This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

It's a cult. Why do people get into Scientology? Why was Jim Jones popular? Same thing going on with Chump.
    True to a degree certainly, but dump seems a little different. People like Jones and Manson were charismatic, and there was a mystical/spiritual quality about them Dump has developed a cult-like following among a group of people who were already angry, resentful and afraid, but he has never shown himself to be charismatic at any point in his life, though he has been in positions of leadership for a long time. There is nothing mystical or spiritual about him. He's a grand manipulator, like all cult leaders, but there's a missing quality with him. Was Hitler a cult leader? Maybe the answer is obvious, but not to me.

Comment

• Donnie has the myth of Trump. The rich playboy who makes millions and bangs supermodels. Now, the myth may not be all its supposed to be, but facts don't matter. Donnie has spent decades building that myth, just as the Republicans spent decades building the myth about Hillary Clinton.

Now, a major part of his cult are those white racist ****s he's been cultivating since 2015. But there is another part, those disaffected small town folk, maybe little educated, who feel that this country and economy have left them behind. And they felt Donnie spoke to them, he heard their pain, their voice, and he was going to Washington to take on the establishment and fight for them. It was total horse**** of course, just another con by Donnie, but the believed it. And he keeps telling them how much he's accomplished, how much he's done for them, and they believe it. Cause they have no way of verifying for themselves, either cause they don't want to, or they're too dumb to. So they take him at his word.

The problem is, those very people they support, who play the cultural issues to woo them to their side, are the very ones responsible for their plight. The ones who've spent 40 years killing off unions and high paying manufacturing jobs, who've sent those jobs overseas and provided them no recourse or alternative but low paying jobs at C stores or Wal-Mart. And then use the culture wars to further divide them, to blame others for their plight instead of the GOP and big business. To rile them up, to make them angry, so they never have the chance to sit back and reflect on just why things are the way they are. Its always someone else's fault, someone else to blame. The darkies, the furriners, them damm college edumucated elites telling them how they should live.
      Last edited by rufus; 10-17-2020, 10:13 AM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        he has never shown himself to be charismatic at any point in his life
        Only to smart people. Dumb people can't see through his shtick, and there are a lot of dumb people in this country. Even dumb rich people.

Comment

• Trump says he may leave the US if Biden wins. Let me guess, it will be to a non-extradition country...

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidmack...63811737432064
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Trump says he may leave the US if Biden wins. Let me guess, it will be to a non-extradition country...

Does the Secret Service have to protect him then?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Trump says he may leave the US if Biden wins. Let me guess, it will be to a non-extradition country...

We all know the only place on that list which is a semi-realistic destination for him is Russia. The rest either want nothing to do with him (Jhina), or are too brown/black/Mooselimb for his taste (UAE, Bahrain). He can't even pronounce Namibia, so they're definitely out. He was nothing but a useful idiot to Kim Fatty III, so the Norks aren't calling him back either.

Comment

Pinky Swear?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

We all know the only place on that list which is a semi-realistic destination for him is Russia. The rest either want nothing to do with him (Jhina), or are too brown/black/Mooselimb for his taste (UAE, Bahrain). He can't even pronounce Namibia, so they're definitely out. He was nothing but a useful idiot to Kim Fatty III, so the Norks aren't calling him back either.
                  Will he share an apartment with Snowden?

Comment

Be fitting if he ended up in a shythole country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Will he share an apartment with Snowden?
                      You're telling me Snowden didn't get a lovely dacha in the countryside for his services to the Kremlin, and is instead housed in some sh*tty Moscow plattenbau?

Comment

You're telling me Snowden didn't get a lovely dacha in the countryside for his services to the Kremlin, and is instead housed in some sh*tty Moscow plattenbau?
                        I dunno but I'm sure Glenn Greenwald is camped out in back yard mad at the Dems...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1317577844835319809

4 years later, Hillary is still free. Now it's Whitmer they want locked up.

You'd think they'd have realized by now that he sold them a bill of goods on the investigations and prosecutions of supposedly "criminal" Democrats.

Comment

• No that would require them having deductive reasoning and they barely have the brain capacity to chant 3 words...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What does he have to offer to Russia that they would let him in?

please. The only place that would accept him is a third-rate third-world ****hole.

Russia is going to discard him like a urine-soaked mattress.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Some countries like to take in ousted dictators, but that's because they have suitcases full of gold bars and a Swiss account full of embezzled funds to spend there. No one wants to take in the guy with hundreds of millions of debt coming due.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X