Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That article does make it sound like the Archives got them...but my guess is he had more than he said he had. (or he turned over the non classified stuff)

Sic doesn't want to admit that the BS arguments he made about Clinton apply doubly to Trump. He didn't when Trump was caught passing classified intel (not possible classified intel like her CONFIMRED classified intel) to the Russians, he didn't do it when he had the Nuclear Football at Mar-a-Lago, he didn't when it was confirmed that Trump was doing classified business on a non-secured Android Phone out in public and he won't now even though members of the Archives and the DOJ are flat out saying the documents he still had not only were classified, they had the top levels of classification and posed a grave danger to National Security.

Sic is a disingenuous fraud and always has been.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Apparently Trump could release a copy of the warrant and hasn't. That's interesting. Anyone confirm?
      This is trending hard on Twitter...every non MAGAyte is basically saying "if you think you are being persecuted, release the warrant and let's see who signed off on it and what they were looking for".

This is smart in so many ways.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was just going to post something similar. That is what former DOJ officials were saying last night.

On another topic I found it funny that Ari Fleischer was tweeting out "they better have the goods" about the raid. The GOP has no sense of irony. And I highly doubt a federal judge signed off on a search warrant just because Garland asked nicely...
        But don't you think they have to at least prosecute Trump for something after this raid? If they don't, if the raid occurs and then we just get a trickle of information about this document or that found in the raid, with no prosecution, doesn't it just look like a political move? And if that's the case, that'll blow back on Biden and congressional Democrats, whether they had prior knowledge or not.

I agree with you that Garland, Wray, and the judge who signed off weren't going to do this without something solid, but it has to ultimately lead to something. Just my two cents.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Dc court of appeals rules that congress can get his taxes lol

Have we pivoted yet to how divisive Kamala’s laugh is yet?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jessesingal/stat...84335101087744

Apparently guests thought it was just the owner coming by to grope their 15yo daughters again.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              "Arranged for transport" doesn't mean "actually were transported"; the "arranging" could take forever as a stalling mechanism.
              Same CNBC link, point at top of article:
              • The National Archives and Records Administration retrieved 15 boxes of White House records that had been sent to former President Donald Trump’s resort-home Mar-a-Lago.

Again, is the actual warrant language available online?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Rumblings coming around that the documents were those "special access.... p-something" that are the above top secret, specific access things. There would be no legitimate reason for a former president to possess them, or even ever have made copies. If that's the case, then yeah this is a big deal and 100% criminal.

That said, the fact is we don't know what the target was or what was discovered and speculation is always dangerous.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

But don't you think they have to at least prosecute Trump for something after this raid? If they don't, if the raid occurs and then we just get a trickle of information about this document or that found in the raid, with no prosecution, doesn't it just look like a political move? And if that's the case, that'll blow back on Biden and congressional Democrats, whether they had prior knowledge or not.

I agree with you that Garland, Wray, and the judge who signed off weren't going to do this without something solid, but it has to ultimately lead to something. Just my two cents.
                  Do you really think it matters at this point? I don't. Lead to what? The January 6th committee which has nothing to do with this has already put the roadmap out. Mr. Careful (Garland) will either pull the trigger or he won't.

This appears to be completely archival related and one has nothing to do with the other. He's not going to be prosecuted over documents.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Do you really think it matters at this point? I don't. Lead to what? The January 6th committee which has nothing to do with this has already put the roadmap out. Mr. Careful (Garland) will either pull the trigger or he won't.

This appears to be completely archival related and one has nothing to do with the other. He's not going to be prosecuted over documents.
                    AFAIK this is correct. While this could lead to additional charges against Dump and his henchmen, it has nothing to do with the coup.

Were Dump held to the same standard that has been applied in prior national security cases there could be dozens if not hundreds of separate grand juries called to consider his felonies.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Again, is the actual warrant language available online?
                      Nope. Ask Donny to release it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Were Dump held to the same standard that has been applied in prior national security cases there could be dozens if not hundreds of separate grand juries called to consider his felonies.
                        If trump was held to the same legal standards that apply to every single person who has posted in this or any other political thread, he'd be facing indictments that would probably run into the hundreds of pages.

He committed crimes before he came to the White House but my guess is he committed crimes every single day he was the occupant of the White House. Based only on what we have heard publicly, trump committed as many criminal acts in office as any other 20 presidents combined. In fact if we were to actually ever get to the bottom of just how criminal his administration was, I would bet he is responsible for more criminal activity than EVERY previous president combined.

His acts alone surrounding 1-6-21 should get a man of his age so much prison time the only way he leaves a federal penitentiary should be in a body bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          Rumblings coming around that the documents were those "special access.... p-something" that are the above top secret, specific access things. There would be no legitimate reason for a former president to possess them, or even ever have made copies. If that's the case, then yeah this is a big deal and 100% criminal.
                          Special Access Required (SAR)/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI). That's basically black ops stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

If this is all they go after then yes it has to lead somewhere. But the truth is (from what I gathered listening to some former DOJers last night) that in reality this was just so he would finally comply like he was supposed to. It isn't about prison, it is about just getting what he is legally required to give them. They likely figured he would ignore a subpoena. Ari Fleischer though does not get to talk since we are still waiting for the WMDs his boss promised existed...

I mean it isn't like a judge had any reason not sign off. They knew he had the documents, they knew what the documents were, they knew where he had them and they knew he refused to give them. The only reason this became such a federal case was because he was too stupid to just do what he was supposed to do. If he had any competent lawyers left they would have told him that. This was a stupid hill for him to die on and he basically made it a slam dunk if they found what they were looking for. He likely won't go to prison for it, but it should have never even been news.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently Trump could release a copy of the warrant and hasn't. That's interesting. Anyone confirm?
                              Oh, just like his tax returns he could release that are "being audited?"
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                Rumblings coming around that the documents were those "special access.... p-something" that are the above top secret, specific access things. There would be no legitimate reason for a former president to possess them, or even ever have made copies. If that's the case, then yeah this is a big deal and 100% criminal.

That said, the fact is we don't know what the target was or what was discovered and speculation is always dangerous.
                                Yeah that was what was basically confirmed last night. The information is so sensitive it cannot even be itemized publicly. We literally are not supposed to know what it is or that it exists. As one person said on Maddow, this is the type of stuff that if it is even archived wrong after the fact could lead to serious National Security issues.

And I am not sure why any of you are even mentioning the 1/6 commission this is a completely different investigation. This could end up a part of the hearings after the fact but the only people who pretend the two are linked are RWNJs.

Speaking of nut jobs Andrew Yang wants you to know he is very concerned that this might be political. God I hate that ****ing piece of crap.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X