X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another hysteric

https://mobile.twitter.com/waltshaub...44609573388288

Comment

• This is our last stand, folks. And here’s (Trump) your last defender. If they take him down, America is gone forever. Vote for @realDonaldTrump
      like your life depends on it.
      https://mobile.twitter.com/RealJames...98110049280000

Amazing how anyone with a functioning cortex could believe that.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Minnesota now on list of states that may not be able to handle ballots

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sollenber...32038640803845

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          But I thought Hovey said it was only one post office where equipment was being removed???

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n...f-the-election
          UPDATE

The United States Postal Service proposed removing 20 percent of letter sorting machines it uses around the country before revising the plan weeks later to closer to 15 percent of all machines, meaning 502 will be taken out of service, according to documents obtained by Motherboard outlining the agency’s plans. USPS workers told Motherboard this will slow their ability to sort mail.

One of the documents also suggests these changes were in the works before Louis DeJoy, a top Trump donor and Republican fundraiser, became postmaster general, because it is dated May 15, a month before DeJoy assumed office and only nine days after the Board of Governors announced his selection.

The title of the presentation, as well as language used in the notice to union officials, undermines the Postal Service’s narrative that the organization is simply “mov[ing] equipment around its network” to optimize processing, as spokesperson Dave Partenheimer told Motherboard on Thursday. The May document clearly calls the initiative an “equipment reduction.” It makes no mention of the machines being moved to other facilities. And the notice to union officials repeatedly uses the same phrase. Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars, being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster. USPS did not respond to a request for comment.

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities.
          Further, the timeline of the May document did not come to pass. It proposed a plan resulting in the machines being removed by the end of July, but that didn’t happen. Interviews with six postal workers and union officials around the country, who spoke to Motherboard on condition of anonymity because they’re not authorized to speak to the media, revealed these machine removals are still occurring in Michigan, West Virginia, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Texas.

More machine removals are planned in the months ahead. The document sent to union officials in June shows an updated plan to extend the machine removal timeline through the first quarter of 2021.

Motherboard also viewed documents from the same region that laid out detailed plans to reroute mail to sorting facilities further away in order to centralize mail processing even if it moves the mail across further distances. To the union officials, the result of these plans was clear: “This will slow mail processing,” one wrote in large font.
          So this has been in the works for a while (pre-dating the current Postmaster but still this year) and it is WAY more widespread than originally thought.

But such a boogeyman!
          Last edited by Handyman; 08-14-2020, 02:56 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Just one disgruntled union worker.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

UPDATE

So this has been in the works for a while (pre-dating the current Postmaster but still this year) and it is WAY more widespread than originally thought.

But such a boogeyman!
              Of course the motherboard article also said they typically don’t use these machines for election ballots because of their importance, but then that sort of screws with the narrative. Keep clutching those pearls though.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Of course the motherboard article also said they typically don’t use these machines for election ballots because of their importance, but then that sort of screws with the narrative. Keep clutching those pearls though.
                Considering Dump is on record hamstringing the USPS to interfere with the election it is hardly pearl clutching.

My god, if a Dem was doing this the right's heads would be exploding with threats to burn the capitol.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And of course they have an infinite number of workers, so it's not like needing to divert people to handle one thing could leave less people to handle another thing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• He doesnt defend him he just didn't take him to talk like us. To him we are hyperbolic cause to him Trump is a nothingburger.

It isn't that he supports him it is that he just doesn't care.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m curious. How exhausting must it be to have to exert this much mental effort to defending nazis? I mean, I get it, you’re devoid of human understanding, so these things come naturally. But even Cy Young pitchers get tired after 400 IP in a year
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        He doesnt defend him he just didn't take him to talk like us. To him we are hyperbolic cause to him Trump is a nothingburger.

It isn't that he supports him it is that he just doesn't care.
                        I think there's something more, not necessarily Hovey but judging from my Dump coworkers.

They voted for Dump in 2016 and they are lifelong Republicans. I'm sure they had their reasons. It should have been obvious to them what the Republicans were and what the American right had become -- it was a straight line from The Actor to Newt to Dubya to Dump. But they didn't see it or they just kept pushing it away.

But now here they are -- not just complicit but responsible for bringing a Nazi party into control of the White House and the Senate. How the f-ck must that feel? What if you watched Sophie's Choice and had to face that you made it all happen by your selfishness and bigotry and plain old gullibility?

I think we are seeing one third of this country in absolute denial because they can't face the magnitude of what they have done. They've destroyed the longest existing, most powerful democratic government on Earth and put every man, woman, and child not just in this country but everywhere at mortal risk.

To face that guilt would probably be suicide-inducing.

I predict they never will. They can't. Something in them knows what they've done and they would literally rather the world burn than ever fully face it.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't think that's it. I don't think they care. They welcome their new Nazi overlords, as long as the tax cuts keep coming for them, they get to do whatever they want to do, and its only the "right" people who keep getting stepped on and beat down.

As long as they don't see any of it effecting them personally, they don't care. Frogs in a pot.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I think both Rufus and Kep are right about the trump supporters. Some are what Rufus describes, some what Kep posted. Some are both. I've been saying for a long time now people cannot admit their mistakes, including their political ones. And a good number of them ARE Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I don't think that's it. I don't think they care. They welcome their new Nazi overlords, as long as the tax cuts keep coming for them, they get to do whatever they want to do, and its only the "right" people who keep getting stepped on and beat down.

As long as they don't see any of it effecting them personally, they don't care. Frogs in a pot.
                              Depends who you’re talking about. Trump 2020 voters sure. They can’t face that, they don’t understand it, or they’re nazis.

Biden 2020 isn’t telling. People will do anything to stop their house from burning down.

I think Harris 2024 Republicans are the ones who recognized that straight line and understand their ****ups.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• There isnt going to be any Harris 2024 Republicans...much like the Lincoln Group as soon as Trump is gone they will go back to their regularly scheduled programming. Unless Ivanka runs they are no longer to be counted on.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X