X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/1292855386312253440

If the GOP has gone so crazy Ben Sasse doesnt belong...good lord.
    When you create a monster that monster will eventually turn on you. Ask Robespierre.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I mean it is weird enough that Mitt Romney...Casting Call Republican is not good enough for them but Ben Sasse? At this rate the GOP will be Trump, Gym Jordan and a bunch of Southerners who cant put sentences together.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm laughing now because the ad embedded in Kepler's last post is "You are cordially invited to become a Trump Executive Member! Get your personalized certificate today!" Anyone else seeing that?

Also, I can't believe I'm surprised that Trump would actually inquire about how to get himself added to Mt. Rushmore, but I kinda am. Like, seriously???? Ijust can't anymore with this *******.

Comment

• Re: Rushmore, the Dumpies will say he's just masterfully trolling/owning the libs. They said the same thing when he suggested postponing the election a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I'm laughing now because the ad embedded in Kepler's last post is "You are cordially invited to become a Trump Executive Member! Get your personalized certificate today!" Anyone else seeing that?

Also, I can't believe I'm surprised that Trump would actually inquire about how to get himself added to Mt. Rushmore, but I kinda am. Like, seriously???? Ijust can't anymore with this *******.
            All that executive membership thing will do is steal and monetize the data you enter. On a completely unrelated and separate note, remember that TikTok is bad!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/statu...10162344988672

Wow, it's like someone is ****ing with the postal service. Maybe someone you could talk to?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

At this rate the GOP will be Trump, Gym Jordan and a bunch of Southerners who cant put sentences together.
                And at least 500 union members in WI and MN. I just fielded a call from one who wanted to know if my union was going to switch its endorsement now that trump just signed an executive order to cut his taxes, further proving that trump is doing more than those communists in the democratic party. I suppose it could be a cruel joke God is playing on me for always believing the grass is greener somewhere else and taking this job. Maybe it is just MY members who are so stupid while the majority of the rest of our Union brothers and sisters in MN and WI are supporting a better candidate. Somehow I doubt that, seeing what I've seen around these parts for the last year.

Comment

• It depends on the union...and where in Minnesota and WI those people reside. The farther you get away from civilization the more likely they like Trump. Lots of Trumpers in the small towns...thankfully the populations of the Twin Cities drown out their stupidity.

GF and I played a fun game when we drove down to Owatonna last week...we looked at all of the houses that had Trump signs...not one of them looked like it should be lived in. (we called them Trump Shacks) In fact the sign or flag was probably worth more than the house was. Meanwhile the few Biden houses (or Obama) we saw all looked like the people who lived in them werent cooking meth. They had yards and windows...and it didnt look like the Big Bad Wolf had just tried to blow the house in.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

And at least 500 union members in WI and MN. I just fielded a call from one who wanted to know if my union was going to switch its endorsement now that trump just signed an executive order to cut his taxes, further proving that trump is doing more than those communists in the democratic party. I suppose it could be a cruel joke God is playing on me for always believing the grass is greener somewhere else and taking this job. Maybe it is just MY members who are so stupid while the majority of the rest of our Union brothers and sisters in MN and WI are supporting a better candidate. Somehow I doubt that, seeing what I've seen around these parts for the last year.
                    make sure you tell him trump really didn't cut any taxes, and while he might get a couple bucks more in each paycheck for a while, he'll have to cough up that entire amount when it comes time to file his taxes.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Meanwhile the few Biden houses (or Obama) we saw all looked like the people who lived in them werent cooking meth. They had yards and windows...and it didnt look like the Big Bad Wolf had just tried to blow the house in.
                      That's obviously because they were gettin' gubmint handouts! ;-)

Comment

• Trump wants them to play college football and wants to be the one to present the Thighsman Trophy at the end of the season.

KDR

Comment

It depends on the union...and where in Minnesota and WI those people reside.
                          Mix of rural and urban in both states. Some Twin Cities, some middle of nowhere MN. Some near or next to some of the bigger WI cities, some out in the sticks.

I expected some trump support when I took this job (and part of the reason I took it was I would not be doing any actual political campaign work, which I hate) but I guess I was naive as to the amount it ended up being.

I left a job with a public sector union where my members were almost all highly educated professionals. Their hearts lay politically where you would mostly expect them to.

But unions have changed dramatically in the last 30-40 years. I used to be a member in unions that in the past were somewhat progressive and most of the rank and file leadership knew republicans were on the opposite side of most of the important issues, especially by the time Clinton was first elected. And those members' political allegiances reflected that. Not anymore. Both the union I was a member of for the longest and the one I work for now are mostly made up of members who are barely to the left of the FOPs of this country. Extremely supportive of trump and extremely suspicious of all of the things he tells them are bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

make sure you tell him trump really didn't cut any taxes, and while he might get a couple bucks more in each paycheck for a while, he'll have to cough up that entire amount when it comes time to file his taxes.
                            Oh believe me, I have had those conversations. They go as far as the ones I have when they tell me their employer is violating their constitutional rights by requiring them to wear face coverings. These people are a mix of dug in deep with trump, idiots, and dug in deep with trump idiots.

Comment

It depends on the union...and where in Minnesota and WI those people reside. The farther you get away from civilization the more likely they like Trump. Lots of Trumpers in the small towns...thankfully the populations of the Twin Cities drown out their stupidity.

GF and I played a fun game when we drove down to Owatonna last week...we looked at all of the houses that had Trump signs...not one of them looked like it should be lived in. (we called them Trump Shacks) In fact the sign or flag was probably worth more than the house was. Meanwhile the few Biden houses (or Obama) we saw all looked like the people who lived in them werent cooking meth. They had yards and windows...and it didnt look like the Big Bad Wolf had just tried to blow the house in.
                              "Hey honey. Want to drive around rural Minnesota and laugh at people in substandard housing. It'll be a hoot."
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

"Hey honey. Want to drive around rural Minnesota and laugh at people in substandard housing. It'll be a hoot."
                                "Hey no one in particular. Want to see me attempt and fail to be funny on a message board? Should be a hoot!"

Let me know the next time you perform at Acme Comedy Club...don't want to miss any of your A+ bits!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X