Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by unofan View Post

    If they take the house, it's because of gerrymandering. Texas is gonna gain 3 seats, Florida 2, and the GOP controls those states.

    Meanwhile Cali, Illinois, and new York are all losing seats.
    The President's party historically loses seats in the first midterm election. With both houses being so close, it is absolutely possible that Biden loses one or both without even the added impact of additional gerrymandering.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unofan View Post

      If they take the house, it's because of gerrymandering. Texas is gonna gain 3 seats, Florida 2, and the GOP controls those states.

      Meanwhile Cali, Illinois, and new York are all losing seats.
      Keep an eye on Michigan. It will be interesting to see the outcome of an independent/non-partisan group (equal number of R, D, and "other") to draw the lines. This state has had more D voters statewide (which is why we have 2 D Senators, and a D Executive branch) but the congress is an R supermajority. Does not line up at all- but we've had some crazy lines drawn in 2011.

      I know this isn't the only state to change how lines are being drawn right now.

      (I also think there should be open primaries then a popular run off for the main, but that's another thread).

      The part about TX and FL that is kind of curious- how people were or were not counted- as dumpy did what he could to not count non-citizens. And thanks to greedy people like dumpy- there are thousands of illegal immigrants in both Fl and Tx.

      Comment


      • The Court will block attempts to fix gerrymandering and Jim Crow. Roberts does not care about the social argle bargle, but he is Mitch McConnell when it comes to protecting the political power of the Plutes.

        As the conservatives drop from 40% to 30% of the population the Court-blessed intimidation, fraud, and outright cheating will be more and more bald faced. It's literally all they have. We are watching a cult implode -- it will destroy as many innocent people as possible on the way out.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

          The President's party historically loses seats in the first midterm election. With both houses being so close, it is absolutely possible that Biden loses one or both without even the added impact of additional gerrymandering.
          While that’s true, partisan gerrymandering is always going to be skewed towards one party. It’s baked into the equation. So, since the GOP either held or expanded their lead in purplish/red statehouses, coupled with a decade of publicly available data to redraw their lines, that alone could flip the House to the GOP. The other factors are variables that usually work against the D’s*.
          And, I am well aware Democrats do the same thing in states like Maryland when they have the opportunity. We can’t do it as much, or apparently as effectively as the GOP, but we still try.

          edit: Works against the D’s in this particular case.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The Court will block attempts to fix gerrymandering and Jim Crow. Roberts does not care about the social argle bargle, but he is Mitch McConnell when it comes to protecting the political power of the Plutes.

            As the conservatives drop from 40% to 30% of the population the Court-blessed intimidation, fraud, and outright cheating will be more and more bald faced. It's literally all they have. We are watching a cult implode -- it will destroy as many innocent people as possible on the way out.
            Not here in MI. It's in the state Constitution. The independent board is doing their work, and will come out with new districts this fall. Every state can do this, so I suggest you all try. The proposal to amend the constitution won by 61-39 here in MI back in 2018.

            Comment


            • Hopefully, dump's supreme selfishness will help fracture the R party to the point where they are less well organized and less well funded.

              Comment


              • Lots of state GOPs censuring for those who dared not kiss the ring

                https://mobile.twitter.com/mckaycopp...43403615784961

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Lots of state GOPs censuring for those who dared not kiss the ring

                  https://mobile.twitter.com/mckaycopp...43403615784961
                  This is so ridiculous.

                  The Utah censure is even more hilarious as they accuse Romney of being part of the deep state.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

                    This is so ridiculous.

                    The Utah censure is even more hilarious as they accuse Romney of being part of the deep state.
                    I wish they would have accused him of being ANTIFA...like the did all the Qucumbers who stormed the Capitol.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      LMAO, looks like Twitter doesn't allow false election fraud Tweets to be responded to in any way now, so...

                      Tweeting into the void to own the libs.

                      Comment


                      • https://twitter.com/ToddRokitaIN/sta...widget%3DTweet

                        I mean... none of that is accurate.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                          I wish they would have accused him of being ANTIFA...like the did all the Qucumbers who stormed the Capitol.
                          They'd be closer accusing him of being Al Qaeda. You know who else had multiple wives?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • I am currently being muzzled by Big Tech for 12 hours for telling Racist Anti-Semite Jack Posobiec he should punch himself in the face because it is less embarrassing than his opinions. Apparently one of his snowflakes thought that was encouraging self harm.

                            When will this cancel culture end!1!1!1!1!

                            (no I am not upset about it in any way I laughed audibly when I got the email)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I am currently being muzzled by Big Tech for 12 hours for telling Racist Anti-Semite Jack Posobiec he should punch himself in the face because it is less embarrassing than his opinions. Apparently one of his snowflakes thought that was encouraging self harm.

                              When will this cancel culture end!1!1!1!1!
                              Reddit?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Reddit?
                                Twitter. Reddit gives me migraines.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X