This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yeah, it may, but that's going to sort of be where the battle is, in my opinion.

Honestly, I have no idea how a state (or its officials) decide whether to purchase voting machine "x" versus voting machine "y". Furthermore, I don't even know how often they are replaced. The machines that I see in Minnesota look exactly the same as they did 25 years ago, but for all I know they might be completely different.

I just think that even if the plaintiffs are able to show that some public opinion poll shows 37% of the public believed the claims, I'm not certain that necessarily gets the plaintiffs to where they need to be. Again, if I were the defense I'd be digging up state officials left and right to have them testify that they haven't made any buying decisions based upon those claims, and don't intend to.
    For most states, there are open meeting laws, which means that any discussion to buy X will have an open meeting. Which also means that they will ask for public input.

To pretend that people will just let this be is putting your head in the sand. It will be easier to buy a Russian brand of machines now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

For most states, there are open meeting laws, which means that any discussion to buy X will have an open meeting. Which also means that they will ask for public input.

To pretend that people will just let this be is putting your head in the sand. It will be easier to buy a Russian brand of machines now.
      I have no idea if "people" will let this be or not. For all I know there will be individuals in this country that hold Dominion and the rest of them in contempt for the rest of their lives. Given the fact that most people have the attention span of a squirrel, I tend to think the grudge holders will be relatively few, but I guess we'll see.

All I'm saying is that if I were the defense, the first question I'd ask the plaintiffs is, "has anyone turned you down, who, and did they give a reason why?"
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I would imagine that more than one Republican SOS has questioned Dominion. Actual state congresspeople did. Those statements in public would make people question the decision to buy their hardware. Plenty of people who have actual power of the purse latched onto the statements. I'd be pretty confident that Dominion have statements from more than one of those people who decide what stuff they buy.

I don't see terminating a contract as a requirement- questioning them with implied threats to terminate should be good enough.

Comment

• Try doing a little research before flapping yer yap, hovey.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/11/975935129/ohio-county-rejects-dominion-voting-systems-after-trump-supporters-balk

The three person Board of Stark County Commissioners in Ohio rejected the purchase of more than 1,400 new Dominion voting machines. The county's Board of Elections had recommended the purchase, but the three members voted to withhold the money for the purchase following pressure from supporters of former President Trump, who falsely accused the machines of manipulating vote tallies in President Biden's favor.

For months, local Trump supporters in Stark County, home to Canton, voiced their complaints and beliefs about Dominion voting machines.

County Commissioner Bill Smith said in February that the response from local residents on whether to purchase new voting machines "far exceeded the response any of us have received on any topic to come before our board."

Commissioners Smith, Janet Weir Creighton, and Richard Regula voted against the Board of Elections recommendations to buy the machines on Wednesday, saying they had to weigh the long-term viability of the purchase.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Want evidence that State Legislators believed this nonsense? I'll enter as exhibit A the 250+ voter restriction laws that GOP legislators have introduced in state houses in 2021. These people believed her crap. And these people's opinions matter.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Want evidence that State Legislators believed this nonsense? I'll enter as exhibit A the 250+ voter restriction laws that GOP legislators have introduced in state houses in 2021. These people believed her crap. And these people's opinions matter.
              To be fair, almost all of those laws are Jim Crow 2 and driven by conservatives' methodical program to stop black people from voting. They are apartheid measures which would have happened independent of Powell.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Hey, you found one! Congratulations.

Of course, I didn't say that there were no instances, or would be no instances, of local authorities making decisions like the one you cited. I just said it's examples like yours that the plaintiffs will have to come up with to support their claim. So yeah, whatever Stark County, Ohio, was prepared to spend on voting machines, Dominion can add that to their actual damages claim.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Of course, I didn't say that there were no instances, or would be no instances, of local authorities making decisions like the one you cited. I just said it's examples like yours that the plaintiffs will have to come up with to support their claim. So yeah, whatever Stark County, Ohio, was prepared to spend on voting machines, Dominion can add that to their actual damages claim.
                  Still flapping yer cock-holster.

But definitely not a Republican water carrier.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Not going to even attempt to move the goalposts now that your original request was satisfied?

Weak.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Not going to even attempt to move the goalposts now that your original request was satisfied?

Weak.
                      "Original request?"

The point of my posts was that I believe the plaintiffs are going to have to do exactly what rufus did, which is to find instances where states, counties or municipalities have elected to go with another vendor because of the false statements made, in order to establish the basis for their damages. Now, if all they come up with is Stark County, Ohio, I expect they're going to fall a little short on their $1.3 billion claim. But who knows how many similar instances exist.

Comment

• Dominion officially filed 1.6B suit against Fox News.

love it

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Dominion officially filed 1.6B suit against Fox News.

love it
                          Fantastic.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Dominion officially filed 1.6B suit against Fox News.

love it
                            Give them triple damages.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah Faux never went far enough in their distancing and they aren't even really doing it anymore since they give platform to plenty of people still saying Trump got screwed.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Yeah Faux never went far enough in their distancing and they aren't even really doing it anymore since they give platform to plenty of people still saying Trump got screwed.
                                I turned over to Hannity last night for 5 minutes. All I can stomach. They were melting down over Late Night Hosts, especially Seth Myers, hating on Republicans. What cracks me up about Republicans more than anything else is they never hold a mirror up to themselves.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X