This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "A way to make the impeachment process less divisive is for Republicans to join it." -- David Frum
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Liz Cheney is a yes vote for impeachment
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Liz Cheney is a yes vote for impeachment
          https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/s...23762780827648

Liz Cheney: "The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President...I will vote to impeach the President."
          Disowning Trump like he was her lesbian sister!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So Trump is now saying the 25th will come back to bite Biden and his administration...this guy does nothing but threaten and lie.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1349087451260846081

So you dont have to watch his assault on the English Language.
            Last edited by Handyman; 01-12-2021, 05:16 PM.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Liz Cheney is a yes vote for impeachment
              Is it two-thirds of 100, or two-thirds of the seated senate? Because it looks like Georgia will probably take up until the inauguration to officially certify.

I think the Senate is out until the 19th anyway, but if they do end up voting before Trump is out, and vote prior to GA certifying, they'd need 18-19 Republicans depending on if they need 66 or 67 for the two-thirds. Assuming all Dem are on board, of course.

If Georgia is certified before the vote, they need 17 GOP. Assuming all Dems are on board, they'd be at 51 of 67 needed.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize she was the House rep. Still at 50 of 67.
              Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 01-12-2021, 05:28 PM.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Yeah she lost her Senate race...that was when she disavowed her sisters marriage.

Kinzinger and Katko are yeses in the House as well.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Vanilla ISIS will go to their grave wishing they hadn't started FAFO.

Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Is it two-thirds of 100, or two-thirds of the seated senate?
                    The supermajority is of those Senators voting.

Note it's very likely that after the House impeaches (again!), Schumer will hold off the conviction vote for at least 100 days. Firstly, to get immediate business done on COVID (and the courts). Secondly, because you know the avalanche of evidence that spurts from the investigations now freed of White House stonewalling will make Nixon look like Pericles compared to Dump. So if and when Schumer brings it to a vote it will be the full hundred, needing 67, and the Nazis may be in a position where they either exonerate a dead-to-rights guilty Benedict Arnold or they commit primary suicide at the hands of their braindead, (literally) murderous Morlock base.

Note also: it's not like the terrorist attacks are going to stop after the inauguration. These limp d-cks are going to be hitting soft targets. Every once in a while they'll burn a black church or murder a judge or drag a trans woman. R is now the bastion of the high school kids whose eyes were weirdly spaced:

They can't help themselves. And every time they kill, Eric and Emily Suburbanite are going to get a little more freaked out, leading them to stop voting for "fiscal conservatism," purifying R as even more radical and fascist, and so on. And Dump will still be out there inciting, and OAN and Newsmax and Hate Radio will still be monetizing conservative psychological disorders.

This is going to accelerate. By the time we get around to convicting Dump he may be being joined by Gaetz, Goemert, Cruz, Hawley, Gym Jordan, and Clarence Thomas.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 01-12-2021, 06:12 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Is it two-thirds of 100, or two-thirds of the seated senate? Because it looks like Georgia will probably take up until the inauguration to officially certify.

I think the Senate is out until the 19th anyway, but if they do end up voting before Trump is out, and vote prior to GA certifying, they'd need 18-19 Republicans depending on if they need 66 or 67 for the two-thirds. Assuming all Dem are on board, of course.

If Georgia is certified before the vote, they need 17 GOP. Assuming all Dems are on board, they'd be at 51 of 67 needed.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize she was the House rep. Still at 50 of 67.
                      As to the 2/3 of 100 or 2/3 of seated Senate, and whether 17 or 19 GOP Senators will be needed to convict, I don't think it will matter. It will either be all Dems and maybe 1 or 2 (maybe a handful?) Republicans voting to convict, or it will be 85+ Senators getting rid of Dump. I would be very surprised if it got to 65 or 66 Senators without the dam breaking. Tomorrow may be a decent barometer though as to which way it will go.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• He's at -14.7 approval right now on 538's aggregate. Pretty crazy when he leaves it might not be his least popular. That's still seven points from his low of -20.4 in late December 2017.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Don Jr. now being investigated in DC over the riots.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He's at -14.7 approval right now on 538's aggregate. Pretty crazy when he leaves it might not be his least popular. That's still seven points from his low of -20.4 in late December 2017.
                            Give it time. I think they’re time weighted.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The
                              Clarence Thomas.
                              That reminds me, did I read somewhere during the decade since 1/6 that Mrs. Thomas bragged about funding x dozen bus loads of QMaga yeehawdists to the riot? Can Clarence be impeached if he supported it?
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• That hasnt been proven. She definitely was pimping the rally though and talked up Charlie Kirk who definitely funded busses, bragged about it on Twitter and then had to scrub it after the riots.

Even if she had there is .00001% chance they could impeach Justice Thomas over it. They could pressure him to retire though.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X