This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Let me guess - that motion starts with Exodus and ends with Leviticus....
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I assume it references Jekyll Island and the (((Rothchilds))).
    If you guys have never seen sovereign citizens in action in person, they are a sight to behold. They cite the UCC nonstop (that's the uniform commercial code, for you non-lawyers), believe the highest authority in the country is the local county sheriff, and think there's a difference between John Q Smith and JOHN Q SMITH(C).

There is literally no way to describe them without sounding crazy yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

If you guys have never seen sovereign citizens in action in person, they are a sight to behold. They cite the UCC nonstop (that's the uniform commercial code, for you non-lawyers), believe the highest authority in the country is the local county sheriff, and think there's a difference between John Q Smith and JOHN Q SMITH(C).

There is literally no way to describe them without sounding crazy yourself.
      I had a work friend once spend an entire lunch explaining to me how we don't have to pay taxes unless we work directly for the USG.

He also believed Enron was an innocent victim set up by "the communists in the California government."
      Last edited by Kepler; 01-27-2021, 01:28 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I just realized Ghislane is still unpardoned. That’s kind of an embarrassing oversight for Dump, isn’t it? I mean Steve Bannon got a pardon. Is she that broke that she couldn’t come up with $2M?
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Dumps impeachment lawyers have apparently quit

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Dumps impeachment lawyers have apparently quit
            Source

So it seems that all 5 lawyers quit because Trump wants to use the Big Lie as his defense. He wants to argue the election was stolen. That is the rumor anyways...
            Last edited by Handyman; 01-31-2021, 02:34 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Source

So it seems that all 5 lawyers quit because Trump wants to use the Big Lie as his defense. He wants to argue the election was stolen. That is the rumor anyways...
              His instincts tell him (accurately) that his fans will be energized by that argument, while understanding constitutionality is just beyond their tool set.

I'm sure we pinko libs would all love to see him go with the Big Lie defense. Is he insisting on testifying?

This trial, if it happens, could either be a frustrating nothingburger or a delicious show.
              Last edited by burd; 01-31-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Source

This should be fun. We will make Senators vote for two huge things- one is that they are ok with someone calling for a violent attack directly on them. And the other is that they are voting for an invalidation of real votes- which is very unconstitutional.

Give the Lincoln project much more ammo to work with.

Again, I have zero expectations that he will be convicted (although as more more info comes out...) but lets expose the racists for who they are. Some will win their states (who are insane) but some will lose, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

This should be fun. We will make Senators vote for two huge things- one is that they are ok with someone calling for a violent attack directly on them. And the other is that they are voting for an invalidation of real votes- which is very unconstitutional.

Give the Lincoln project much more ammo to work with.

Again, I have zero expectations that he will be convicted (although as more more info comes out...) but lets expose the racists for who they are. Some will win their states (who are insane) but some will lose, too.
                  I hope trump melts down and admits he committed crimes. And then I expect just 2-5 senators to vote to convict. If he actually puts on a defense and either he or his representation maintains the lies that he did not incite (or even take part in the planning) of 1-6 then I expect Romney might be on an island by himself with a vote to convict. As long as trump is in the picture, the republican party is virtually 100% his. Until republican members of the house and senate feel like trump won't say mean things about them, 99% are going to go along. The genie is out of the bottle.

The best hope for this country is trump finding something else to occupy his time other than politics. Politicians want two things in life; to be elected, and then to be re-elected. If trump is out of the picture some of them will occasionally do the right thing. If he remains engaged politically, they will continue to publicly worship him simply because they will believe that ensures their reelection. They are so afraid of him they don't realize that if they DO convict and then vote to bar him from holding public office again, they would likely solve their problem. A few might pay the price, but after a couple of years his influence would begin to wane. Look how disengaged he was during the 2018 midterms and how well democrats did. It's too bad republican politicians are almost as stupid as a lot of their voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

The best hope for this country is trump finding something else to occupy his time other than politics. Politicians want two things in life; to be elected, and then to be re-elected. If trump is out of the picture some of them will occasionally do the right thing. If he remains engaged politically, they will continue to publicly worship him simply because they will believe that ensures their reelection.
                    Worked soooo well for Loeffler and Perdue.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The best hope for this country is trump finding something else to occupy his time other than politics. Politicians want two things in life; to be elected, and then to be re-elected. If trump is out of the picture some of them will occasionally do the right thing. If he remains engaged politically, they will continue to publicly worship him simply because they will believe that ensures their reelection. They are so afraid of him they don't realize that if they DO convict and then vote to bar him from holding public office again, they would likely solve their problem. A few might pay the price, but after a couple of years his influence would begin to wane. Look how disengaged he was during the 2018 midterms and how well democrats did. It's too bad republican politicians are almost as stupid as a lot of their voters.
                      Southern District of New York should tie him up for a little while. I just wish they would bring down the charges now.

Comment

I hope trump melts down and admits he committed crimes.
                        Just get him talking on the record in a judiciary proceeding. He's a pathological liar. He cannot help himself. He will hang himself. He's literally too stupid not to.

Let him kill himself.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I'd like to see the Atty who would argue stolen election as a primary defense in that proceeding. I'm sure there are plenty out there who would, but it would probably have to be someone whose professional career is mostly behind them.

One would think, but . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I'd like to see the Atty who would argue stolen election as a primary defense in that proceeding. I'm sure there are plenty out there who would, but it would probably have to be someone whose professional career is mostly behind them.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Parise, would that be a show to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

His instincts tell him (accurately) that his fans will be energized by that argument, while understanding constitutionality is just beyond their tool set.

I'm sure we pinko libs would all love to see him go with the Big Lie defense. Is he insisting on testifying?

This trial, if it happens, could either be a frustrating nothingburger or a delicious show.
                                I havent read he wants to testify in any legit source but I guarantee he wants to. He will never have a bully pulpit like that again as a former President until he runs again. It is intoxicating...

But no lawyer can let him do that just like they wouldn't let him talk to Mueller under oath or help his defense in that first trial. Lying to Congress is a crime. Knowingly letting someone lie to Congress would, I would think, be a disbarable offense. It would be a disaster for him and would be a double disaster for the GOP. Talk about Sophie's Choice...they either have to stick to their guns and acquit him despite committing perjury (which make them look weaker than Kevin McCarthy) or they have to change their mind and convict which puts them in the scope of the Trumpers.

I can't see how any lawyer (outside of crackpots like Lin wood and Rudy) could afford to do it. Beyond the legal issues they won't get paid and their reputation will be shot. The amount of business they will likely lose because of it will be insane. Big firms can't survive defending Cletus on meth charges...

I think the trial will be both a nothingburger and a delicious show. Like watching a movie you know the ending to...but if he testifies it will be ramped up to 11 and I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some "demonstrations" that go bad.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X