POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    And, btw, the next AG will be Roger Stone.
    Can't; he's been convicted.

Kyle Rittenhouse.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Can't; he's been convicted.
      Does that matter anymore? Anyway, pardoned.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Does that matter anymore? Anyway, pardoned.
        I am not sure a pardon removes the conviction from the record. I think it's like a commuted sentence.

But I won't know until I google it.

5 seconds later:

While a presidential pardon will restore various rights lost as a result of the pardoned offense and should lessen to some extent the stigma arising from a conviction, it will not erase or expunge the record of your conviction. Therefore, even if you are granted a pardon, you must still disclose your conviction on any form where such information is required, although you may also disclose the fact that you received a pardon. In addition, most civil disabilities attendant upon a federal felony conviction, such as loss of the right to vote and hold state public office, are imposed by state rather than federal law, and also may be removed by state action. Because the federal pardon process is exacting and may be more time-consuming than analogous state procedures, you may wish to consult with the appropriate authorities in the state of your residence regarding the procedures for restoring your state civil rights.
        However, it does not appear that AG, or even President, bars someone with a conviction. So I withdraw the relevance while maintaining its truth (there has gotta be a legal term for this).
        Last edited by Kepler; 12-01-2020, 03:20 PM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Still, doesn't matter anymore. But it will matter again once Biden takes office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            No chance. Everyone you have mentioned is way too linked to Trump to ever extricate themselves.
            I think what you're saying is that Trump's legacy will be whitewashed and he will be mythologized as a better version of Reagan by the GOP en masse, forever. It's very possible... sane people are tired of having to point out obvious facts. The alternatives are 1) a gradual, painful dissolution of MAGA, and 2) More Bill Barrs coming forward and MAGA's rapid relegation to fringy unelectable cult by the establishment (ripping off the bandaid).
            The best case for the Democrats for national elections is that the Q cult continues to hold sway over 30% of the country. But greed and self-interest of R politicians dictates some acknowledgement of the truth ("The election was not fraudulent"). I just can't believe this shadow world of OAN is a permanent condition of our society.
            In the long run I see Trump having Richard Nixon's reputation. Democrats remember him as a corrupt politician and immoral person who was rightfully ejected from the presidency. Republicans stop to try and remember, if he was that guy who used to live two houses down when the kids were young? Or was he a politician of some kind? Something about a hotel maybe, was he a contractor? Nixon.... Nix... onnn... sorry
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• I think the Trump Cult confuses "allegations" with "evidence". They have lots of allegations, but scant evidence. And in none of their cases have they offered any actual evidence. The lawsuits have been about process or the laws themselves. But they know that.

Also, if you're wondering why this is happening:
              https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/u...donations.html
              Trump Raises $170 Million as He Denies His Loss and Eyes the Future

The president’s campaign has ratcheted up its appeals for cash, but the first 75 percent of every contribution is going to a new political action committee that could fund his next political move.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I think what you're saying is that Trump's legacy will be whitewashed and he will be mythologized as a better version of Reagan by the GOP en masse, forever. It's very possible... sane people are tired of having to point out obvious facts. The alternatives are 1) a gradual, painful dissolution of MAGA, and 2) More Bill Barrs coming forward and MAGA's rapid relegation to fringy unelectable cult by the establishment (ripping off the bandaid).
                The best case for the Democrats for national elections is that the Q cult continues to hold sway over 30% of the country. But greed and self-interest of R politicians dictates some acknowledgement of the truth ("The election was not fraudulent"). I just can't believe this shadow world of OAN is a permanent condition of our society.
                In the long run I see Trump having Richard Nixon's reputation. Democrats remember him as a corrupt politician and immoral person who was rightfully ejected from the presidency. Republicans stop to try and remember, if he was that guy who used to live two houses down when the kids were young? Or was he a politician of some kind? Something about a hotel maybe, was he a contractor? Nixon.... Nix... onnn... sorry
                Oh he’ll be regarded exactly like Nixon by Republicans. Republicans like Ben Stein who cry that Nixon was railroaded by the media and the FBI because he was a true American hero.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The last of the Never Trumpers will leave the party in the next year. Trump and his family will own the GOP for 20 years.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Selling Presidential Pardons...
                    https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/d...ng%20Order.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Begin on p. 2 of "Memorandum Opinion and Order."
                      Last edited by Kepler; 12-01-2020, 05:24 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Parnas and Fruman? Rudy and his crew being the go-betweens.

Comment

• Ooooohhhhh..... DOJ investigating a highly redacted bribes for pardons scheme...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Ooooohhhhh..... DOJ investigating a highly redacted bribes for pardons scheme...
                            Little late now. Marc Rich is dead.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Little late now. Marc Rich is dead.
                              Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

I'm here to say, as a straight blue ticket voter, that this is absolutely a fair cop.

Why. Does Executive Pardon. Exist? It serves no purpose that a politically-insulated mechanism could not fulfill better and it is an open invitation to weaponized criminality with no consequences. The only thing I find amazing about Dump is it took almost 250 years to find somebody to simply rip away all pretense and go full Capone.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

I'm here to say, as a straight blue ticket voter, that this is absolutely a fair cop.

Why. Does Executive Pardon. Exist? It serves no purpose that a politically-insulated mechanism could not fulfill better and it is an open invitation to weaponized criminality with no consequences. The only thing I find amazing about Dump is it took almost 250 years to find somebody to simply rip away all pretense and go full Capone.
                                If I ever get to be dictator for a day, I’ve often thought it would be funny to change it so each president just gets one. Let’s see what they are really worth.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X