This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Just stay out of the way...the guy is hanging himself by the hour.
    Sounds like what I often said to others in 2016.

Pelosi is no fool when it comes to PR, and she just might be possessed of more information than we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Sounds like what I often said to others in 2016.

Pelosi is no fool when it comes to PR, and she just might be possessed of more information than we are.

Ok I am not denying that she is...but again her legislation will not pass. Even if they pull everyone back into Legislative Session (which they wont) it wont pass before November 3rd. So unless her plan is to pass it in the Lame Duck and screw Trump over until the Inauguration there is no endgame to this. The only way it works is if the GOP is on board...which I think we all know isnt the case.

You guys are putting way too much into what was announced. This is her direct quote:

Originally posted by Nancy Pelosi
      “This is not about President Trump. He will face the judgment of the voters, but he shows the need for us to create a process for future presidents,” Pelosi told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference.

She later added: “This legislation applies to future presidents, but we are reminded of the necessity of action by the health of the current president.”
      Now maybe she is sandbagging...but I doubt it. One of the reasons I like her and got into arguments with Trixie about why she should be Speaker is she knows the ins and outs. She knows, better than anyone, this is a bridge to nowhere. (for now) The overall idea is an A+ but she didnt announce it now because they are planning to "25" Covita. There is no Bipartisan group (in concert with Pence on top of it) who is going to declare Trump unfit at this point...even to save their fledgling chances.

Further proof there is no there there is this quote from Wapo:

The Raskin legislation has no chance of becoming law as long as Republicans control the Senate. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters in Kentucky on Friday that the idea was “absurd, absolutely absurd.”
      There is no way Nancy is going to waste time trying to get this passed. Even if the House passes it tomorrow the Senate wont even pretend to look at it until after the Supreme Court BS and then it will sit in the pile with all of the other things Mitch refuses to bring to the floor. It is dead until the new Congress is sworn in and IF the Dems take back the Senate then it will pass. Trump will never have to ever even deal with it. What he does get though is a bit more ammunition to say "see they are trying to steal it all away from me".

This is starting to remind me of when everyone around here was telling us Mueller was going to take Trump down...you are pinning your hopes on a fantasy that doesn't exist in this actual reality. If you want Trump 25thed...you better get Pence and the Cabinet to go after him because no commission from this Legislation is going to be able to do it any time soon.

Trump couldnt even wait 12 hours to ruin what was a not horrid performance in the VP debates. (relatively speaking...he obviously still sucked) He is now calling Faux daily and going off on unhinged rants without anyone even talking about him. He is calling for everyone from Hillary Clinton to "Shoeless" Joe Jackson to be investigated and charged. The man's ego is literally choking him. I love when Nancy trolls him...hell I love when ANYONE trolls him...this just doesn't smell right and it gained nothing at all because he is saying all the stuff he would be saying anyways.

This wont hurt Biden in any way because there is so little time left and well, Trump is unhinged. But I just dont like chirping until the clock strikes zero.

Here is the full Post Write Up
      Last edited by Handyman; 10-09-2020, 10:07 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Any word on the Tucker Test?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/...361058304?s=19

Send the GOP to the Hague.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1314814429016600576

Not a great picture...
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The greatest political ad ever made.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He's still alive? Wasn't he like 85 when he lost to Clinton?
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

They had to open the catacombs to find support for Trump at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

He's 97. I thought he died in the 00's.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Candace Owens...she of the "Hitler Was Fine Til He Went Global" comments...is a featured speaker at Covita's Event today. That is one way to try and not seem like a fascist I guess..
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• There is a hilarious rumor out there that Trump had a meeting with family and advisors this morning and is trying to cut a deal in which he would resign contingent on Pence pardoning him and SDNY ending investigations into him.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...67961342537728

No way it is true but man in 2020 anything is possible...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I saw someone retweet that saying that guy is a known spreader of disinformation and nonsense.

Qanon for lefties
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Whatever happened with the First F-cktoy? She was sick and then... nuffin'.
                            Cornell University

Comment

There is a hilarious rumor out there that Trump had a meeting with family and advisors this morning and is trying to cut a deal in which he would resign contingent on Pence pardoning him and SDNY ending investigations into him.
                              I called this months ago. If Trump losses, he will resign, and Pence will pardon him. The only problem with that, is Pence can only pardon him for Federal crimes.

No way NY is going to backdown on the state crimes...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Whatever happened with the First F-cktoy? She was sick and then... nuffin'.
                                Busy getting ready for Xmas decorations I presume

Comment

Working...
                                X