This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Can you honestly state that the United States has a functioning Government right now? Cause I can't. Have you seen the videos from School Board meetings lately? Have you seen how every single Republican in the Senate votes in lockstep for insanity? Even Mitt Romney won't raise the debt ceiling. Do you know what happens to our country if we default on our debt? Tim Pawlenty tried really hard to do the very same thing in Minnesota. Our credit rating did go down. US Defaults on the debt every retirement account in the country evaporates.
    This doesn't help your assertion. China is an economic paper tiger that's even more on the brink than the US. Your fears may eventually come to fruition but it won't happen in our lifetime.

Comment

Let's see. We have Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz saying Turtle Boy is a ****wit coward for caving on the faith and credit of the United States. We have Josh Hawley saying that the DOJ is wrong for protecting School Board members across the country from violence, and we have a Congressman from Arizona who still does not believe Biden won in Arizona.

And yet we still have 50% of the people in this country who will gladly pull the level for these clowns.

Is there any doubt we will be part of China some time in the future. We're ceding power to them every single day.
      It's all Biden/Obama/AOC's fault according to them.

The party of personal responsibility fails to take personal responsibility.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Have you seen the videos from School Board meetings lately?
        In fairness:

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made School Boards.” - Mark Twain, 1897.

Now I'll leave it to you to figure out the interplay between that and this:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken, 1916.

Comment

• We won't be owned by China...but if we default China will definitely trigger the next Depression. (we wont default) Their BS economy will tank if the dollar gets prison raped which it will if we default. (again, we wont)

If this were to happen it would make 2008 look like a bad weekend in Vegas. Hell it would make what was the possible outcomes of 2008 look slight. The GOP wouldn't just be destroying our economy the domino effect would be crazy. Which is why it won't happen...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

In fairness:

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made School Boards.” - Mark Twain, 1897.

Now I'll leave it to you to figure out the interplay between that and this:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken, 1916.
            While I agree with all of that...not sure that is really relevant to what Scooby is saying. I mean school boards may be idiots but they don't deserve to have their lives threatened because they want to protect kids.

The irony of Josh Hawley whining about how it is wrong for the DOJ to do this is delicious since he cried like a 2 year old cause 12 people with candles and flyers sang songs outside his house. Apparently peaceful protest = attacking his family and violent protest = first amendment baby! Sounds about right for this guy:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

This doesn't help your assertion. China is an economic paper tiger that's even more on the brink than the US. Your fears may eventually come to fruition but it won't happen in our lifetime.
              Yeah, I agree. But I have kids.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We have Josh Hawley saying that the DOJ is wrong for protecting School Board members across the country from violence
                He's the fascist Kirsten Gillibrand. A male Tracy Flick taking advantage of a new political niche to feed his Ivy League ego and ambitions. Honestly, I think I might hate him more than Dump. I definitely hate Mitch more than I hate Dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

He's the fascist Kirsten Gillibrand. A male Tracy Flick taking advantage of a new political niche to feed his Ivy League ego and ambitions. Honestly, I think I might hate him more than Dump. I definitely hate Mitch more than I hate Dump.
                  I hate them all. They're all fascist ******* pigs who need to get the **** out of the way and let the adults run the country. I almost hate the people that vote them in more than them.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

While I agree with all of that...not sure that is really relevant to what Scooby is saying. I mean school boards may be idiots but they don't deserve to have their lives threatened because they want to protect kids.

The irony of Josh Hawley whining about how it is wrong for the DOJ to do this is delicious since he cried like a 2 year old cause 12 people with candles and flyers sang songs outside his house. Apparently peaceful protest = attacking his family and violent protest = first amendment baby! Sounds about right for this guy:

It's more that everything old is new again. People have been *****ing about government and school boards for centuries. We may be living in interesting times, but so have many others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      We won't be owned by China...but if we default China will definitely trigger the next Depression. (we wont default) Their BS economy will tank if the dollar gets prison raped which it will if we default. (again, we wont)

If this were to happen it would make 2008 look like a bad weekend in Vegas. Hell it would make what was the possible outcomes of 2008 look slight. The GOP wouldn't just be destroying our economy the domino effect would be crazy. Which is why it won't happen...
                      This. China exists and is prosperous because their owe their economy to the offshoring of several US industry sectors looking for cheaper labor in order to meet big box store pricing requirements or deliver mediocre software for pennies on the dollar. What China has been doing in the last 10-15 years is only natural. The US was never going to be alone at the top and without a rising ideological and economic adversary for very long. China can bluff and troll the United States with various military exercises and land claims for Xi's new would-be empire, and put on a good display of supposed "cultural superiority" and power for world events like the Olympics (ala Hitler in '36), but they are a long way from defeating the US militarily or economically and becoming the world's next only superpower.

