Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Thomas Barrack, Trump ally who chaired inaugural committee, indicted in foreign lobbying case

NEW YORK — Thomas J. Barrack, a longtime friend to former president Donald Trump and a billionaire businessman, was arrested on Tuesday for violating foreign lobbying laws, obstructing justice and making false statements, officials said Tuesday.

Barrack, whose primary residence is in Los Angeles, was taken into custody in California and indicted on foreign lobbying charges related to his dealings with the United Arab Emirates, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday afternoon.
    He and two other defendants are accused of acting and conspiring to act as agents of the UAE between April 2016 and April 2018. Officials also alleged that Barrack lied to FBI agents in 2019 during an interview about his dealings with the UAE. He did not immediately return a request for comment Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    That is A+ level trolling. I expect lots of burning Brady Jersey videos on Twitter soon!

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Trump press release calling Tom Brady a traitor in 3…2….1

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattGertz...14743322062858
    That was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Biden having these events at the White House and everyone wearing aviators is kinda funny.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Trump press release calling Tom Brady a traitor in 3…2….1

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattGertz...14743322062858

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    As hilarious as that is, I'm kinda surprised the Virginia DMV didn't reject that vanity plate application. They could pretty easily argue that it's obviously intended to be provocative and might lead to a road incident that threatens the safety of the driver, occupants, and other drivers. Same reason why a neo-Nazi can't have a 'HEILHTLR' plate and a BLM activist can't have an 'ACAB' plate.

Also, why do they even still offer a Lee plate in 2021 Virginia? Yeesh.
    Virginia just slipped blue over the last dozen years or so. It'll take another decade to to erase Jim Crow from everything that was plastered there from 1964-2004.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    As hilarious as that is, I'm kinda surprised the Virginia DMV didn't reject that vanity plate application. They could pretty easily argue that it's obviously intended to be provocative and might lead to a road incident that threatens the safety of the driver, occupants, and other drivers. Same reason why a neo-Nazi can't have a 'HEILHTLR' plate and a BLM activist can't have an 'ACAB' plate.

Also, why do they even still offer a Lee plate in 2021 Virginia? Yeesh.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-20-2021, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Wow. Just wow. Long, slow clap.

The owner of that vehicle is going to be murdered.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Kep, this you?

https://mobile.twitter.com/clapifyou...65508996190217

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1416967562643058691

He couldn't comment further as he was clutching his pearls too tightly!
    Why any thinking person doesn't fear for the sustainability of this republic is beyond me.

We look in so many ways just like Europe did between the two world wars of the 20th century. The right (not just trump, but the party of trump, the party of the right, and the right in general) is using many of the same tools to lay the groundwork for subverting our legally elected government. Lies, each bigger and bolder than the last being repeated over and over again, in ways that will reach critical masses of people. Private armies of thugs (Oath Keepers, Proud Boys) there to supplement the PUBLIC armies of thugs (our police departments in all areas of the country) being used to scare people into submission. A main source (trump himself) spewing endless propaganda that is unchecked by many sources of information, and at the very least spread by so called responsible sources who fear if they don't cover him they will be accused of bias and lose all their viewers and their commercial revenue. Current holders of public office who are literally afraid to speak up because they fear doing so will put their lives in danger. Other current office holders who refuse to speak up because protecting their seat is all they care about (even if they THINK that be remaining in office they can work for the good of the people from the inside). Finally, we live in a country where there are dozens of reasons that people do not even have the time to seek out the real truth.

Anyone who thinks we are different from any other country or civilization that failed is naive beyond belief. Frankly, we're already 50% of the way there. A little further and the inertia of the train will be impossible to stop in time. Look for it to derail sometime around early 2025. Those of us who predicted existential disaster during the first trump presidency will be right. We were just off a few years.

Now I'm going to go back to clutching MY pearls.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1416967562643058691

A former Trump administration official is calling the Republican Party the “No. 1 national security threat."

Miles Taylor, a former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official, made the comment during a Thursday interview on MSNBC’s “The Reid Out.”

“I’ve spent my whole career not as a political operative. I’ve never worked on a campaign in my life other than campaigning against Trump. I’m a national security guy. I’ve worked in national security against ISIS, al Qaeda and Russia,” Taylor said.

“And the No. 1 national security threat I’ve ever seen in my life to this country’s democracy is the party that I’m in — the Republican Party. It is the No. 1 security national security threat to the United States of America,” he said.

Taylor further warned that the House would become a “haunted House” if the GOP regains control of the lower chamber. He added that if Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) became Speaker, it would represent former President “Trump’s hand on that Speaker’s gavel.”

“If Kevin McCarthy continues to pay homage to a twice-impeached presidential loser, I think should give all Americans pause and make them worry about the future of this country and national security,” Taylor concluded.
    He couldn't comment further as he was clutching his pearls too tightly!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    So dump called Merkel a “*****” and a “f-ing kraut”.

weird how so many conservative men don’t like women in power
    They just hate women.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Given that O'Reilly will get an Irish temper over just about anything, including a fcking cue card he doesn't like, it's not really surprising.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Actually they were less than free since many of them had people paid or bussed in. I am guessing Craigslist ads for sign holders are coming soon.

What I heard was O'Reilly was more mad it was being reported that sales were slow basically denying what Ticketmaster has on their site.
    Last edited by Handyman; 07-17-2021, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X