This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I won't defend Hillary's late concession, but it was orders of magnitude better than Trump's. Like, Hillary was unacceptably slow. And Trump is committing treason. One is lame, the other is worthy of prison.

Burn the GOP down.
    It wasn't late.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It wasn't late.
      It was though. It was obvious first thing in the morning who won (actually, it was obvious by midnight) and she delayed it hours. I was following very closely and for reason that aren't relevant, remember the whole wild week following closely.

edit: and again, it was a nuisance and nothing more.
      Last edited by Swansong; 11-20-2020, 01:41 PM.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

It was though. It was obvious first thing in the morning who won (actually, it was obvious by midnight) and she delayed it hours. I was following very closely and for reason that aren't relevant, remember the whole wild week following closely.

edit: and again, it was a nuisance and nothing more.
        It wasn't late.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Id link to them, but many news sites are blocking my view of articles because of my ad blocker (which I wouldn't need if they didn't fill their crappy pages with insane auto-play garbage).

I googled "Hillary clinton delayed concession" and got article after article about it - why it was late, how late it was, why it was unacceptable. I don't know what else to tell you. It's ok to say that she was late. She can be late and Trump can be treasonous. Both things can exist at the same time.

Comment

Id link to them, but many news sites are blocking my view of articles because of my ad blocker (which I wouldn't need if they didn't fill their crappy pages with insane auto-play garbage).

I googled "Hillary clinton delayed concession" and got article after article about it - why it was late, how late it was, why it was unacceptable. I don't know what else to tell you. It's ok to say that she was late. She can be late and Trump can be treasonous. Both things can exist at the same time.
            It's Bothsiderism on steroids. The same media that wrote those articles has yet to go ape**** on the lack of concession this time.

Comment

• Calling it late not only relative to the current moment - but in any way pertaining to what we are witnessing right this now - is splitting freaking hairs at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Calling it late not only relative to the current moment - but in any way pertaining to what we are witnessing right this now - is splitting freaking hairs at best.
                I agree.

It's not both-sidesing the issue (a concept I can't stand in general, at least how it's now used). I can say that Hillary was unacceptably late in her concession. I can also say, separately, that Trump is so late as to be treasonous. Pointing out Hillary's shortfalls does not indemnify Trump's seditious actions. One is counter to norms, the other is borderline treason.

Comment

I agree.

It's not both-sidesing the issue (a concept I can't stand in general, at least how it's now used). I can say that Hillary was unacceptably late in her concession. I can also say, separately, that Trump is so late as to be treasonous. Pointing out Hillary's shortfalls does not indemnify Trump's seditious actions. One is counter to norms, the other is borderline treason.
                  There was nothing out of norm about it. Worse would have been for her to do what Gore did. The election results were razor thin. If anything she had every right to wait for recounts. She did not. She conceded.

Comment

I can say that Hillary was unacceptably late in her concession.
                    I can say Melania married for love.

We can both be full of crap.

But in either case, Dump is a traitor and the GOP are abetting treason. Just like Civil War I, when the going gets tough, the reactionaries show their true colors. They aren't for America, they're for ME, ME, ME and F-CK YOUR FEELINGS. Where for "feelings" read laws, ethics, and country.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 11-20-2020, 03:49 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• How the eff was she late? lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

There was nothing out of norm about it. Worse would have been for her to do what Gore did. The election results were razor thin. If anything she had every right to wait for recounts. She did not. She conceded.
                        Gore took a general righteous approach, in my opinion, but lost (not interested in re-litigating that). Hillary had no path to win by midnight, had nothing so close as to make recounting necessary. She was just... well, she probably felt totally blindsided by the loss. And then delayed her concession unnecessarily. It's ok to acknowledge this. It wasn't a real problem, just violating norms.

Again, we can point that without diminishing the insane damage the current President is doing to our democracy.

Comment

Id link to them, but many news sites are blocking my view of articles because of my ad blocker (which I wouldn't need if they didn't fill their crappy pages with insane auto-play garbage).
                          Local yokel papers all have the same no free rider adblock detector. I don't blame them, the infinitesimal business model they have left to them depends on ad revenue. But that doesn't mean I'm going to expose myself to their pollution.

Advertising is abuse and advertisers should be hunted to extinction for sport. On public television.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I agree.

We don't agree. At all. You are at best splitting hairs calling Hillary's concession "late" and I will leave it at that respectfully.

Comment

Gore took a general righteous approach, in my opinion, but lost (not interested in re-litigating that). Hillary had no path to win by midnight, had nothing so close as to make recounting necessary. She was just... well, she probably felt totally blindsided by the loss. And then delayed her concession unnecessarily. It's ok to acknowledge this. It wasn't a real problem, just violating norms.

Again, we can point that without diminishing the insane damage the current President is doing to our democracy.
                              With razer thin margins in a number of states, Clinton absolutely needed to consult with her legal team and her senior campaign staffers to make sure that the votes in places like MI and PA were not the result of fraud or mistakes or anything easily proven. Yes, states giving trump 270 may have been called at midnight, but to say Clinton had no path to victory is pushing the reality to its furthest reaches. She CLEARLY had to look at a state like Michigan thoroughly before being convinced a recount would do her no favor. She did not concede late, by any stretch.

And the last thing she wanted to do was concede like Gore did, and then end up pulling back on that a couple of hours later. Knowing what we know about trump, that was clearly a smart move. I think by election day Clinton knew she did not run an effective campaign (even though, like trump she has a hard time admitting she is wrong) and did not want to give trump one more weapon to use against her. I think she timed her concession speech well. Not too early and not too late.
                              Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 11-20-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

We don't agree. At all. You are at best splitting hairs calling Hillary's concession "late" and I will leave it at that respectfully.
                                That woman can do nothing right in the eyes of some.

Comment

Working...
                                X