This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Who, Alex Burns? Not me, sorry, although I still have respect for the NYT so it's not like I would take it as an insult.

As for Trump's tweets about delaying the election, and people who say "not to worry?" Yeah, I generally agree with those who say that Trump would love to delay or cancel the election, but there is nothing he can do about it, so no, I'm not going to lose any sleep over his tweet.

You guys want to add one more thing to the pile that keeps you awake and on twitter at night, be my guest.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Has anything come out about the ghislaine papers that came out last night? Wonder if trump is also trying to distract from that or just the cratering economy and millions of Rona cases

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Who, Alex Burns? Not me, sorry, although I still have respect for the NYT so it's not like I would take it as an insult.

As for Trump's tweets about delaying the election, and people who say "not to worry?" Yeah, I generally agree with those who say that Trump would love to delay or cancel the election, but there is nothing he can do about it, so no, I'm not going to lose any sleep over his tweet.

You guys want to add one more thing to the pile that keeps you awake and on twitter at night, be my guest.
        I mean this is a thing that can actually happen. If it can’t be delayed, it can certainly be jeopardized

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeoffRBen...63999553171456

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I mean this is a thing that can actually happen. If it can’t be delayed, it can certainly be jeopardized

Come on now, Republicans are okay with rigging the election. Just don't delay the rigging. That's where they draw the line.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Come on now, Republicans are okay with rigging the election. Just don't delay the rigging. That's where they draw the line.
            I believe this is literally their plan

Comment

I believe this is literally their plan
              Exactly. This is why Republicans on this board tell people not to lose sleep over Republican shenanigans. Why lose sleep when rigging the elections is something they dream of at night?
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I can't speak for every state, because I've only voted in North Dakota and Minnesota. However, in both of those states I was able to simply walk down to our county office and pick up a ballot.

There is a fair amount of time between now and the election (three months). It seems like if a person really wants a ballot you should be able to get one and get it returned in time.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I won’t speak for Hovey, but the postal service not being able to meet the increased demand, partially d/t sh-t Trump and the administration have control over, and clearly plan to deliberately f-ck with, that absolutely worries me. I have literally no control over that either, and that stresses me out, because I know it could happen/is happening. The election actually moving dates? That doesn’t stress me out in the slightest.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I won’t speak for Hovey, but the postal service not being able to meet the increased demand, partially d/t sh-t Trump and the administration have control over, and clearly plan to deliberately f-ck with, that absolutely worries me. I have literally no control over that either, and that stresses me out, because I know it could happen/is happening. The election actually moving dates? That doesn’t stress me out in the slightest.
                    The postal service is a mess. Whether that's the fault of Trump, someone he appointed, Congress, or whoever, I can't say. But I get my neighbor's mail twice a week. I'll see mail take 10 days when it used to take two between my home and my folks.

I have no intention of relying upon the postal service to see that I get a ballot, or that my ballot gets cast. If for some reason I can't vote in person in November, I'll be picking my ballot up personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Him making the suggestion openly should stress you out. It tells you how far the Overton Window has slid to fascism on the right.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Reminds me of the one cartoon I saw on FB or Twitter (or maybe it was posted here) where a MAGA person asks a dem to push a button that says 'the Epstein case would cause Trump to go to jail.'
                        Second panel is the MAGA character saying that "but, Bill Clinton would also be implicated.
                        Third panel was the Dem smashing the hell out of the button anyway.
                        Yeah...last night when the Epstein information was leaking in full (its a lot of documents I guess) Dems/Libs were all over the place saying "If Bill is involved take him down". The Trumpers so wanted it to be a GOTCHA moment but the theme was "Take all the criminals down no matter who they are!" which ended all of the debate.

FWIW I dont think Trump ever did himself outside of letting them use Mar-a-Lago, letting them abuse a couple people on the staff (including one of the main complainants) and of course introducing Epstein to everyone that he knew. Dershowitz though...hooooo boy.

What is going to be interesting is when Maxwell takes a deal and flips. And based on what I read in the complaint I guarantee that is what she is praying for. She wasnt just the procurer she joined in. There is no chance she gets out of this...but she has information that is valuable and good god the fallout from that could be crazy. If these are the names we know about...imagine who we dont know about!
                        Last edited by Handyman; 07-31-2020, 10:09 AM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I can't speak for every state, because I've only voted in North Dakota and Minnesota. However, in both of those states I was able to simply walk down to our county office and pick up a ballot.

There is a fair amount of time between now and the election (three months). It seems like if a person really wants a ballot you should be able to get one and get it returned in time.
                          Then you (and I for that matter) are rather fortunate. Of course Dems want that type of ease in every state...who is it again who blocks it all the time?

Up until 2 months ago I never had an issue with the Postal Service dating back to at least 2008. Now it sucks. Postal Workers havent been happy with Trump's Postmaster General to say the least. And the rules Congress put in place about the pension funds and such is the ultimate reason it is in financial trouble. I will see if I can find the Jon Oliver episode about it...
                          Last edited by Handyman; 07-31-2020, 10:16 AM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Reminds me of the one cartoon I saw on FB or Twitter (or maybe it was posted here) where a MAGA person asks a dem to push a button that says 'the Epstein case would cause Trump to go to jail.'
                            Second panel is the MAGA character saying that "but, Bill Clinton would also be implicated.
                            Third panel was the Dem smashing the hell out of the button anyway.
                            This is every Democratic voter now. The only people left who will defend the Clintons are Carville and a slowly eroding majority on the DNC.

Dump and Bill in adjoining cells would be quite satisfying.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Has anything come out about the ghislaine papers that came out last night? Wonder if trump is also trying to distract from that or just the cratering economy and millions of Rona cases
                              Go back a page...I posted something about it.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Then you (and I for that matter) are rather fortunate. Of course Dems want that type of ease in every state...who is it again who blocks it all the time?

Up until 2 months ago I never had an issue with the Postal Service dating back to at least 2008. Now it sucks. Postal Workers havent been happy with Trump's Postmaster General to say the least. And the rules Congress put in place about the pension funds and such is the ultimate reason it is in financial trouble. I will see if I can find the Jon Oliver episode about it...
                                It is 100% because of republicans that the postal service has issues. The pension funding is an abomination

republicans need to stop projecting. Not one dem I know wants to protect Bill Clinton, unlike the right doing anything to protect their own rapists

Comment

Working...
                                X