POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Like I said, I am not defending Graham in the slightest - and I hope the GA AG investigation includes that phone call he made and I hope he faces criminal prosecution. The man is a human remora fish.

I'm also super uncomfortable tone policing, so I don't enjoy this.
    Trust me I get it. My GF and I got in a fight because despite her being the most LGBTQ+ loving person I have ever met (including people who are LGBTQ+) she was all for LG getting outted which I was not. She brought up the (alleged) use of young male prostitutes and the fact that he denies pretty much everyone basic rights as why in his case alone she supported it. I honestly couldn't find a way to win the argument. Then he went double derp after Trump lost and I found no way to defend him from such attacks because being closeted doesn't excuse his behavior.

To me "Lady G." is the Senator, Lindsey is the person outside the office and party.

Sadly I dont think the GA DA can do much to him. It is he said/he said with no evidence. That is why Raffensberger taped the Trump call. He wasn't going to get screwed over again by someone lying about the context of an extortionary call to overthrow an election.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

To be fair to Rufus when I heard it on Fox News they were dead serious. It’s hard to believe anyone can say that with a straight face.
      I figured when I read it you were quoting Faux which is why I left it alone. GOP Senators were saying that during the breaks yesterday...cause all of a sudden now it is important vaccines roll out. Of course Biden has done more in a month on the vaccine front than Trump and the GOP did in almost a year...but hey facts aren't allowed on Faux.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He really is despicable.

Also, I hate lazy pet names for politicos, but that's more a me problem than a you problem.
        To me it depends. I enjoy stuff like "Lil Marco" because he acts like a 12 year old half the time and he looks like a nerdy teenager. Gym Jordan works for obvious reasons. Beyond that I usually just call them by their name...Ted Cruz being another exception though because he begs for it ;^)
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

it was a joke dude
          Hard to tell with him.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Pretty clear what the three GOP senators were meeting about last night. Trump’s entire defense is a montage hit job of clips against the Democrats.

Not without hypocrisy of course, as they led arguments by stating the house managers edited video.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

To me it depends. I enjoy stuff like "Lil Marco" because he acts like a 12 year old half the time and he looks like a nerdy teenager. Gym Jordan works for obvious reasons. Beyond that I usually just call them by their name...Ted Cruz being another exception though because he begs for it ;^)
              I definitely hear you. They can be clever as hell sometimes, but mostly they're just lazy and tired.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I refuse to watch because bad legal arguments make me angry...but the rumor is it is quite the clown show.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Pretty clear what the three GOP senators were meeting about last night. Trump’s entire defense is a montage hit job of clips against the Democrats.

Not without hypocrisy of course, as they led arguments by stating the house managers edited video.
                  Is there really music added to them for effect? Did they really name drop Madonna?

Ignoring the trial itself, does anyone think any of this will register positively with anyone but the base? They lost the suburbs with these very tactics.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh man the memes on Twitter are getting good. The amount of jokes about Elizabeth Warren "fighting" are through the roof!

One of my faves: https://***********/hjelle_brian/sta...10358045454337

Here is a Madonna one: https://***********/Tweet_Dec/status...92453530664963

Madonna inciting violence against the government
                    Last edited by Handyman; 02-12-2021, 02:29 PM.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can I make a gentle request?

Can we drop the "Lady G" stuff? I don't care if Graham is closeted, not closeted, gay, straight, pan, bi, poly, whatever, and I don't think many of you guys do either. But supposing he is closeted, calling him this pejorative name merely uses the same bigoted, insulting and reductionist garbage the right uses. Even using it half ironically isn't ok, in my opinion. The man deserves no quarter or sympathy. But to me, being a better person that the bigots on the right means actually being a better person. And you can do that by not insulting folks with bigoted terminology.

Sorry for tone policing. I definitely don't mean to defend Graham. But let's be better.
                      Seconded (and I've done it).
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Seconded (and I've done it).
                        Still denied ;^)

Good to know Trump's lawyers flat out lied to the Senate. I get you need to make sure El Hefty isn't mad but come on continuing to lie about the election is probably not the best road to hoe.

(speaking about what people think not the Traitors on the Right Side of the Senate Hall)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Collins and Murkowski ask when did Trump learn of the breach of the Capitol, what actions he took and when.

Trump's lawyer dodges it and blames it on the House Managers and then whines about Due Process. What a POS.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Collins just embarrassed Trump & Co and it couldn’t have been any better. They should be ashamed of themselves.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Trump's lawyers aren't even pretending they are doing anything but making El Hefty feel good. Their Due Process arguments and their "we weren't given the information" is pathetic and sad. Marc Elias has been shredding it.

And he also tweeted this: https://***********/marceelias/statu...04813259452416

edit: Holy Hell is Bruce Castor considered a good attorney? If so I should go to Law School this guy is an idiot.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Markey asks the House Managers the question Trump's lawyers dodged. When did he learn of the breach and what did he do to stop it?

Rep. Plaskett says it was on live TV and he had access to Intelligence. Also said he never took any steps to stop it.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X