Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansong
    replied
    We absolutely do not have anything approaching a national ID beyond a Passport. The "Real ID" rules really help prove that.
    Last edited by Swansong; 06-14-2021, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    “But I’m totally not for voter suppression because I’m pretending to be okay with this one straw man provision that my own side would absolutely never allow to happen, so that makes me neutral and my opinions should be valued highly.”

Um, nope.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Don't claim I said something I didn't say.

Kep said the political right would get their knickers in a twist over "national ID".

I said effectively we have "national ID" already so a national voter ID card shouldn't (honestly) be an issue.

Don't believe me? If (<-- I said IF, because someone pointed out I wrongly assumed everyone does) you have a driver's license, and you get pulled over out of state, how does the out of state authority run your license if not for a ... < gasp > ... national data interchange. (Until about a decade ago, ND used your SSN as you DL number. <-- Lunacy.)
    But 1) your "effective" national ID ISN'T FREE, and 2) it's very far from universal.

So it's not part of any of your point. Not effectively, nor even partially.

Is it that hard to see the fault in your own point?

BTW, the mental gymnastics to claim that "being effectively there" and being there is so different is pretty funny. Even for for you.

We are nowhere near a free universal voter ID.

And I did point out that the jurisdiction for a voter ID is the states, since it is them who control who and how votes are done. To pretend that states would not be upset by the Federal Government stepping in an providing an ID for something that is very much in the states control is, well... you tell us what that is.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

Kep said the political right would get their knickers in a twist over "national ID".

I said effectively we have "national ID" already so a national voter ID card shouldn't (honestly) be an issue.

Don't believe me? If (<-- I said IF, because someone pointed out I wrongly assumed everyone does) you have a driver's license, and you get pulled over out of state, how does the out of state authority run your license if not for a ... < gasp > ... national data interchange. (Until about a decade ago, ND used your SSN as you DL number. <-- Lunacy.)
    Cooperative agreements between states to share DL info are completely different from a national ID card, and you know it.

The freedumb lovers would be up in arms.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Wait, a few posts ago, you claimed that we are already there with the current available IDs (presumably driver's licenses, passports, and state IDs)- and now we are not?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I’m guessing Eric’s phone was looked at too. And Melanie

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

If you do the kind of things he does and hire the kind of people he hires, you don't need to be paranoid to spy on your own--only prudent.
    "There is no honor among thieves."

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    How paranoid are you if you spy on your own lawyer? Asking for a former President who whined he was spied on...
    If you do the kind of things he does and hire the kind of people he hires, you don't need to be paranoid to spy on your own--only prudent.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wise words from Lara Trump

“WATCH: Lara Trump, the daughter-in-law of former President Trump, called on Americans living at the southern border to “arm up and get guns and be ready,” in response to the influx of migrants arriving at the U.S. border.

“I don’t know what you tell the people that live at the southern border. I guess they better arm up and get guns and be ready, and maybe they’re gonna have to take matters into their own hands,” she said.”
    Imagine the outcry if someone advocated for this approach towards the still alarming amount of police violence directed towards people of color, which is an actual, real threat to democracy and freedom.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    How paranoid are you if you spy on your own lawyer? Asking for a former President who whined he was spied on...

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Wise words from Lara Trump

“WATCH: Lara Trump, the daughter-in-law of former President Trump, called on Americans living at the southern border to “arm up and get guns and be ready,” in response to the influx of migrants arriving at the U.S. border.

“I don’t know what you tell the people that live at the southern border. I guess they better arm up and get guns and be ready, and maybe they’re gonna have to take matters into their own hands,” she said.”

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought the RNC and the Federalist Society always paid homeless people and bussed them in to be at these things?

Nobody wants to work anymore!
    It’s that extra $300 a month!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I thought the RNC and the Federalist Society always paid homeless people and bussed them in to be at these things?

Nobody wants to work anymore!

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Update on lindell rally today-

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...50209897877504

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1403758410580082688
    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-12-2021, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

The election processes changed (not by legislative action) in early 2020 due to Covid justifications/rationalizations just before summer 2020 in far too many places. (Note when Trump started complaining as you point out.) Unrequested absentee ballots went out (MI, per Forbes.com).
    No, we didn't.

The REQUEST for absentee ballots went out to everyone, unrequested. But that had to be returned so that you would get an absentee ballot. And the same process was done for BOTH 2020 elections in Michigan.

BTW, if you read the headline that you linked, you would have noticed that rather large difference between getting a ballot unrequested vs. getting an application for a ballot unrequested. Once again, I thought you were able to read that and figure that out.

Your claims don't even get backed up by the information you post to prove them. How is it that you really wonder why you constantly get criticized? When you make a claim and the post something that shows that you are wrong.... makes no sense. How is it that YOU can read information into articles that are not even there? Just asking a question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X