X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Trump went totally unhinged at his rally today...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Dick Cheney, yes that guy, just said Trump is the biggest threat to the Republic...this is getting fun!

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Sorry but a reasonable person couldn't. The majority don't. If the genders were reversed this never comes up let alone gets traction. Don't be swayed by the vocal minority and remember who is considered a reasonable person...

And the GA Supreme Court (according to legal analysts I saw) have said the standard to remove is proof of impropriety or close to it. They don't like the idea of taking prosecutors off cases.

If this case wasn't political this likely doesn't even get a hearing in GA.
    Don’t sleep on the race of the person in question, either.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Interesting. Wasn't aware that was the standard. I thought the judge even cited what I said as the standard. I'll stand corrected.

I disagree with the second half. Semblance isn't necessarily what you or I think is impropriety. Of course I don't think she did anything wrong, but if a reasonable person could think that, yeah, this is an easy call.
    Sorry but a reasonable person couldn't. The majority don't. If the genders were reversed this never comes up let alone gets traction. Don't be swayed by the vocal minority and remember who is considered a reasonable person...

And the GA Supreme Court (according to legal analysts I saw) have said the standard to remove is proof of impropriety or close to it. They don't like the idea of taking prosecutors off cases.

If this case wasn't political this likely doesn't even get a hearing in GA.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

Actually the standard in GA to remove is much higher than that. It almost never happens which is why it didn't happen here.

Plus there is no semblance of impropriety here anyways. Her relationship had zero to do with anything.
    Again, why is it that we hold Democrats to such and incredibly high level but republicans don't care about themselves? Thomas should have taken himself off of many SCOTUS rulings thanks to Ginny being a big part of the grand lie. Or the incredible amount of stuff dumpy gets away with- even ones that have the Constitution telling all of us that it's wrong.

A possible relationships between two people vs. pretty obvious money coming form other countries enriching the President.

yea.

(my wife used to work for the government, and she always got really mad when appearances of conflict of interest that would get her fired are talked about and brushed off for republicans. She got a talk to because I owned stock in the company I worked for)

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Actually the standard in GA to remove is much higher than that. It almost never happens which is why it didn't happen here.

Plus there is no semblance of impropriety here anyways. Her relationship had zero to do with anything.
    Interesting. Wasn't aware that was the standard. I thought the judge even cited what I said as the standard. I'll stand corrected.

I disagree with the second half. Semblance isn't necessarily what you or I think is impropriety. Of course I don't think she did anything wrong, but if a reasonable person could think that, yeah, this is an easy call.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Exactly. You don't need impropriety for there to be an issue. The mere semblance of impropriety is usually enough.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Yeah this seems like much ado about nothing.

I'm still not clear on what the fever swamp even was trying to say.
    Exactly. You don't need impropriety for there to be an issue. The mere semblance of impropriety is usually enough.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

The GA judge ruled that either Fani Willis drop the prosecutor she'd had a relationship with or step aside herself. Seems like a reasonable "split the baby" decision that helps prevent the likelihood of a successful appeal.

It's all ridiculous, but such is life
    They definitely went out of their way to try to find a middle solution. And just like the original “split the baby” scenario, only the loser side is having a hissy fit.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

The GA judge ruled that either Fani Willis drop the prosecutor she'd had a relationship with or step aside herself. Seems like a reasonable "split the baby" decision that helps prevent the likelihood of a successful appeal.

I have no problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    duplicate

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    It's making a bunch of uneducated, regressive racists super angry, and I do enjoy feeding on their rage tears.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    What happened?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    What happened?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    OK, well, evidence is still the same and one less thing for them to appeal on.
    Yeah this seems like much ado about nothing.

I'm still not clear on what the fever swamp even was trying to say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X