X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

As we’ve been lectured, as long as it appears to someone, with goodness in his or her heart, that voter fraud is happening, it’s natural, and understandable, to respond by restricting voting access.
    They're just trying to protect the integrity of the electoral process, don'tcha know.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Dump fans getting kicked out of more baseball games

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ZPszfqjYtOM9Ns
    SJHovey has reminded me that there is nothing to worry about. We should ignore all of this and how it parallels other downfalls in history because America is special and amazing and some other such nonsense.

geezer,

Ralph Reed is self aggrandizing scum and I bet you he has skeletons in his closet that make Falwell's look like a night at the Rotary Club.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    There’s an interesting podcast called The Experiment about how Evangelicals abandoned the Bible and turned to political power as the one and only ultimate salvation. They interviewed a dude named Ralph Reed, a political operative “moral majority “ type who after Falwell is probably the biggest shot-caller among evangelicals. He turned Trump in their eyes from scumbag to false god in 2016. He said all he had to do was “convince them to abandon morality in order to gain power.” He said this proudly. I think he still claims to be a Christian, but more than anyone else has completely reversed the popular definition of what that is, or should be.
    Falwell made the endorsement speech (he was blackmailed with the pool boy pics, but did it eagerly enough). Reed crafted the campaign message. And 25% of Americans put on blindfolds and bent over. Now the whole system is shot.
    it’s creepy. “Wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.”

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    Kep, their (Hovey, Sic, etc.) sh-t gets accurately called out all the time on here. You think they care? Just because they deflect and look fucking stupid doing it, doesn’t mean they’re changing their viewpoints. Sure, they’re knowledgeable on certain subjects, just like all of us, but when they get called out, I can’t say I’ve seen a mea culpa from either of them, much less a changed mind.
    It's 1933 and I'm trying to shake some Good Germans.

Can't blame a girl for tryin'.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

But there’s fraud! They’ll tell ya
    As we’ve been lectured, as long as it appears to someone, with goodness in his or her heart, that voter fraud is happening, it’s natural, and understandable, to respond by restricting voting access.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X