, haughty elitist STEMlords to go from being ineffective dipsh-ts to functioning members of society.
                    Sounds like you should develop it. (1) You're a People Of The Land with a natural goodness from your god-fearing sod busting. (2) Your name is psych.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sounds like you should develop it. (1) You're a People Of The Land with a natural goodness from your god-fearing sod busting. (2) Your name is psych.
                      Tennessee is not the Midwest, but there are people like that in the midwest for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

You are?

News to me.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Tennessee is not the Midwest
                          The Midwest is anything not touching an ocean, the Gulf, or a Great Lake.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, etc. All states that touch the Great lakes and are the very definition of Midwest are not Midwest.

God you are one elitist ******* aren't you.
                            Your take is so bad I think it gave me cancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                              So Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, etc. All states that touch the Great lakes and are the very definition of Midwest are not Midwest.
                              You convinced me. Nix the Great Lakes. You guys all make the cut.
                              Cornell University

Comment

You convinced me. Nix the Great Lakes. You guys all make the cut.
                                I say this as someone who commonly agrees with you:

You have your head shoved so far up your *** that the lump in your throat is your ****ing nose.

Comment

Working...
                                X