This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnerving to say the least.

Contrary to what the professional smart people with their "view from nowhere" and too many other members of the chattering classes have claimed, the dangers of a coup perpetrated by the Trump regime were not exaggerated or hysterical, and most certainly were not symptoms of "Trump derangement syndrome." The danger was clear and obvious for those who were paying attention to reality as it is, and not as others wished it to be.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ose/ar-AALA553
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Welcome to SJHovey's "Off the Deep End" Club for Hysterics! Handy will provide you with a welcome packet and I'll start the preamble shortly. Watch out for WeAreNDHockey, he'll try to convince you that Dems need to show up to the polls armed, but he's really harmless...we think. ;-) Coffee is around the corner.

Comment

• Not a good start to the day for El Hefty:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...35464401883141

Breaking WSJ: The Manhattan district attorney's office is expected to charge the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer with tax-related crimes on Thursday, people familiar with the matter said.
        Probably legit if the Trump Humper Wall Street Journal is saying it...NBC News is saying two sources within the Trump Org confirm it.

And...

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...82296279633932

Trump's upcoming rally in Alabama has been canceled. The USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park commission chairman said that the Republican party contacted them worried about the patriotic event turning into a "partisan political event" instead.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• If that CFO isn't cooperating I can't imagine they have a provable case. This all seems like another "we got him for sure this time!" situation.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            If that CFO isn't cooperating I can't imagine they have a provable case. This all seems like another "we got him for sure this time!" situation.
            When did the Manhattan DA have them for sure the last time? They have been investigating the Org for 3 years and this is the first indictment...

This isn't some flunky on MSNBC pontificating, this (appears) to be actually happening since The Murdoch Street Journal is reporting it. The DA isn't going to take this step just for a headline.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Republicans are suddenly worried about a Dump Nuremberg rally becoming a "partisan political event"? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Republicans are suddenly worried about a Dump Nuremberg rally becoming a "partisan political event"? LOL.
                It does seem odd.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Just like there are now republicans worried about the border suddenly when it wasn’t an issue last four years

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

When did the Manhattan DA have them for sure the last time? They have been investigating the Org for 3 years and this is the first indictment...

This isn't some flunky on MSNBC pontificating, this (appears) to be actually happening since The Murdoch Street Journal is reporting it. The DA isn't going to take this step just for a headline.
                    Not to disagree with you (because I don't, really), but the entirety of what we think we know on this has been directly or indirectly leaked by the Trump side. I take literally everything with an ocean's worth of salt.

Comment

If that CFO isn't cooperating I can't imagine they have a provable case. This all seems like another "we got him for sure this time!" situation.
                      Plus, they have the tax returns now.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I suspect the only way they ever get Dump is on the cover up, not the initial financial crime. Finance laws, like environmental regulations, are written by the criminals. They are written deliberately so that nobody will ever be brought to justice. But Dump is too stupid to know that and his cronies are unprepared, rinky dink felons and losers, so he and they will respond to the course of investigation by breaking more laws, committing more crimes, shredding evidence, bribing and threatening people, in a word, by being Dumpies.

The US Criminal Code is Republican-proofed so those guys never go to jail, but it isn't Dumpy-proofed. If you are stupid enough you can still go to jail in this country despite being rich.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Plus, they have the tax returns now.
                          Do they? Has this been confirmed?

I don't mean to be argumentative, but we've had dozens of "we got him now!" moments, yet here we are.

Comment

Do they? Has this been confirmed?

I don't mean to be argumentative, but we've had dozens of "we got him now!" moments, yet here we are.
                            There is a reason he’s stayed out of jail for the last 40+ years.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Yep. He's white and he's rich.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He has money in America.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X