X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

If fraud is not a problem, what's the harm in taking steps to ensure it never becomes one.
    Ah the old slippery slope that's never been ridden for hundreds of years yet we need to spend energy to fix something that isn't broken.

The steps we should be taking is to ensure the GQP doesn't steal elections, interfere with counting votes, limit voting rights, etc., etc., etc.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

If fraud is not a problem, what's the harm in taking steps to ensure it never becomes one.
    They do; that's why it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    One wonders why one wants to die on a hill that is so meaningless it's sad. Voter Fraud isn't a problem. You can say it is, but you had case after case after case bought by I assume intelligent attorneys after the 2020 Presidential Election and none could be found that was of any merit.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

I have ... about three times so far.

I'd pay (federally funded) for a voter ID for every US citizen and require it for voting.

I don't give a flying fish what the Rs say about that position. That's my position.
    One wonders why one wants to die on a hill that is so meaningless it's sad. Voter Fraud isn't a problem. You can say it is, but you had case after case after case bought by I assume intelligent attorneys after the 2020 Presidential Election and none could be found that was of any merit.

So, the real question is why are you so concerned about it? You're entering Susan Collins Level Concern here on a solution that doesn't have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So why doesn't the standard apply to you, too? Why can't you answer your own question ...
    I have ... about three times so far.

I'd pay (federally funded) for a voter ID for every US citizen and require it for voting.

I don't give a flying fish what the Rs say about that position. That's my position.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Sure they are...they're telling their voters that WE'RE the ones trying to kill it.
    Democracy is only for white Republican voters, obviously. Why can't you l1btards understand that? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/...36792191795201

QAnon supporters have acted with dismay and confusion after Trump announced the dates of his upcoming fees-raising speaking tour with Bill O'Reilly, which coincides with when he is meant to have already been reinstated as president
    That is an actual headline...

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's on us if we let the Nazis end democracy. It's not like they are hiding it.
    Sure they are...they're telling their voters that WE'RE the ones trying to kill it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    It's on us if we let the Nazis end democracy. It's not like they are hiding it.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Perfectly normal! Obviously you have seen too many movies!

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yeah, I think it’s time to get hysterical

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinMKru...35091064848387

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Get this man a Congressional Medal of Honor. Or a goddammed Presidential Medal of Freedom. Or both.
    If more people had been willing to do that Trump might not have been the worst President of all time.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

I've been here a long, long time. I fade in and out based on workload and personal life (like burying a mother in Mar 2020).

I'm not worried about my house. I do worry when friends and relatives are broken into.

Now that, that's unpossible. ;-)

I know you’ve been here a while. I’ve seen your posts on the hockey side of this board. I’ve been here since 2009, just under a different username whose password I long forgot, along with the password to my old email address I used to sign up in the first place.
    Anyways, ever since I’ve discovered Cafe, back when I felt compelled to create a new account after Rover acted like a know-it-all on a subject that I actually knew something about, I’ve rarely seen you post, until the past couple months. So, keep coming back. We need a good punching bag.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Two days after announcing his rally, Trump turned to a Secret Service agent, who was Black, and asked him about Juneteenth.

“Yes,” the agent told Trump. “I know what it is. And it’s very offensive to me that you’re having this rally on Juneteenth.”

At 11:23 p.m. that night, Trump posted on Twitter that he wanted to change the date.
    Get this man a Congressional Medal of Honor. Or a goddammed Presidential Medal of Freedom. Or both.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I have no idea why my phone keeps pasting weird characters

Leave a comment:

Working...
X