This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      What happened?
      The GA judge ruled that either Fani Willis drop the prosecutor she'd had a relationship with or step aside herself. Seems like a reasonable "split the baby" decision that helps prevent the likelihood of a successful appeal.

It's all ridiculous, but such is life
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• It's making a bunch of uneducated, regressive racists super angry, and I do enjoy feeding on their rage tears.

Comment

• duplicate
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The GA judge ruled that either Fani Willis drop the prosecutor she'd had a relationship with or step aside herself. Seems like a reasonable "split the baby" decision that helps prevent the likelihood of a successful appeal.

I have no problem with that.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They definitely went out of their way to try to find a middle solution. And just like the original “split the baby” scenario, only the loser side is having a hissy fit.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Yeah this seems like much ado about nothing.

I'm still not clear on what the fever swamp even was trying to say.
                Exactly. You don't need impropriety for there to be an issue. The mere semblance of impropriety is usually enough.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Exactly. You don't need impropriety for there to be an issue. The mere semblance of impropriety is usually enough.
                  Actually the standard in GA to remove is much higher than that. It almost never happens which is why it didn't happen here.

Plus there is no semblance of impropriety here anyways. Her relationship had zero to do with anything.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Actually the standard in GA to remove is much higher than that. It almost never happens which is why it didn't happen here.

Plus there is no semblance of impropriety here anyways. Her relationship had zero to do with anything.
                    Interesting. Wasn't aware that was the standard. I thought the judge even cited what I said as the standard. I'll stand corrected.

I disagree with the second half. Semblance isn't necessarily what you or I think is impropriety. Of course I don't think she did anything wrong, but if a reasonable person could think that, yeah, this is an easy call.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Again, why is it that we hold Democrats to such and incredibly high level but republicans don't care about themselves? Thomas should have taken himself off of many SCOTUS rulings thanks to Ginny being a big part of the grand lie. Or the incredible amount of stuff dumpy gets away with- even ones that have the Constitution telling all of us that it's wrong.

A possible relationships between two people vs. pretty obvious money coming form other countries enriching the President.

yea.

(my wife used to work for the government, and she always got really mad when appearances of conflict of interest that would get her fired are talked about and brushed off for republicans. She got a talk to because I owned stock in the company I worked for)

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Interesting. Wasn't aware that was the standard. I thought the judge even cited what I said as the standard. I'll stand corrected.

I disagree with the second half. Semblance isn't necessarily what you or I think is impropriety. Of course I don't think she did anything wrong, but if a reasonable person could think that, yeah, this is an easy call.
                        Sorry but a reasonable person couldn't. The majority don't. If the genders were reversed this never comes up let alone gets traction. Don't be swayed by the vocal minority and remember who is considered a reasonable person...

And the GA Supreme Court (according to legal analysts I saw) have said the standard to remove is proof of impropriety or close to it. They don't like the idea of taking prosecutors off cases.

If this case wasn't political this likely doesn't even get a hearing in GA.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sorry but a reasonable person couldn't. The majority don't. If the genders were reversed this never comes up let alone gets traction. Don't be swayed by the vocal minority and remember who is considered a reasonable person...

And the GA Supreme Court (according to legal analysts I saw) have said the standard to remove is proof of impropriety or close to it. They don't like the idea of taking prosecutors off cases.

If this case wasn't political this likely doesn't even get a hearing in GA.
                          Don’t sleep on the race of the person in question, either.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Dick Cheney, yes that guy, just said Trump is the biggest threat to the Republic...this is getting fun!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Trump went totally unhinged at his rally today...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Don’t sleep on the race of the person in question, either.
                                Winner, winner, catfish dinner.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X