This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...81228025847809

CNN also reporting that McCarthy went down to Mar-a-Lago with the goal of getting his donor list. But ended up kissing the ring and not getting it.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Duncan Black posted today that since all the Republicans just want to get this over with, as so far, the House managers' presentation has been devastating to them and Trump in the eyes of the public, that maybe, just maybe, the Democrats might want to start calling witnesses.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Calling witnesses will only delay the inevitable. Unless Trump tells them to convict they won't do it. Not to mention no one of consequence will show up just like Bolton didn't a year ago. The people we need to hear from like Pence, Graham, Tuberville, McCarthy...etc. aren't going to go, and the ones we will hear from (like some of the rioters) will be easy to discredit.

Plus the Senate has next week off...

This is a lost cause, the deck is stacked. The evidence is out there and the GOP doesn't care. They also leak like a sieve so we will learn more after (like we did today) than we will during.

(I dont agree with this but it is the reality of the situation)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My gf said that the NY Times reported that last night Schoen (Trump's lawyer) quit because of the videos they were going to show today but was persuaded to come back by Trump. I never saw that but so much is coming to light who knows.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Calling witnesses will only delay the inevitable. Unless Trump tells them to convict they won't do it. Not to mention no one of consequence will show up just like Bolton didn't a year ago. The people we need to hear from like Pence, Graham, Tuberville, McCarthy...etc. aren't going to go, and the ones we will hear from (like some of the rioters) will be easy to discredit.

Plus the Senate has next week off...

This is a lost cause, the deck is stacked. The evidence is out there and the GOP doesn't care. They also leak like a sieve so we will learn more after (like we did today) than we will during.

(I dont agree with this but it is the reality of the situation)
            Sure, they're not gonna convict. We all know this.

But right now, they're getting a public thumping for just how mendacious they are. That they can hear all this, see these videos, and still say he did nothing wrong.

They're getting crushed visually, and politically. Each new thing we see makes them look even worse. So why stop now?

Finish them. You've got your knee on their throat. Keep it there for eight minutes. They'd do the same to you.

How many hearings on Benghazi again?

Comment

• I know not enough GOP senators have the spine to do the right thing.

i still think they should call witnesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I know not enough GOP senators have the spine to do the right thing.

i still think they should call witnesses.
                I'd like to hear from that senior staff member who allegedly said Dump was watching the riot on TV live and acting delighted at what he saw. Gotta think that kind of testimony would quiet the room.

Even if this person told someone that off the record, they would never testify to it, of course, and the reporter would never disclose who it was.

Comment

• They have now called for witnesses, 55-45. All Dems, plus Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Sasse, and... Graham. Graham this morning tweeted “if you want a delay, it will be a long one with many, many witnesses.”
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Yeah...this is now going to push back COVID relief and Senate confirmations. and the GOP is going to try (and likely fail) to call a ton of witnesses like Pelosi and it will fail.

I hope they know what they are doing because this could screw over Biden.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeah...this is now going to push back COVID relief and Senate confirmations. and the GOP is going to try (and likely fail) to call a ton of witnesses like Pelosi and it will fail.

I hope they know what they are doing because this could screw over Biden.
                      They're finally refusing to bend over, but we don't know if they know what to do beyond that.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• This witness procedure stuff is interesting. Every witness has to be voted on and it takes a majority to approve. Essentially the Trump side can't call any witnesses the Dems don't allow. That will stop any GOP stalling.

Sounds like the House Managers want to call Pence's Chief of Staff along with the witness that has already agreed.

edit: Sounds like Crackpot might be the cause of this by attacking Tuberville. Methinks van der Veen is gonna get a call from the Bar at some point cause lying to Congress is kind of a big deal ;^)

second edit: The witness is Jamie Herrera Beutler, the GOP Rep who talked about the McCarthy call. She voted for the President to be Impeached.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 02-13-2021, 10:12 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Dems have to be careful here. They have never been particularly good at the spin game, and once they start seriously discussing witnesses, Rs will go all in (or say they will), forcing Dems to argue that witnesses should be limited in the interest of carrying out Congress' other important business. That puts Rs in a position to claim Ds want a Kangaroo court that is not designed to uncover the facts Ds don't want people to hear.

They've done a good job so far despite thinking the ultimate vote was probably not in doubt. But things can go south pretty fast, IMO.

Cause, you know, I know.

Comment

• The only witnesses allowed will be the ones Dems want to hear from. I'd start with Pence, McCarthy, Tuberville and Lee, and go from there.

Ideally, I'd love to hear from those people who attended the meeting at Trump's hotel the night before, and hear what they were discussing. Not his family members and other loyalists, cause they won't say ****, but people like Tuberville and those business types who were there. The ones who might be cowed enough to spill the beans.

Would also love to hear from that Ali Alexander dude.

Comment

• burd,

Some are already saying that. (I think Lil Marco did) The problem the Trump Team has is they are going to the extreme already which fights that possible narrative. If you are threatening 100 witnesses and openly talking about gumming up the works you took the talking point away from the the Dems and cast yourself as the villain. Crackpot has played this all wrong. (I can see why this guy is an ambulance chaser) Senators who support his side will vote him down on that kind of stuff because they don't want to deal with that either.

Apparently some of the Senators voted and had no idea what they were voting for. They asked for clarification after they voted. Jesus man come on!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                The only witnesses allowed will be the ones Dems want to hear from. I'd start with Pence, McCarthy, Tuberville and Lee, and go from there.

Ideally, I'd love to hear from those people who attended the meeting at Trump's hotel the night before, and hear what they were discussing. Not his family members and other loyalists, cause they won't say ****, but people like Tuberville and those business types who were there. The ones who might be cowed enough to spill the beans.

Would also love to hear from that Ali Alexander dude.
                                burd is right though...if the Dems just block everyone the GOP wants to testify that will become problematic in the court of public opinion.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X