This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    The New York Times has zero credibility. I'm not saying everything they print is incorrect or lacks fact-checking. Probably most of it is reasonably accurate. But anyone who reads anything in the Times without eyeing another source for confirmation on a topic is just asking to be mis-informed (or lied to). I do think Haberman's conflicts (and potential conflicts) of interest are numerous. She should be avoided at all costs. While it is interesting and funny to read that trump was flushing more than just his stool down White House toilets, in the end did anyone really need to read that to know he was violating all sorts of record keeping laws? Not likely.
    Apparently yes. Because he's NOT IN JAIL YET. I would be in jail. You would be in jail.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      The New York Times has zero credibility.
      And also more credibility than any other newspaper.

The NYT is the news my parents want to hear, in the same way that Fox News is the news Cletus and Brandine want to hear and Jacobin is the news I want to hear. None of these entities stay in business by violating the Weltanschauung of their subscribers. They are not information, they are lullabies.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Even if that is true I also don't blame them given the actual likely cause - MAGAs and their predecessors have had a full-on assault of the profession for years.
        Well, in the last 5-6 years, the people who I have heard complaining the most about mainstream media have been Donald Trump and posters on this board.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Well, in the last 5-6 years, the people who I have heard complaining the most about mainstream media have been Donald Trump and posters on this board.
          Those complaining on this board haven't been nearly as vocal nor threatening as the MAGAs and you know this.

Comment

• Wait, is Hovey saying that MAGA doesn't whine and complain about the media? The same MAGA who ditched Faux for saying Trump lost Arizona? The same MAGA who threatened the press from all mainstream outlets at rallies?

That is an interesting take...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Those complaining on this board haven't been nearly as vocal nor threatening as the MAGAs and you know this.
              He’s forgetting all the people with the noose T-shirt’s at the maga rallies

Comment

• Hilary Clinton with the A+ troll job of Trump
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Hilary Clinton with the A+ troll job of Trump
                  The one with the but her emails hat?

Guh. Read the room, Hill.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Wait, is Hovey saying that MAGA doesn't whine and complain about the media? The same MAGA who ditched Faux for saying Trump lost Arizona? The same MAGA who threatened the press from all mainstream outlets at rallies?

And I can't recall the last time the libbies grabbed media gear, threw it all in a pile, and set fire to it.

Then again, I don't try to "both sides" everything.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The one with the but her emails hat?

Guh. Read the room, Hill.
                      She is...people love it. Which is weird cause well people tend to hate her every time she shows up randomly.

A friend sent me this: https://twitter.com/trom771/status/1491845934229172226

The fact that he was flushing documents down the toilet in a house that literally has 28 fireplaces should prove that he's not fit for office.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The best thing Hillary can do for her country is never appear in public again. Have her fundraisers with her people. But stay out of the limelight. I'm Democratic through and through but I can't see her without projectile vomiting. Everybody else other than Clintonistas have either moved beyond her or will always despise her. She is toxic. It doesn't matter if it's fair, it is the fact which matters.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• To burn something, first you have to know how to start a fire.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Hey I am not advocating for her to be in public...she is part of why we are here. I am just saying everyone is enjoying the laugh she is having about it.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Wait, is Hovey saying that MAGA doesn't whine and complain about the media? The same MAGA who ditched Faux for saying Trump lost Arizona? The same MAGA who threatened the press from all mainstream outlets at rallies?

My post didn't say that at all. In fact, Trump and his followers whine all the time about the mainstream media and "fake news." I just find it amusing that other than Trump and his followers, the people that I hear complaining about the mainstream media the most are you guys.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Giving off the same energy as this clip Hovey....

https://youtu.be/fydle4oRb_8
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X