X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    More love for those who served.

I'm sure this will be "FAKE NEWS" to the cult, though.
    Especially of note:

On Memorial Day 2017, Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, a short drive from the White House. He was accompanied on this visit by John Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, and who would, a short time later, be named the White House chief of staff. The two men were set to visit Section 60, the 14-acre area of the cemetery that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars. Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Confirmed by other DoD: https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/statu...55895852670978

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Jesus ****ing Christ. This gets worse and worse.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Bill Barr Is A Moron
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Gee. When he told the troops he didn't give a **** about them in 2016 they all voted for him anyway. I'm sure nothing has changed now.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Gee. When he told the troops he didn't give a **** about them in 2016 they all voted for him anyway. I'm sure nothing has changed now.
              I posted a link to a Military Times poll a few days back that did show some serious erosion of support among members of the military for trump. I can't recall all the details but I believe it showed a not insignificant drop among career military and the officer corps. And that poll was taken before the Atlantic article was published.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I posted a link to a Military Times poll a few days back that did show some serious erosion of support among members of the military for trump. I can't recall all the details but I believe it showed a not insignificant drop among career military and the officer corps. And that poll was taken before the Atlantic article was published.
                Yeah.

I just don't believe it. I have an Uncle that is career military and his son that wasn't career military but did his four years and his career has been with a military contractor. They both will be voting for Trump enthusiastically. If I didn't have that dynamic going on I might be more excited about the polls.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I read about how Trump is the first Republican pres candidate in modern history to trail in the polls of active duty military. I see a number of drivers: 1) He hates immigrants, but immigrants and their kids are huge military families. 2) The pardoning and praise of war criminals which the rank and file know what's up. 3) The officer's club gossip being passed down the ranks (they knew about the disparagement of war dead many months ago) 4) The history of draft dodging and hating on McCain, which had already made it close between Dumpie and Hilly before all this garbage even happened. 5) Making things difficult for the base families re: health benefits, etc. 6) attacking and threatening to attack American cities... nobody's got the stomach for that kind of criminality.
                  Bottom line, as in the public at large, he has not gained a single new follower while alienating a ton of lukewarm supporters or potential voters. He's done for.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Told people not to lower flags for McCain: https://twitter.com/MilesTaylorUSA/s...38420466114560

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      More love for those who served.

I'm sure this will be "FAKE NEWS" to the cult, though.
                      Oh they’ve already begun the “anonymous sources = fake” campaign.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Of all the stuff Dumpy has done, these latest "anti-military" comments should be front and center of any campaign effort by Biden.

It's just one of those things where no matter how Dump tries to wiggle out, Biden can just do the **Will Smith pointing meme** and let Dumpy do the work for him.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Dumpy just responded to the published polls of soldiers' opinions by shutting down The Stars & Stripes permanently... it's just... it's disheartening.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Dumpy just responded to the published polls of soldiers' opinions by shutting down The Stars & Stripes permanently... it's just... it's disheartening.
                            Strokeahontas trying to silence people like the little bunker-***** he is.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Dumpy just responded to the published polls of soldiers' opinions by shutting down The Stars & Stripes permanently... it's just... it's disheartening.
                              Well they need to get the budget under control and that $15 million is the difference!!1!!!

Even Republicans are telling him not to do it. He will probably bring it back 2 weeks later and declare he saved it.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Of all the stuff Dumpy has done, these latest "anti-military" comments should be front and center of any campaign effort by Biden.

It's just one of those things where no matter how Dump tries to wiggle out, Biden can just do the **Will Smith pointing meme** and let Dumpy do the work for him.
                                Not just the anti-military comments, but the easily debunked lies told to the troops: like claiming he'd given them their first raise in years and that it was the biggest raise ever. Also Capt. Bonespurs' actions, like using the troops as props prior to the 2018 elections as part of his "migrant invasion" fear-mongering. And hijacking money from the military--intended for schools and improvements on bases--for his vanity wall.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X