POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    ... currently that would be the voter ID vs drivers license.
    You're twisting what I said.

I said I'd gladly pay for voter ID for all US citizens if it was required to vote.

Others said some would be opposed to a "national ID card".

I pointed out that in effect we're already there with driver's licenses so effectively we're there. That should/would be used to mitigate the concern.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I said I'd gladly pay for voter ID for all US citizens if it was required to vote.

I pointed out that in effect we're already there with driver's licenses so effectively we're there. That should/would be used to mitigate the concern.
      Stacy Abrams came out in favor of Voter ID yesterday. She supports Joe Manchin's compromise which purges voter rolls AND requires Voter ID.

Your Party said NO to voter ID. Effectively that means neither political party wants Voter ID.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All thought starts with a question.

Questions force you to think, weight, evaluate; a question makes you examine what you believe.

That said,

Why fear relevant, pertinent questions?
        It's not fear, it's recognition that the questions aren't legitimate inquiries.

Comment

Yes, most of my questions, I know my answer already.

When I pose a question I'm probing:
          - what is your answer, and
          - have you really thought through your answer (or is it merely regurgitated party-speak pablum)

The question is about thought: have you, did you, and not just one level deep.
          Dude, I survived law school where half the professors think they're Kingsfield from The Paperchase and get off on making 1Ls squirm. If you really want to claim you're pulling the Socratic Method on here, you suck at it.

Comment

But it's been pointed out the rather obvious:
            1) driver's licenses are not free. That removes a massive amount of "effectively" (and I claim that thanks to the cost, the requirement is a poll tax)
            2) they are not nearly universal- removing another large amount of "effectively"

I don't recall anyone actually posting opposition to a national ID card. On the other hand, many have posted that right now, a federal ID would face a massive battle over a state issue- since voting is in the state realm of responsibility. Would Texas even accept a national voter ID?

There's no twisting of anything you are saying- it's pointing out your errors in assumptions. You keep digging into your point, even when shown your errors.

Comment

Yes, most of my questions, I know my answer already.

When I pose a question I'm probing:
              - what is your answer, and
              - have you really thought through your answer (or is it merely regurgitated party-speak pablum)

The question is about thought: have you, did you, and not just one level deep.
              So why doesn't the standard apply to you, too? Why can't you answer your own question, and show that you have really thought out your answer??? Are you trying to avoid criticism of your position or something? Or an actual debate that could point out your error?

Apply your standards to yourself at some point.

Again, the hypocrisy in your application is galling.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

This must be the “Hilary’s emails” bit I see y’all talking about. I’ll take your word for it.
                No his 2016 election take is faaaaaaaaaar dumber and more insufferable than his take on the emails.

Comment

All thought starts with a question.

Questions force you to think, weight, evaluate; a question makes you examine what you believe.

That said,

Why fear relevant, pertinent questions?
                  Today is Wednesday.

Nobody "fears" you. We're on to you.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 06-18-2021, 09:58 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Wait you think we fear your questions? Good god man wake up. We fear your questions about as much as we fear the meth zombies you think are coming to your house...

We hate people being disingenuous. Asking questions is great. Even asking them sarcastically is fine if you are doing it to prove a point. Doing it to try and under the radar say things you now are either wrong or offensive is just sad. Hell it is downright cowardly...

The difference between you and say SJHovey is he might have an idea we disagree with but at least he friggin owns it and posts it. He doesn't couch it in some pseudo-intellectual bullcrap in the hopes of trying to sound academic. We aren't in PoliSci 101 here this is a discussion board. If you want to be the contrarian or if you honestly believe what you believe say it. Will you get grief...sure. Hell some of us get grief when we AGREE with people. But when you ask open ended questions that even a HS freshmen could see through and then never follow up you aren't playing the part you think you are. You are delving into "Concern Troll" territory.

If you want to be an active member of the discussion then you have to actually be active. That doesn't mean when you are "on the road" you can't take a break but it means that when you ask a question and we respond, you at some point continue to talk to us. (especially if we follow up with a question for you) That isn't your MO though. You ask questions, oftentimes ones you are smart enough to know are incendiary or controversial (which is good) and then never follow up. Even when you come back after your break you never do. That doesn't tell us you want to be part of a real discussion, it tells us you just want to light a fire and walk away then come back a month later to see the damage you caused. That is why people don't take your posts seriously...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• An excerpt from Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...18;nlid=630318
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        An excerpt from Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost

Jesus.

I know none of us should be surprised at the flailing incompetence that was the Trump Administration, but ... somehow I still am.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

No his 2016 election take is faaaaaaaaaar dumber and more insufferable than his take on the emails.
                          Would that be "it's all about who shows up"?

I mean, how on earth did he ever figure that out? That's some real intellectualizing going on there.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            An excerpt from Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost

Holy ****

"Trump had long struggled with addressing the nationâ??s racial issues, and his senior staff hadnâ??t included a single Black staffer since heâ??d fired Omarosa Manigault Newmanâ??a former contestant on his reality television showâ??at the end of 2017. In August 2018, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway had been asked on NBCâ??s Meet the Press to name the top Black official in the Trump White House and could only come up with his first name: Jaâ??Ron.

But Jaâ??Ron Smith was two pay grades below the top ranks. After Conwayâ??s interview, Smith asked for a promotion to formalize his role as the West Wingâ??s senior-most Black official and close the $50,000 salary gap. Kushner agreed but then put him off for the next two years.

Still, Smith remained in the White House, where he continued to work on Kushnerâ??s criminal justice issues and played a crucial role in outreach to Black community leaders. In June 2020, Smith was writing a proposal for Trump to make Juneteenth a federal holiday. But the outcry over Trumpâ??s rally on the day that commemorated the end of slavery convinced Smith to shelve the plan.Â

Trump hadnâ??t thought to ask his seniormost Black official about holding a rally on Juneteenth."
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I have no idea why my phone keeps pasting weird characters
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Two days after announcing his rally, Trump turned to a Secret Service agent, who was Black, and asked him about Juneteenth.

“Yes,” the agent told Trump. “I know what it is. And it’s very offensive to me that you’re having this rally on Juneteenth.”

At 11:23 p.m. that night, Trump posted on Twitter that he wanted to change the date.
                                Get this man a Congressional Medal of Honor. Or a goddammed Presidential Medal of Freedom. Or both.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X