X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

IRV solves this.
    It definitely isn't a magic bullet, but I think it gets around the kind of outdated "first passed the post" thing.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Maggie Haberman held back reporting on Trump continuing communication with Kim Jong Un after he left office and that classified documents were attempted to be flushed down the toilet, so she could save it for her book.

Despite having knowledge that he has been breaking records laws, she also managed to tip toe around that fact a couple days ago when the archivists had to go to Mar A Lago to retrieve items.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Maggie Haberman held back reporting on Trump continuing communication with Kim Jong Un after he left office and that classified documents were attempted to be flushed down the toilet, so she could save it for her book.

Despite having knowledge that he has been breaking records laws, she also managed to tip toe around that fact a couple days ago when the archivists had to go to Mar A Lago to retrieve items.
        Where in the world are all of the posters who were so concerned about Secretary Clintons e-mail server??? We have an actual breakage of a real law here, not a potential leak. You'd think that people who were so concerned about a possible security risk would be all over an actual breach of security that was also breaking the law. Especially since the law can't be waved over since he was no longer President.

Where are all of those people? Sic- we are counting on you here. Hovey- you were so concerned way back when, and now you are ok with this??? What happened? I would have at least expected some kind of a post pointing out a wrong doing. A real one instead of a potential one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Where are all of those people? Sic- we are counting on you here. Hovey- you were so concerned way back when, and now you are ok with this?
          I was concerned about her emails??
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I was concerned about her emails??
            Are you really suggesting that you didn't bring it up? Interesting.

Comment

• Never ask a conservative to hold himself accountable. If he could he wouldn't be a conservative.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Are you really suggesting that you didn't bring it up? Interesting.
                Well, you're asking me to remember all of my posts from what would have been almost five and a half or six years ago, which I can't claim to do. However, I claim no expertise in security issues, emails or otherwise. I certainly don't recall expressing any opinions here, or anywhere else for that matter, on security issues related to her emails.

I was pretty clear back then that I wasn't going to vote for Clinton, and vote third party instead, primarily because I was simply tired of the Clintons and their whole entourage of people associated with them, and that there was too much dissembling when they were involved.

As it is, I don't believe that it's good, from a security standpoint, that Trump or his people have held onto government documents. So, if I did express concern about her emails (about which I have no recollection) then I express the same concern for these documents.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I honestly don't think Hovey talked about her emails. I think he agreed with Sic about a lot of his "concerns" but never condemned her email server or the faux outrage over it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Maggie Haberman held back reporting on Trump continuing communication with Kim Jong Un after he left office and that classified documents were attempted to be flushed down the toilet, so she could save it for her book.

Of course she did...her family is in bed with the Kushners and I believe Trump. (her mother's firm) She got very upset when the Mar-a-Lago story broke because people realized she knew about it (and the other stuff in her book) and yet nothing was ever put in print about it. She got so defensive she basically resorted to "Twitter isn't in charge of what is printed by the news" as if the NYT wouldn't have made this a big deal about anyone else.

When history is written Jefferey Zucker and MAGA Haberman are going to be studied as the ultimate collaborators in the death knell of American Democracy. Even if things don't go south they are at best enablers to a rise in Nationalism and Jingoism that will leave a permanent scar and lead to the further dissolving of political discourse in this country. Zuckers CNN and the NYTs can eat a bag of dicks.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Of course she did...her family is in bed with the Kushners and I believe Trump. (her mother's firm) She got very upset when the Mar-a-Lago story broke because people realized she knew about it (and the other stuff in her book) and yet nothing was ever put in print about it. She got so defensive she basically resorted to "Twitter isn't in charge of what is printed by the news" as if the NYT wouldn't have made this a big deal about anyone else.

