This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And again...he isn't The Executive.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Thing is, none of this "advice" was pertaining to his duties and function as chief executive. It was advice as to how his campaign could throw out the results of an election.

As such, not even covered by executive privilege.
      That just digs the hole deeper, but his team is fear mongering that people won't give honest advice, as it may come back to bite them. That's a total BS argument, as I can't see any redeeming value in the concept. If you provide HONEST and LEGAL advice, there's no problem at all. Which is what we should expect from advisors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        And again...he isn't The Executive.
        And like was explained when dumpy gave away secret to anyone, President Biden does have the power to open up any of dumpy's books that were written on the country's dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And like was explained when dumpy gave away secret to anyone, President Biden does have the power to open up any of dumpy's books that were written on the country's dime.
          If the president wants to do it, that's his prerogative.

At least, that's what people on here were telling me.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

"if the president wants to do it, that's his prerogative." posted sic

at least, that's what people on here were telling me.
            fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Except Biden is spending all his time working with the republicans, because ya know he believes in bipartisan cooperation.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

To be fair, that's just basic human nature. Ever caught a 4-6 year old doing something blatantly wrong and they know it? So they try and wiggle their way out by any means necessary. That's exactly what this is.
                The main difference being that most 4-6 year olds who misbehave get sent to bed without supper, or sent to their rooms without their toys, or get their asses beat, or somehow in some way get punished. The grifters and criminals at every level of the trump administration and all of trump's lackeys outside of the administration who basically broke the law like it was a daily bodily function are getting off scot free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  To add to that, Trump and his ego would’ve absolutely, proudly proclaimed his supporters killed Pence and the gig would’ve be up. Trump would’ve lost all legitimacy to a large majority of the country and most of the world after that. There were only three ways out and none of them end with Trump in power:

1. Either enough Republicans in the Senate come to their senses and they impeach Trump immediately (most likely).

2. Enough Cabinet members come to their senses and Trump gets removed via the 25th amendment (not likely but I could see the military brass strong arming this).

3. An outright civil war with Trump in nominal control over parts of the country.
                  If one of these three were indeed to happen, it clearly would not be # 1 or #2. republicans have no soul and no loyalty anymore other than to the party, which in reality means to trump himself. The occasional exceptions are there simply to prove that rule. It would be #3. And who knows, some form of that may happen in 2024 if we play our cards just right.

Comment

• Remember when trump said this was bad

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...687602690?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Remember when trump said this was bad

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...687602690?s=21
                      Except when Kerry was doing it, he was doing it as a private citizen offering advice on what could be done if a hypothetical occurred, so as an "Envoy Ambassador" from someone not actually, you know, in power.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• All of this is awful and none of this is surprising: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...c-covid-521128

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          All of this is awful and none of this is surprising: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...c-covid-521128
                          Considering they spent so much effort to blame China, it was the easiest issue for these morons to look great, and save the country from a long term kill off. Instead, they shat on science, shat on the obvious good play, made it a very partisan issue, and mostly put policy in place to make it worse- killing a lot of Americans.

Had they played this right, they could have easily won in November. And we'd probably be more out than worried about yet another wave of deaths.

Comment

• Good morning, all.

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              All of this is awful and none of this is surprising: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...c-covid-521128
                              You know, we knew the nazis were going to nazi, I think I'm starting to get more and more upset at the career CDC officials who sat around and let trump **** this up. If they knew this was a once-in-a-century, they have a duty to the public to make that information known despite their bosses saying no. They have a duty as part of their job and the basic moral duty to report.

They just sat back and let the admin put them in timeout. The moment that the admin started saying "Delete the emails" there should have been people rushing to break the emergency glass.

Redfield in particular should be in jail.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Redfield and Birx should never have careers in medicine ever again that is for sure. They knew better and still played the Good Little German.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X