X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    We have Josh Hawley saying that the DOJ is wrong for protecting School Board members across the country from violence
    He's the fascist Kirsten Gillibrand. A male Tracy Flick taking advantage of a new political niche to feed his Ivy League ego and ambitions. Honestly, I think I might hate him more than Dump. I definitely hate Mitch more than I hate Dump.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

This doesn't help your assertion. China is an economic paper tiger that's even more on the brink than the US. Your fears may eventually come to fruition but it won't happen in our lifetime.
    Yeah, I agree. But I have kids.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

In fairness:

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made School Boards.” - Mark Twain, 1897.

Now I'll leave it to you to figure out the interplay between that and this:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken, 1916.
    While I agree with all of that...not sure that is really relevant to what Scooby is saying. I mean school boards may be idiots but they don't deserve to have their lives threatened because they want to protect kids.

The irony of Josh Hawley whining about how it is wrong for the DOJ to do this is delicious since he cried like a 2 year old cause 12 people with candles and flyers sang songs outside his house. Apparently peaceful protest = attacking his family and violent protest = first amendment baby! Sounds about right for this guy:

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    We won't be owned by China...but if we default China will definitely trigger the next Depression. (we wont default) Their BS economy will tank if the dollar gets prison raped which it will if we default. (again, we wont)

If this were to happen it would make 2008 look like a bad weekend in Vegas. Hell it would make what was the possible outcomes of 2008 look slight. The GOP wouldn't just be destroying our economy the domino effect would be crazy. Which is why it won't happen...

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Have you seen the videos from School Board meetings lately?
    In fairness:

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made School Boards.” - Mark Twain, 1897.

Now I'll leave it to you to figure out the interplay between that and this:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken, 1916.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X