When history is written Jefferey Zucker and MAGA Haberman are going to be studied as the ultimate collaborators in the death knell of American Democracy. Even if things don't go south they are at best enablers to a rise in Nationalism and Jingoism that will leave a permanent scar and lead to the further dissolving of political discourse in this country. Zuckers CNN and the NYTs can eat a bag of dicks.
                      Fewer and fewer journalists get into journalism, or stay in journalism, just to be a journalist. The question now is how can they monetize their access, their writing skills, their insider knowledge, etc..., through their online presence, through a book, through a tv gig, or whatever.

I don't really blame them given the minuscule wages many of them have worked for in their careers. But more and more the stuff they put out there is just a teaser for the coming book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

" as if the NYT wouldn't have made this a big deal about anyone else.
                        Absolutely true. But no matter what Donnie does, our so-called liberal media can't seem to bring themselves to call it what it is.

It’s also somewhat illuminating to visit The New York Times webpage on the morning after they reported that Trump illegally held onto classified information. Because a quick Where’s Waldo of that page would find … no Waldo. To be fair, the story does get one small headline far down the screen below reporting on the latest Olympics, a piece about worn-down pharmacists, and the “real cost of cheap chicken.” To be even more fair, the day after it learned that some of Hillary Clinton’s emails might be found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop, every single inch went to that one story.

And I read somewhere, in the NYT article about Donnie flushing paper, the reporter described it as "another lapse in how Trump handled documents" or some such chit.
                        Last edited by rufus; 02-10-2022, 12:26 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Fewer and fewer journalists get into journalism, or stay in journalism, just to be a journalist. The question now is how can they monetize their access, their writing skills, their insider knowledge, etc..., through their online presence, through a book, through a tv gig, or whatever.

I don't really blame them given the minuscule wages many of them have worked for in their careers. But more and more the stuff they put out there is just a teaser for the coming book.
                          Even if that is true I also don't blame them given the actual likely cause - MAGAs and their predecessors have had a full-on assault of the profession for years.

Comment

At some point, we need to get over this BS- this has been true since the dawn of journalism. If you don't sell papers, you don't make a living. Look back 250 years and see what our founding fathers were lying about each other, constantly, over. One of the leaders of this editorialism now has a musical about his life.

It was better when there were actual regulations forcing "news" to cover things more balanced- but since that went away, and Fox News became a profitable calling card for what they are- we are back where we have been before. And given the money Faux makes, I doubt it will go back. The only way it ever will end is when people see behind the curtain and understand that they are being fleeced.

Comment

I don't care if she wants to write a book...lots of journalists do. I dont care if she finds ways to monetize things either. I care that she and the NYTs obviously held back on reporting a story about illegal activities so she could monetize her story. And make no mistake that is what they did. Do you think they would do that if it was another BS story about Hunter Biden's laptop? They would ask Psaki about it at the next press briefing.

But even if I grant that maybe they didn't do that and this is just a weird timing situation...this is front page news. Maybe not above the fold but a former President essentially stealing documents, shredding documents and housing classified documents in an unsecure location is a big deal. It trumps (no pun intended) literally everything they ever even accused Hillary of by FAR. (let alone what she actually did) "All The News That Is Fit To Print" couldn't find space for it? The same paper that when talking a bomb being delivered to Hillary's house a couple years back inserted a rhetorical attack on her? The same one that has taken every chance to white wash controversy away from Trump and his allies? The same Maggie Haberman that attacked a comedienne because she made a joke about Sarah Huckabee lying and made it sound like she attacked her for being a woman?
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The New York Times has zero credibility. I'm not saying everything they print is incorrect or lacks fact-checking. Probably most of it is reasonably accurate. But anyone who reads anything in the Times without eyeing another source for confirmation on a topic is just asking to be mis-informed (or lied to). I do think Haberman's conflicts (and potential conflicts) of interest are numerous. She should be avoided at all costs. While it is interesting and funny to read that trump was flushing more than just his stool down White House toilets, in the end did anyone really need to read that to know he was violating all sorts of record keeping laws? Not likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X