If the US slips off the peak of the world stage, it's going to be due to ideological conflict from within. You can see the rot already rising to the surface in the last 5-10 years thanks to the rise of social media and 15 minutes of Internet fame. This is why Russia and China employ whole cube farms of "wumao" (paid trolls) to spam Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, etc. and get those platforms trending with things that make the US look bad, and to ridicule accounts that criticize the CCP or Putin. It's as much to sow the seeds of chaos internally, as it is convince their own citizens that Russia and China are doing fine and Americans don't have it any better than they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

It's more that everything old is new again. People have been *****ing about government and school boards for centuries. We may be living in interesting times, but so have many others.
                        That is very true. I mean the lame anti-vax arguments are word for word what the morons said about seatbelt laws in the 1980s...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Speaking of things trending "#TrumpisBroke" is trending because:

https://twitter.com/kimposble3/statu...73373618479106

Trump DC hotel incurred more than $70 million in losses while Trump was president, documents show
                          From the article:

Former President Donald Trump racked up more than $70 million in losses over a four-year period from his Washington, DC, hotel, while publicly claiming that the hotel was making more than tens of millions of dollars, according to documents released by the House Oversight Committee.

It's the first time that congressional investigators have reviewed and released details of the former president's financial information. The Manhattan district attorney and New York attorney general investigators have reviewed Trump's financials, but none of that has been made public.
                          Trump's income from the Trump International Hotel reported in public financial disclosures dating from 2016 to 2020 totaled more than $156 million, the committee said Friday.But in that four-year period, Trump's DC hotel actually suffered a net loss of more than $70 million while he was president and had to be loaned more than $27 million from one of Trump's holding companies, DJT Holdings LLC, from 2017 to 2020, according to hotel financial statements the committee obtained.More than $24 million was not repaid and was instead converted to capital contributions, the committee said.
                          The documents released Friday raise "troubling questions" about the lease with the General Services Administration and the "agency's ability to manage the former President's conflicts of interest during his term in office when he was effectively on both sides of the contract, as landlord and tenant," the Oversight Committee's Democratic chair Carolyn Maloney wrote in a letter Friday to the GSA.
                          The committee is also requesting that the GSA produce more documents by the end of two weeks.
                          The GSA, which manages federal buildings and land, awarded the lease for the Old Post Office building in 2012. Trump opened the hotel in 2016, when he was the Republican nominee for President.
                          Since then, the Oversight Committee has been investigating conflicts of interest regarding GSA's management of the Trump hotel lease.When he took office, Trump resigned from his companies but transferred his assets to a trust run by his sons, allowing him to still benefit financially from the DC hotel and his other businesses.
                          In 2019, the inspector general of the GSA said the agency "ignored the Constitution" when deciding to maintain the lease of the building to the hotel after Trump was elected to the White House.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• BTW, I'm all for MAGA biker lunkheads choosing not to wear helmets, or Cleetus not wearing a seatbelt to own the libs when he goes into town rollin' coal in his F-250. Those are examples of a personal decision that impacts no one else, except perhaps your family if you get maimed or killed. The spread of viruses and bacteria is another matter.

Comment

• Deutche Bank is gonna get pimpslapped again over changing the terms of Trump's Hotel loan on the hotel mid Presidency...you know if you don't want to look like money launderers perhaps don't openly launder money.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Scalise was unable to say this Sunday to Chris Wallace that Biden won the election. He's the number two guy for the GOP in the House. It's pretty funny that McCarthy is saying he can't be subpoenaed for anything cause the Jan 6 commission wasn't bipartisan.

Hillary Clinton testified in front of Congress for Benghazi. More Americans died on January 6th. Of all the hypocrisy in the World this one takes the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X