• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #ByeTiffany: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qM05IrYDE

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      "I'm not familiar with this Tiffany person. I saw her sitting, in one picture, at a table with me. That’s the — that’s the only thing I know about her. I meet a lot of people."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://***********/ProjectLincoln/s...95767036186625

This is pretty powerful. I have a friend whose ex husband would constantly belittler her in front of their two daughters. He's berate, insult and generally tear her down (she's a tenured college professor/PhD and he's a construction worker...) and was generally incredibly disrespectful to her. It always bugged me - what kind of example are you setting for your daughters? What kind of lesson?

"You're a woman, and this is how you are to be treated."

I'm not as anti-Trump as many here, but how he treats women has always been a major sticking point for me.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          https://***********/ProjectLincoln/s...95767036186625

This is pretty powerful. I have a friend whose ex husband would constantly belittler her in front of their two daughters. He's berate, insult and generally tear her down (she's a tenured college professor/PhD and he's a construction worker...) and was generally incredibly disrespectful to her. It always bugged me - what kind of example are you setting for your daughters? What kind of lesson?
          That's on her for staying. F-ck was she thinking in the first place?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think this is a big part of it. Please do not take this statement as any kind of defense for that cop's murderous acts, but I also wonder how much that added stress influenced his (murderous) actions. Would George Floyd still be alive if COVID never hit? I know, kind of a butterfly effect thinking here. If there was no COVID and everyone was working like they had been, would the nation (the world?) have reacted the same way?

Either way, COVID is real, Officer ****bag did murder George Floyd, and the world decided that enough was enough.

When Trump was elected I thought we could sort of glide through 4 years - so long as nothing major happened. Well, something major happened.
            I have little doubt that Chauvin would've still killed Floyd if COVID were not a thing. The man had numerous complaints filed against him for excessive force. In fact, excessive force was or is a sort of creed for the 3rd precinct in Minneapolis. The Star Tribune article was posted here some time after the Floyd was killed that very few arrests in the 3rd precinct were ever brought to trial, let along convicted, because suspects would have booking photos that looked one way, and they'd come walking out of the station looking like they'd gone through a gang initiation. The precinct thought that the TV show SHIELD was a how-to manual.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's on her for staying. F-ck was she thinking in the first place?
              Well, she didn't, ultimately. She later remarried to a pretty awesome dude.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Well, she didn't, ultimately. She later remarried to a pretty awesome dude.
                Good for her!
                Cornell University

Comment

• Frankly I don't see how any woman or person of color with even one cell left with functioning self respect could vote for trump. White racist men I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Frankly I don't see how any woman or person of color with even one cell left with functioning self respect could vote for trump. White racist men I get.
                    Or LGBTQ white male.

By all rights the Nazis should be down to non-college grad straight white Christian men as an absolute ceiling. That is, what, maybe 25% of the population?

And then you start subtracting the people with any morals.

Maybe (secretly formerly) Republican women will all vote for Biden this time and they are just lying so their conservative fathers and husbands won't beat them up for Jesus.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2020, 04:55 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Frankly I don't see how any woman or person of color with even one cell left with functioning self respect could vote for trump. White racist men I get.
                      Without a hint of irony, one of my neighbors posted today how sad it is that her republican neighbor can’t put trump signs out because he’s afraid of vandalism. And that people just need to be nicer to each other

Comment

I just saw a woman today wearing a Trump hat (as well as her husband).
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Ivanka wishes a happy birthday to her sister Tiffany and tags the wrong Twitter account. And posts an awful picture. Sisters, huh.

https://***********/ivankatrump/stat...116024321?s=21

Comment

I’ve seen several “Women for Trump” yard signs in my (red)neck of the woods. It turns out that weak, uneducated minds are easy to brainwash.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• The Final Season of the Trump Show
                              Last night’s dueling town halls made clear why the president’s campaign is flailing.

Other differences became apparent too. When Trump has to deal with something he doesn’t like—such as Savannah Guthrie’s questions about his debts—he blusters great clouds of defensive words. The words do not form sentences, do not cohere into ideas, do not contain truthful information. But they do form a defensive wall of noise against unwelcome inquiry.

Oddly his sycophants sound exactly the same. Those of us with more sound body and mind however...

When Biden got a challenging question—for example, whether Trump deserved some credit for peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates—he used the bullfighter method: Let the charge advance far enough to dissipate some of its energy, and only then strike back. So Biden allowed that Trump did deserve “a little” credit, but “not much.” And then, rather than arguing the point, he offered a different frame for thinking about foreign-policy success: trust by allies, acceptance of America’s standing in the world.

And the contrasts continue:

The most important difference, though, was starkly highlighted by the side-by-side presentations. For Trump, the supposed businessman, everything is a war, every question an attack, and every attack demands a counterpunch. Biden, the career politician, treated each encounter as a sale. When he was challenged—on fracking and the Green New Deal, for example—he did not counterpunch. He made a counteroffer.

Trump needs enemies. After the debate, his campaign released this statement: “President Trump soundly defeated NBC’s Savannah Guthrie in her role as debate opponent and Joe Biden surrogate. President Trump masterfully handled Guthrie’s attacks and interacted warmly and effectively with the voters in the room.” The Biden campaign was not so quick to offer its own release, in part because Biden lingered afterward in the hall, talking and taking questions face-to-face, but perhaps also because it did not feel the need to identify a target for hate and rage.
                              At the end of the scheduled time, each candidate was invited to address a broader question. Guthrie asked Trump what he would say to uncertain voters. A questioner from the audience asked Biden what he would do to unite the country in the event that he lost the election in November. Trump answered by saying that he would tell the undecided voter what a great job he was doing as president. Biden answered that if he lost, he would have to accept that he had failed as a candidate—but that he would never accept that the divisions in the country are as real as Donald Trump wants them to be.

The contrast was striking and poignant. Even more striking: Trump failed to use his open opportunity effectively. He said nothing to that hypothetical undecided voter that was as forceful as his opening quasi-apology for QAnon, which he praised as a movement strongly opposed to pedophilia. That will be Trump’s most quoted statement of the evening. Biden, by contrast, contemplating defeat, delivered his best case for victory: a statement of faith in the country as something bigger than himself.
                              And finally:

One of Trump’s spokespeople derided the Biden event as “an episode of Mister Rodgers Neighborhood.” (In authentic Trump style, she misspelled the name.) If this was meant to suggest that the evening was all smiles and saccharine—well, it only showed that the spokesperson had never watched the classic children’s program hosted by Fred Rogers.

Rogers well understood the darkness in the world. The maker of a documentary about him explained: “What he’s doing is not just providing joy for children but really trying to allay fear.” But of course, in Trump world, allaying fear is the last thing you want to do. What you want to do in Trump world is incite fear, stoke fear, manipulate fear, and exploit fear. That can apparently work—at least with some people, and at least for a limited time. But only for some people, and only for a limited time. Rogers’s show ran for decades. The Man in the High Castle ended after four seasons.
                              Trump - like his most vocal defenders - is cornered, ignorant, isolated, scared, paranoid, devoid of character and soul, and would rather the country burn than gracefully pass the torch and wish for the best for all Americans.

Comment

It's a cult. Why do people get into Scientology? Why was Jim Jones popular? Same thing going on with Chump.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X