POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Yeah I feel a couple of the slightly left posters here used to be slightly right before the right went crazy.
    I'm sure any number of posters have, over time, made very slight shifts one way or another in their leanings on political subjects, but I don't think it's been too dramatic. The difference in the board is that many of those posters who offered an opinion more to the right than the Cafe majority, have simply disappeared. Maybe because they got tired of logging on, only to be called Nazi all day, in a "polite and reasonable" manner, of course.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• They might also have considered not being Nazis.

The Times regrets their hurt feewies.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Learn the difference, people. Quinnipiac sucks slightly less: https://quchronicle.com/72093/news/q...look-of-qanon/
        Let's call it a draw.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I'm sure any number of posters have, over time, made very slight shifts one way or another in their leanings on political subjects, but I don't think it's been too dramatic. The difference in the board is that many of those posters who offered an opinion more to the right than the Cafe majority, have simply disappeared. Maybe because they got tired of logging on, only to be called Nazi all day, in a "polite and reasonable" manner, of course.
          Wait, racists have feelings? Who would have known based on the vitriol they put out.

Comment

Or maybe they just got tired of having to try to justify all the bull**** all the time.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Wait, racists have feelings? Who would have known based on the vitriol they put out.
              Course they do. They get highly offended when Jews, gays, and people of color maintain that they're just as good as the superior race folk.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

There’s a difference between people to the right of Kepler, and those who think peaceful protestors should be run over. Oh and those who “both sides” everything so they feel better about still grasping onto the R platform.

I don’t miss the latter

Comment

Or, you know, Richard Nixon (created the EPA) and George Bush Senior (raised taxes when needed) would be Democrats in today's climate because the right has gone full whack-a- doodle.

It started with Reagan and has only accelerated since. My personal breaking point with the party was Caribou Barbie. And that was 13 years ago already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

There’s a difference between people to the right of Kepler, and those who think peaceful protestors should be run over.
                    I think you meant "left." Insofar as such a person hypothetically exists.

Oh and those who “both sides” everything so they feel better about still grasping onto the R platform.

Fig. 1 Moderate Republican

Last edited by Kepler; 02-19-2021, 10:57 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Being a "centrist moderate social libertarian" I clearly am far to the right of the "Cafe majority". While I was never what one would call a prolific poster, my input has dropped off over the past few years. It hasn't been the more vitriolic nature of the board but simply a change in my work hours limiting my ability to get on here as often. It's tough to argue one's point when it may be 3-4 days before you can reply or by arriving 2-3 days after the discussion has essentially ended (this post being a obvious example of the later). As far as being called a Nazi, I am reminded of Pierre Trudeau's response to Richard Nixon.
                      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                      Groucho Marx
                      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                      Ron White
                      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                        As far as being called a Nazi, I am reminded of Pierre Trudeau's response to Richard Nixon.
                        "I'm the one f-cking Bianca"?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Nah. You can read the political leanings thread I revive every year. Several of us have move significantly left.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Re: Your Political Stance - 2014 Edition

Forgot to bump this

2012:
                            <b>My Political Views</b><br>I am a center-right social libertarian<br>Right: 1.92, Libertarian: 5.28<br>

<b>My Foreign Policy Views</b><br>Score: -2.25<br>
                            <b>My Culture War Stance</b><br>Score: -3.57<br>

2014:

2017:

2020:
                            <b>My Political Views</b><br>You are a left social libertarian.
                            Left: 5.57, Libertarian: 5.9

Foreign Policy:
                            You scored: -5.28

Culture:
                            You scored: -8.9

2012: 1.92 __ -5.28 __ -2.25 __ -3.57
                            2014: 2.20 __ -4.15 __ -0.98 __ -2.23
                            2017: -3.94 __ -4.07 __ -3.92 __ -6.60
                            2019: -5.57 __ -5.15 __ -5.66 __ -8.63
                            2020: -5.57 __ -5.90 __ -5.28 __ -8.90
                            My journey

I’ll be reviving the thread around the frozen four.
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-21-2021, 09:16 AM.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nah. You can read the political leanings thread I revive every year. Several of us have move significantly left.
                              That’s been noticeable. It’s also happened in my family as GW Bush pushed many of them away from the R party for good.

some people are better left posting at other boards, where you’re not allowed to even say what your covid symptoms were or your lingering effects in fear of triggering the conservative snowflakes

Comment

I graduated high school an indoctrinated Republican. I graduated college a Libertarian. By the time I left my first full-time job, I was a Democrat.

Comment

Working...
                                X